So much for enjoying the update

Reaction score
Well guys I was expecting to get back into perp only to get plagued by the lag spikes which some of the community even staff members are suffering from. Due to this I cannot return to the server and I will not file a reinstatement for the PLPD. Even if I wipe every single byte from my computer its will most likely do nothing at all so due to this my activity will only be on the forums.

I will not waste a server slot just to crash my car into every new feature in this update that the devs have worked hard to build. Plus I have a new job now meaning I will be unavailable quite alot more due to the working hours but I will still have time every now and then. @Jordan you are difficult to contact but i wanted you to know that im doing my own investigation into these lag spikes and im sorry for bothering you.

I will gladly talk to the staff on the forums or TS regarding these lag spikes because they make the server unplayable for me and others. I hope they find a fix soon because members of the community are waiting for one.

Reaction score
You had me on "crashing my car into every new feature"
Jokes aside.

Hopefully I'll see you around the server sometime soon.

Try a complete re-install by emptying all add-ons from your subscription and delete the cache folder and downloads folder inside "/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod". Then let the server install the content for you.
Make sure you have enough physical memory, as my game tends to jump straight up to 60-80% with chrome open, in some instances even 90%
Closing discord and chrome (which eats most of my physical memory) helps a lot and brought the percentage down by 30.
Dom_ suggested in shoutbox to turn off reflections, so I suppose you can try that too.

If that doesn't work I suppose you'll have to wait for an update to the content regardless.
I'll see you around I suppose.

Reaction score
@Creepis has informed me on the shoutbox that fredy has found the cause and hopefully the lag spikes issues everyone is having will be fixed soon.

I would like to thank everyone for helping out and if all goes well this thread will be closed and I will see you on the server.