Permanent.

Your Steam Name:

Sorle

Your In-game Name:

Alfa Ross

Your Steam ID:

STEAM_0:0:51990442

Why were you banned/blacklisted:

Community-wide ban - for those unaware, doxxing.

Why should this appeal be considered:

My original appeal contents containing the rundown of what happend & my initial apologies:

I'm aware the time elapsed since the incident in question is wholly insignificant & not the amount to be expected of someone attempting to appeal a permanent ban for doxxing, and to be truthful there's no genuine excuse for this. I'd completely understand if the staff team as a whole didn't feel ready to reintegrate me into the community & quite frankly, I'd feel the same way.

Essentially, the incident in question occurred the night after a discussion which escalated into an argument between @Inchs and my girlfriend on a private Discord server. I had got involved in the discussion at the point of Inchs making a statement which I believed to completely cross the line when the discussion was previously civil.

The next day, it was brought to my attention once again & only at that stage did I truly grasp the extent of what was said, whether it was meaningful or not. At this stage, I brought what was said to the attention of Collier & made a public post on Inchs' profile with the screenshot of what was said. As you could imagine, this got out of hand incredibly quickly & someone ended up posting a mocking image of myself, at which point I thought to myself "fuck it" and decided to post the Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, real name, university, and photos of Inchs as a sort of retaliation.

Quite obviously, from an outsider perspective, this is an entirely disproportionate reaction, and I myself still regret the actions, not even for the punishment they carried. Inchs and I have spoken in private extensively regarding this situation and both apologised and have been able to move on somewhat from it and have a strong friendly relationship again as previously.

Evidently no one is to blame here but myself. I'd like to apologise completely for bringing an incident which should've just stayed private into the community, knowing that it would just cause issues. It was a sheer moment of impulse & there was a deep-seated personal level of anger and hatred within me at that stage due to what was said.

Past that, I feel as if I've breached the trust of many staff members who had entrusted me with an administrative rank at the time, and what I ended up doing simply damaged the reputation of the staff team as a whole unjustifiably & unwarrantedly. I would also like to apologise for this, because I should've contemplated not only the negative impact on the individual in question, but the negative impact on the community as a whole, because I still did and still do actually care for the community, however I just didn't see the "splash damage" my actions would cause.

I've done the best I could in the time I've remained banned to cause as little disruption as possible & even positively communicate with members of the community where possible; my intent with the community as a whole is only positive as it serves for the basis for a lot of my teenage years & many great memories have been formed here.

I deeply regret my actions & essentially allowing myself to back into old habits & the "cycle" and it's truly a poor reflection of my character - I'm taking honest and genuine steps to improve and quite frankly I'm not going to allow myself to be the person I once was - as harsh as it may sound I've been a twat for too long and I simply need to confront and accept it.

I'd like to think my improvement has been gradual & in my time as staff I demonstrated that my intents for the community are positive and I'm not inherently seeking malicious interaction. Obviously the most recent events may skew people's perceptions of how I am as a person & there's no real way to excuse that, however at least within hours of my actions I understood the fault in what I did and did my best to control the damage & make amends for what I did.

Serious steps to improve myself as a whole are being made, including seeking medical aid for any mental health ailments that could be present & behavioural therapy being considered. I'd like to apologise to those who feel let down by the potential I demonstrated in the time I was staff & then decided to waste - I truthfully am doing my best to tap into this again & be a better version of myself.

Additional Comment(s):

Thank you for reading & I'm entirely open for discussion if you'd like to add me on Steam - hyperlinked under "Your Steam Name" - or on Discord: sorle#2085​

Status
Not open for further replies.