Stephen's dev log discussion

Reaction score
aagaard said:
I love the new police skins (cars) but could there by any chanse be difrent unit numbers on every car (t would be easyer to locate /orgenise units that way) :D
Becuse it takes time.

Reaction score
1. What is the max speed of the new upcoming: - Charger SRT-8 - Crown Victoria and the Charger SRT-8 2012?
Will you be allowed to patroll in the Medic Prius?
Is the max. amount of police cars still 5 after the update? Or will you be able to spawn 5 Chargers SRT-8 And 5 Crown Victoria's? If it will be max 5 cars and the LT wants to spawn his BMW M5 while there are already 5 police cars, can he spawn his car then?

Reaction score
JarredInator said:
1. What is the max speed of the new upcoming: - Charger SRT-8 - Crown Victoria and the Charger SRT-8 2012?
Will you be allowed to patroll in the Medic Prius?
Is the max. amount of police cars still 5 after the update? Or will you be able to spawn 5 Chargers SRT-8 And 5 Crown Victoria's? If it will be max 5 cars and the LT wants to spawn his BMW M5 while there are already 5 police cars, can he spawn his car then?
1) Crown Victoria and Charger are slightly faster than the BMW M1. Charger 2012 version is closer to that of a Ferrari 512 TR. From how I remember Xquality set them up to be.
2) Yes, it will function much the same as the Dodge Ram offered for firefighters currently.
3) Max amount of police cars is determined by the mayor, of any type, however premium can spawn their own police vehicle beyond this limit.

Reaction score
aagaard said:
I love the new police skins (cars) but could there by any chanse be difrent unit numbers on every car (t would be easyer to locate /orgenise units that way) :D
Because as you may note by the number of posts in this "when is this coming out" and other phrases much the same. It was the first reply post on all of this for goodness sake. So we don't do it in interest of combining the best features with the time it may take to implement. And at this time there is no way for lieutenant to assign unit numbers or anything else, so it would require all sorts of new infrastructure that isn't in place now thereby taking up several days worth of effort when there is plenty more going on. It should be clear by my log that there is ton being done most every day already, so there's no way for me to work any harder on this than I am so some features have to sit on the back burner until a later date.

Reaction score
StephenPuffs said:
Fun post!

There are roughly 576 characters in this picture, see how many you can spot that look similar in more than one part, a part being shirt,pants,shoes,and undershirt (keep in mind, the whitish circle looking thing on the shirt, is actually a monogram, so it has a letter, so it probably isn't really the same as another nearby).

Good luck and have fun with it =P
Alex believes a person's neck is part of their shirt, pants, shoes, or undershirt, good to know.

Reaction score
In your post you stated that you can get the taxi job with any vehicle, does that mean you can spawn the taxi when You have any vehicle or does it mean you can use all cars as taxi?

Reaction score
Rutger Cornfield said:
In your post you stated that you can get the taxi job with any vehicle, does that mean you can spawn the taxi when You have any vehicle or does it mean you can use all cars as taxi?
bugatti taxiiii

Reaction score
Rutger Cornfield said:
Raptor taxiiii

Reaction score
Rutger Cornfield said:
It means you need to own a vehicle in order to get the job, the job itself still uses the Ford Crown Victoria, but set up to look like a taxi, unlike the personal vehicle of the same model. This is basically to ensure people know the map (unlikely you have a car but don't know map) since delivery and taxi both require you to find certain destinations without asking someone else of the same job like police could do.

Reaction score
I'm amazed by how awesome the dash lights are and I have no clue how you managed to do it.
Maybe people will actually turn their headlights on now. :D

BTW, Stephen, I'm really impressed by how much you can do in such a short time!

Reaction score
Rutger Cornfield said:
I'm amazed by how awesome the dash lights are and I have no clue how you managed to do it.

It is one of the many things, like clothes that I stumbled upon after a lot of sifting through VALVe articles about their games. So it got me thinking, but how can I do something like Gmod, after much research I found the key and it kinda exploded into a variety of new features. Anyways let me tell you, it gets stressful trying to keep up with everything even the slightest change can make. But also it's not as short of time as you think, there's a reason I only post one thing per day lol, and that's after several hours of work.

Reaction score
Rutger Cornfield said:

removed