Snip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As most people know, today (16/1/17) the server was an absolute Mingefest. It turned into a DarkRP server with a purge timer. This is quite disgusting to see that because we were missing simple chat and communication functions that almost everyone involved decided it'd be appropriate to act like spergs and do whatever they want. Several players were banned but I believe some of those punishments and reasonings should be re-looked at. This was basically a 'monkey see monkey do' situation and herd mentality was so strong here it ruined everyone's roleplay and influenced their actions to lead to all this.

My suggestion?

Close the server until whatever issues are currently issued fixed, to prevent loss of a player base and ruining some people's reputations and re-open it when said issues are fixed on a day where multiple staff members could be on at once to help re-adjust the server (probably somewhere during the weekend)

What do you guys think?
@Fredy

the word minge is to describe someone who acts out of roleplay to annoy others, not the other definition

Reaction score
So just because some people decided to minge on the server while it was sort of broken means you want to take the nuclear option and just prevent everyone from playing all together?
No thanks buddy
Broken server or not, minges are still going to minge.

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea, Some of those players who were punished shouldn't have gotten the ban length ( my opinion ) for something so tiny of a rule break, ( Everyone in that AR got Perma's ), Also to respond to another comment above mine @Imperial Watch On the server the Mic system was broken and then chat broke also resulting in no way to RP as you can see everyones chat and no way to know who said what, and who was talking to who at that time and no other way to communicate with others, minges or not, The server should not have been put into that state ( i don't know what caused the issues for it to occur )

Reaction score
When the server is completely broken aka you can't get jobs, instant respawns, can't use storage, etc, the server should be shutdown because at that point the server is no longer perp and basically becomes a sandbox & just devolves into complete chaos, as seen today. Minor problems like voice chat not working doesn't warrant a shutdown, however.

Reaction score
Closing the server to prevent so called "minges" will not do anything but make things worse in my opinion. Yes, the server might be a little messed up since things are being changed, but you have to remember. No matter what's wrong with the server, the rules still apply to all the PLAYERS unless stated otherwise. Yes, I feel bad that some of my close friends were permanently banned and they have been here for a while, example: @Jay. If the server is closed until development is finished, what good would that do? It would most likely cause more issues when it's reopened.

As @Imperial Watch stated above, why ruin it for others? All of my good friends were banned, but honestly they should have abided by the rules. Yes, it sucks. Thats why there is ban appeals. This might sound salty.

The server has been crashing a lot lately, and players haven't been able to get on it all the time, yes. There has been some issues. This won't help, but make players mad. The searcher isn't even completely broken, taking away the crashes. You can still role play, become a job, and most importantly follow the rules.

Reaction score
People need to get off of their high horse. This is GMOD people are already not very serious and when stuff like this happens shit is gonna happen. If you don't like the mingefest just leave until the server is fixed, you know perfectly well that 0 roleplay is possible without voice or a proper text based chat so why are you going to expect anything else but people just having a good time being minges.
Just let em have their fun for now until the server is fixed we don't need to always be looking for ways to ban each other. Otherwise, close the server cause it's obviously not gonna be possible to roleplay and keeping it open is basically just bait for people to get banned.

Reaction score
you know perfectly well that 0 roleplay is possible without voice or a proper text based chat so why are you going to expect anything else but people just having a good time being minges.

Yes, there might be a voice chat issue. Last time I checked, there wasn't a text chat issue, correct me if I'm wrong. Everyone was forced to use the text base chat after voice chat failed on at least 50 players. Being a minge, is being a minge.

Reaction score
What else are people gonna do when there's no roleplay to participate in, when server is constantly crashing, etc. I don't really see the problem here. The server is in dev mode. You can't do much from what I've seen. Just have fun while it lasts :)

Also, no. There's really no way you can do stuff like grow weed or whatever and nobody raiding because nobody to raid in the first place. Server is empty, and every time it's empty, people get crazy. Happens all the time.

Reaction score
Just let em have their fun for now until the server is fixed we don't need to always be looking for ways to ban each other. Otherwise, close the server cause it's obviously not gonna be possible to roleplay and keeping it open is basically just bait for people to get banned.
If you don't want to play on the server while there are issues, there is a simple resolvement. It's called leave the server, and wait. It's very possible for others to role play disregarding the server crashing and props and drugs still being there after it recovering if you didn't know. It's not bait for others to get banned. Yes, this is only a Garry's Mod community, and it's only a game. But, when you join the server you are agreeing to the server rules. You are agreeing to follow the server rules, and listen to others.

I had a lot of good friends get banned from the servers, but I don't consider it as something fun, funny, or good. My friends agreed to follow the rules, and they didn't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you don't want to play on the server why there are issues, there is a simple resolvement. It's called leave the server, and wait.
Great we agree.
It's called leave the server, and wait. It's very possible for others to role play disregarding the server crashing and props and drugs still being there after it recovering if you didn't know.
Yes it's very much possible to roleplay when
  • The server may crash at any moment and abruptly end any RP situation
  • There is no functioning voice or text based chat (what are you gonna do sign language?)
  • A core function of the game being broken which is drugs
  • If metagaming, or power growing, because no one can raid you sounds fun (that's not RP) or deaf RP, sounds fun to you then I guess you can "RP".
I had a lot of good friends get banned from the servers, but I don't consider it as something fun, funny, or good. My friends agreed to follow the rules, and they didn't.
Is this beneficial to the server, nobody was actually affected by this (nobody lost money or items which is all that really matters at the end of the day) so why get in the way of people of having fun?

Reaction score
There is no functioning voice or text based chat (what are you gonna do sign language?)
The text based chat has been working fine for others to use it, since there has been issues with the voice chat. The text based chat has only had issues at not displaying names, and not registering commands. Such as /y for YELL. It's still possible to communicate to others. Just maybe not in the way you are used to doing it with.

So why get in the way of people having fun? Not getting in the way. People have known that these rules apply. Why go around them? Why go around them without verification and permission? It's a SeriousRP server. Explains why @Sgt.James banned so many people.

• "If metagaming, or power growing, because no one can raid you sounds fun (that's not RP) or deaf RP, sounds fun to you then I guess you can "RP"."
I didn't say it was fun, but it was possible and people were doing it. Like I said if you don't like the concept of "fun" and "RP" then you don't have to play.

Reaction score
When the server is completely broken aka you can't get jobs, instant respawns, can't use storage, etc, the server should be shutdown because at that point the server is no longer perp and basically becomes a sandbox & just devolves into complete chaos, as seen today. Minor problems like voice chat not working doesn't warrant a shutdown, however.

I agree that VOIP does not warrant a temporary shutdown, but when that, chat being broken and the above you've stated I do believe the server should go through a "maintence break"

Reaction score
If it comes to a point where you cannot properly play the server as it was intended to be played, the server should be shut down or have a password put on it until functions are properly restored. Having the server up in that state serves no real purpose, and will only lead to things like that.

Reaction score
Chat was not the only thing broken. Cars were broken and storage was broken. Quite simply the server was completely broken yet it is expected to rp? how do you rp when nothing is working? There was 3 admins online at the time of yousselfs videos and not one of them did anything but say "the rules are still being enforced" Hell they only banned the guys from the action report not at the time it was happening and they was watching it happen.

Simply put the ban lengths are stupidly long and should be reduced.

Reaction score
Could everyone please stop acting like they are perfect RPers and commenting on this post that everyone should have continued rp we all know its impossible without any chat or voice chat all these people who got banned from what ive seen that is shit people normally get a day ban for some of those players played on this server for 6 months but how is it even possible to play 6 months without intent to rp thats just dumb we all know it those bans were bs and the server should have been shutdown or they shouldnt have banned the loyal community people in it// dont mind the spelling i typed this on my phone

Reaction score
Yes, let's continue to enforce a crippled server, because everyone knows that you can defend yourself when chat is broken and being spammed.
Not to mention that roleplay was also impossible, you could not arrest or punish anyone when the actual gamemode was broken.

Staff could not pick up players with their physguns, people couldn't die to fistfights, batons were useless as fuck.
At the end of the day, a newer player would have gone right ahead and disconnected instantly due to the "quality roleplay" everyone's capable of, at this state of the server.

No, shut the server down or password protect it until this is fixed, I had to shoot down two officers because I knew none of their intentions, and could not communicate. Safe to say that both already opened fire for an unjustified reason.

If even demos work from that situation, I'll try to make a video or something.

Reaction score
Server broken? Disconnect, no need to start a fucking mingefest just because the gamemode was partially broken. Also anyone complaining about the ban length, they are always able to appeal the actual ban. The excuses some people make for messing around are so childish too.

Reaction score
I personally lost lots of money to people rulebreaking last night, but you don't see me asking for the server to close. I rather that it were up

Status
Not open for further replies.