Stephen's dev log discussion

Reaction score
Roughly how much will adding body groups to your car cost? Will it be per change? For example if I were to add a spoiler to a 300k car how much would that change alone cost?

Reaction score
MoronPipllyd said:
Roughly how much will adding body groups to your car cost? Will it be per change? For example if I were to add a spoiler to a 300k car how much would that change alone cost?
I don't know how or if Stephen has set up the prices but you will not be buying just a spoiler you'll be buying an entire body kit for the car. Now what each "set" for each car contains as to what parts can be changed is not under our control. (some cars have wheel options, others don't have spoilers, some don't have side skirts ect.) However, what combination of available bodygroups is in each "set" is what we have determined.

For example say I bought a Scion FR-S. (Toyota GT-86, Subaru BRZ) I would be able to purchase a body kit for it. If I wanted the "racing" body kit then that defined bodygroup set would be applied to my car. Some cars have many bodygroup sets (up to four), some have one set, some have none because either there are no bodygroups that can be changed or the parts that can be changed are pointless.

Reaction score
I just saw Stephen's video and the map and features look astonishing! Good work guys!

Reaction score
Yes! Updated map, I can't wait to spend my money on a car which is 200K-300K then spend the rest of my car upgrading it! Steven can you post a video of the vehicle modification?

Reaction score
The Real Black Jesus said:
Yes! Updated map, I can't wait to spend my money on a car which is 200K-300K then spend the rest of my car upgrading it! Steven can you post a video of the vehicle modification?
1) Either Stephen or Phteven, never Steven.
2) What do you mean? I show both the unmodified and second tuning level in the video. The actual process of getting it upgraded is like any other NPC interaction basically, since we can't do vehicle upgrades part by part with how the Source Engine works so there's nothing fancy to that really.

I also mention the prices and how much you can modify a vehicle really, so a 200k-300k car wouldn't cost a HUGE amount to upgrade. Not cheap though, 300k, for full upgrade not including cost of buying car in the first place; that is without aftermarket kits, paint jobs, metal trim to go on it for style points as well.

Reaction score
Never "Steven" got it. Sorry, but in the video I didn't see anything. Ill check it out again.

Reaction score
You can see his car hit around 70 without any upgrades, On the second run it hit almost 90MPH,

Good thing I have $2,300,000 Ready to upgrade my $550,000 car :D.

Reaction score
Rutger Cornfield said:
How much would it cost to fully upgrade a bugatti veyron 16.4... I wonder...
$4,000,000 * 0.4 = $1,600,000
$1,600,000 > $1,000,000
$1,000,000 * 2 = $2,000,000
$4,000,000 + $2,000,000 = $6,000,000

Tadah: $6,000,000 to fully upgrade Bugatti Veyron 16.4 including purchase of vehicle, $2,000,000 if already owned.

Reaction score
Rutger Cornfield said:
How much would it cost to fully upgrade a bugatti veyron 16.4... I wonder...
Hax has 5 million, We all know that he will upgrade is Bugatti :D

Reaction score
You are adding so much stuff, but the question is will it lag?

(Nice work Stephen)

Reaction score
Brian Husky said:
You are adding so much stuff, but the question is will it lag?

(Nice work Stephen)
To be blunt, kinda unknown but honestly, shouldn't any more than it does now.

Reaction score
Ben Lockwood said:
Looking forward to upgrading my new bugatti :D this update couldn't come soon enough. Everything you have made so far looks amazing.
Congrats on Bugatti, and thanks. Trying to wrap it up soon as I can, really could use a break after this lol.

Reaction score
1. What will the suburb houses in the next update cost?
2. Will there be a parking lot next to the slums apartment, if yes. Is there any type of picture of it?

Reaction score
JarredInator said:
1. What will the suburb houses in the next update cost?
2. Will there be a parking lot next to the slums apartment, if yes. Is there any type of picture of it?
1. The big ones will cost more than the smaller ones.
2. There's already a little parking space next to slums. http://puu.sh/9idGz/dc94c8f94e.jpg

Reaction score
Is there more Major/Minor changes in the map, if yes can you show a picture of it?