State of the server

Reaction score
Got raided twice when I didn't have any items/money on me at all in my flat that basically just had a loada furniture in it.

Then when Finlay Russell raided me, I locked him in the bedroom when he went in to take the piss outta my interior design, and I got someone to shoot him through the door because I'm a pussy

Reaction score
Been in the community, on and off, for about a year now, only recently just come back. The server, as far as i'm concerned, has never been at a level of roleplay i'd personally like to see. I'm optimistic currently, and i'm trying to be the change I want to see. There is a lot of people who are genuinely interested in serious roleplay, this is a serious roleplay community after all, but they usually go unnoticed, unappreciated or simply disregarded by the majority. I understand that winning gunfights, being in shootouts, and so forth, is exciting, but surely it must get old when that's literally all you do?

Shootouts, TFU responses, and so forth are not special anymore because it's just the norm. You find yourself genuinely thanking people, especially veterans in expensive cars, for pulling over and interacting with you instead of just executing you on the spot for a speeding ticket, to have no admin response should you even attempt to make a report. There are some good eggs, even ones that don't generally attempt to roleplay seriously, but are competent and would switch given a change of circumstance.

There are, of course, bad eggs. Not naming names, and i'm not trying to be controversial but there's definitely some veterans, including some "PD mains" -- of which the majority are TFU or high ranked, who literally do not have any consideration of roleplay whatsoever and wait around looking for that "next fix" - that next fix being yet another shootout.

I love the community for all it's flaws, it's unique, but this constant KOS is just killing the enthusiasm of serious roleplayers and it's getting boring for those who ONLY want to KOS. Why not try and be the change? You know something is wrong when you're thanking dispatchers for taking their role seriously, or find yourself commemorating officers for roleplaying somewhat decently, even just a little, in a hostage situation??? come on.

Reaction score
Staff members have different opinions on rules and also punish differently.

This is true though, a lot of staff has different opinions on different things. This is staff discretion, not all rules have to be followed by correct point by point Such as building rules, it's whether staff thinks it's fine or not, which I don't feel should need to be changed, except of some few points that everyone should keep such as Spotlight limit etc.

Not only this but most of the time there is barely any staff online.

This is also quite false, mostly recently there has been a well amount of staff members on, theres still lack of staff and some staff members could really work on their stuff. There is some staff members aswell such as @Cole who got a JOB to attend to, which is 100 Times more important, than making sure kids on a roleplay server follow rules, as he doesn't get paid other than christmas payment thingy thing. Which is far from enough to live a life.

Before you say to make a Staff Complaint, no. They don't get accepted anyways for situations similar to what I just said.

That is a massive lie, if Staff complaints didn't get accepted, I would never have been demoted, or been punished for certain things. Staff Complaints in often cases takes ages to be done, which is annoying, but in most cases they get done properly.

Reaction score
Statistics on garry's mod playercount right now mean nothing for its long term health, or are you ignoring the fact that we're in the middle of a pandemic where everyone is quarantined playing videogames at home (from which a portion goes to garry's mod)

Reaction score
Before the quarantine I had checked through aswell, there were still 40K people, that is only 10K more, game isn't that dead. It was even one of the games with most players on at that point I checked, at that very moment, atleast at the page I checked.

Reaction score
@Synatec Staff complaints still do get dealt with and you shit yourself when you get a ‘can you come on TS’ message from @Collier or @Madda. Some people when it comes to reports don’t even follow the guidelines to make one which is literally there for you to help make your own life easier and ours as staff. The reports go around as ‘RDM’ or ‘Fucking cunt RDM’d me’ like what help is that? The people who make reports like these are most commonly crims that power grow as if their life depends on it and just want logs for their AR or RR.

Staff are, for the majority, always on, they can deal with your issues. Staff discretion is a thing yes and it would be hard to implement something else to replace that like some sort of guidelines because most people would just be shit on with the amount of bans some active players have.

From me personally, I normally ask Bolli if I need some guidance on a rule since obviously you’d trust him to have the most knowledge on it and that’s what most other staff members would do. We punish differently and you can’t expect us all to punish the same like that, I’m more heavy on the bans and I don’t tolerate bullshit.

The server population currently depends on if they can bait cops and KOS and have people to raid, people who passive RP are being mugged and shot down and there’s a constant complaint being thrown about PD being too OP?

The server is toxic, this is literally common knowledge and it’s at that point more OOC tools and restrictions are implemented because some idiots can’t just keep their anger in and have to type something to start pointless beef.

Enforcers and people are being called PD mains as if that is a bad thing but that is a choice of play style and it’s better than being a crim main and just growing and getting your daily fix of shootouts like a junkie.

Most of the things said in IC chat when someone is angry is aimed at an OOC way and none of us can deny this when we or other people are angry.

PERPheads has developed more into an E-Sport rather a roleplay server and it has the same sort of game style which you expect in a GTA online lobby.

As someone who is staff, a decent rank in the PD and low-key gets shit thrown at him, I throw your shit back at you. No one is happy and there is always a problem everywhere.

Reaction score
@Jack P "That is only 10K more" are you fucking kidding me? That's a 25% increase. Also what you're saying doesn't disagree with what I say, I didn't say the game is already dead, I'm saying statistics now don't mean anything for its long term health and that it's progressively dying even though slowly and the fact that there were 40k people before the pandemic doesn't change that. Look at this graph

b1e03c19d99c911ff921fddd557bf091.png

Look at 2020. First little bump that barely hits the middle line is January 2020 (winter sale). Then a small drop because immediately after, so now, we're on the rise because of the pandemic.
You can tell the trend is going downwards, aside from small bumps in playercount that happen every year (I assume winter & summer sale). From 2014 to 2018 the game stayed mostly above the middle line, after 2018 it's been going downwards and on/below the middle line until the pandemic hit.

Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/4000#All

Last edited: