Stephen's dev log discussion

Reaction score
Shortyzz said:
It was said that the seats were fixed or something in the blog, does it mean that i finally don't sit in the ''child position'' with my legs hanging trough the bottom side of the car and making me unable to see the road correctly as the driver does as a passenger?
The amount your legs stick through the bottom all depends on the car's seat height mostly, if the seat is near the floor in the car, your legs will stick through, no good way around that. And by seating in my dev log, I mean, I have positioned the seats in the new cars, so where you should sit as a passenger, as those positions are not defined by TDM or anyone else, has to be manually added which is a painstaking process. However, if you believe you're too far down in your car, let me know what car you have and I will review it.

Reaction score
Hax said:
Alright let's do this.

Will the update contain only visually car customation?

Can you lower or raise your vehicle?

Is it possible to paint the interior?

Will it be possible to change the fov in 3rd person view?
@LEWIS 088
Same answer as Xquality already gave, adjusting this is impractical and would require the vehicle to handle differently than normal, so this behavior will not be introduced. The ride height of the car all depends on the car you buy, won't be able to customize.

Reaction score
Prices for vehicles have been determined but whether they are premium or not has not been, however, when all details are finalized, I will be giving out a full list with all details. But if you want to guess what price a new vehicle is, look at the list I gave of all our vehicles that we have after addition (HERE) and they roughly are the same price as the vehicles around where in the list they are.

Reaction score
Shortyzz said:
It was said that the seats were fixed or something in the blog, does it mean that i finally don't sit in the ''child position'' with my legs hanging trough the bottom side of the car and making me unable to see the road correctly as the driver does as a passenger?
I have a Audi S5 but i believe that my car doesn't have that problem, i just noticed it in cars like the mini cooper for example.

Reaction score
Fun post!

There are roughly 576 characters in this picture, see how many you can spot that look similar in more than one part, a part being shirt,pants,shoes,and undershirt (keep in mind, the whitish circle looking thing on the shirt, is actually a monogram, so it has a letter, so it probably isn't really the same as another nearby).

Good luck and have fun with it =P

Reaction score
StephenPuffs said:
Fun post!

There are roughly 576 characters in this picture, see how many you can spot that look similar in more than one part, a part being shirt,pants,shoes,and undershirt (keep in mind, the whitish circle looking thing on the shirt, is actually a monogram, so it has a letter, so it probably isn't really the same as another nearby).

If you look closely, you can clearly see they all have broken necks.

Reaction score
Hey guys would it be posible to implement numberplates on the new models (whit diffrent numbers) it could be the phone numbers or at least use some of the same coding from the phone numbers

Reaction score
aagaard said:
Hey guys would it be posible to implement numberplates on the new models (whit diffrent numbers) it could be the phone numbers or at least use some of the same coding from the phone numbers
Actually... that isn't such a bad idea! Adding number plates that will be given a random number combination that can be tracked by a police computer thingie , like if you press a specific button such as F while being inside the cop car will open a little screen that asks you to type in the number plate code, after that is done it gives you the owner of the car, the name of the car [ like a Toyota prius ] etc. Could be handy.

Reaction score
aagaard said:
Implementing number plates would take some time, and we're probably not going to do it now. It had already crossed my mind a few days ago, to have numberplates. But not for now.

Reaction score
AyJay said:
SenlinGames;n33560 said:
Will car indicators be added in the next update or is that planned for a later date?
I'd love to see these, much realism would be added.
It was discussed before, doesn't seem possible. Not sure if it's in the dev log though, I'm away from home so I didn't have time to read it all.

Reaction score
Hax said:
Alright let's do this.

Will the update contain only visually car customation?

Can you lower or raise your vehicle?

Is it possible to paint the interior?

Will it be possible to change the fov in 3rd person view?
I'd love to have the good old hydraulics. It was fun fun fun.

Reaction score
StephenPuffs said:
Fun post!

@Alex NEW FEATURE MAYBE?

Reaction score
aagaard said:
Yeah, its not really necessary, im also not saying it HAS to be in this update but its just a random idea that i thought about, but besides that the stuff that stephen and you [possibly more i dont know] are working are really cool things too so i'm not complaining haha =).

Reaction score
aagaard said:
Fredy handles the database stuff, I do the graphics (skins, etc) and Stephen adds it all into the code.

Reaction score
I love the new police skins (cars) but could there by any chanse be difrent unit numbers on every car (t would be easyer to locate /orgenise units that way) :D

Reaction score
aagaard said:
I love the new police skins (cars) but could there by any chanse be difrent unit numbers on every car (t would be easyer to locate /orgenise units that way) :D
Stephen and I have talked about that. Yes it's possible, no we won't do it for this update, sorry.

Reaction score
aagaard said:
would it be posseble to do it in later updates and why dont you do it in this?