Should we switch from Teamspeak to Discord?

PERPHeads TeamSpeak 3 or Discord?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
@KeiwaM why would you need to know who is LT+ or something like that? Aren't you supposed to ask questions on the PLPD site?

Reaction score
@thehomelessdude Not really. If it is a new player who has simple questions it's easier to just poke a LT to ask the question. Which is exactly why Teamspeak is better for a larger community

Reaction score
@KeiwaM Specific channel for PLPD questions??????????????????????????? Also new players don't even know that the Police system is that complicated on PERP

Reaction score
Discord should be a casual thing, like the new shoutbox while teamspeak remains the primary thing when dealing with interviews and other serious matters. Both should play very different roles but I think people would find discord better/easier to interact with people on.

Reaction score
Discord is a good jack of all trades kind of thing with a lot of features like the emotes and roles and stuff like that while teamspeak sports stuff like better voice quality role management and very good connections

Reaction score
Discord in my opinion is much better for a community and allows for a faster support time along with an easier way to communicate with other members.

Announcements, staff chats etc are all easily accessible despite the use of slack - I'm unsure on the staff teams and PD's opinions on using slack but its an alternative regardless if you don't like it.

Big issue is that discord likes to ban over extremely dumb stuff, even a "I'm going to hit you" will result in a permanent ban. I'd advise making a "PerpheadsSA" Discord account, transfer all discord ownerships and don't even log on to it unless absolutely necessary. I've had a few discords deleted from another community for being disc banned and its a pain in the ass.

Reaction score
They have to be reported specifically, they dont go out of their way to look at specific lines lol.

Just don't piss anyone off and you're fine.

Reaction score
8qKGFED.png

Reaction score
Teamspeak feels more serious but feels old on the other hand Discord feels more "modern" but more toy-alike... I wouldve choose Discord because most of the people uses it