[Suggestion] Mugging 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 5.1 Mugging

Your version of the rule: Every player whilist mugging is allowed to ask for a screenshot from the player he's mugging, the player who's getting mugged should take a screenshot and upload it in looc, if the mugger frisks the person with any frisk command by /me and request the player to upload a screenshot and the player fails to do so it'd count as resisting a frisk.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited
: It'll make easier job for staff by not wasting their time responding to a mugging and get info on the player's items and it'll be a lot better, and it'll be helpful when there's no staff online when you mugging someone

Also i would like to let you know there's another way other than "resisting a frisk" instead of it being resisting frisk it can be straight against the rules such as "If a player resists to upload a screenshot the player will be punished for breaking the rules" but i prefer it'd count as resisting a frisk

It's kinda unrealistic and you'll have to go and take a screenshot everytime you get mugged but people really be stalling rp and you're not sure what the person is carrying or he might be lying about some items/money and when there's no staff on you're fucked, there's no way to know what the person has.

And about timing. i would like to let you all know it's the same time when you request someone to upload a screenshot you'll have to wait a few seconds, requesting a staff to do so it might take a while or sometimes staff won't have time to deal with your report as they're dealing with other reports.

Reaction score
Or implement a system where people can search zip tied people the same way cops can search cuffed people. It would only show the items that are allowed to be mugged and you can take what you want, leave what you do not want.

No need for a rule change when they can implement something that is already a thing, all they have to do is change cuffs to zip ties and cop to civilian and then change certain items that can be taken.

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
In real life you don't bring zipties to mug someone it's kinda waste of money too but it's still a good thing to add, people all the time been mugging with a gun no need more than a gun to mug someone, it's shit when you mug someone and he says he got nothing and won't upload a screenshot and you look at the scoreboard and see no staff on

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Or implement a system where people can search zip tied people the same way cops can search cuffed people. It would only show the items that are allowed to be mugged and you can take what you want, leave what you do not want.

No need for a rule change when they can implement something that is already a thing, all they have to do is change cuffs to zip ties and cop to civilian and then change certain items that can be taken.

https://perpheads.com/threads/zip-ties.35779/

Or this can be added instead of changing/editing the rule.

but i still prefer adding this to the rule.

Reaction score
People use to metagame,that his friend is getting mugged or cops look at the chat for example: /me take items,cash and there is no time to wait till the the guy which is getting mugged while he uploads the screenshot,easier way is just make f6 fast and request for info from moderators,it is more easier,by my experience.

Reaction score
Other version,i would like to suggest any guy who is zip tied anyone can come and check what he has on him and just take off the items that he has,as officers checks for illegal goods.

Reaction score
What if I can't provide such screenshot, I might not have any screenshot software / a slow internet connection. What if I don't know how to upload a steam screenshot?
This is a stupid idea in my opinion, the real solution for this is allowing people to be searched, not forcing the player to upload screenshots.
-support

Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 5.1 Mugging

Your version of the rule: Every player whilist mugging is allowed to ask for a screenshot from the player he's mugging, the player who's getting mugged should take a screenshot and upload it in looc, if the mugger frisks the person with any frisk command by /me and request the player to upload a screenshot and the player fails to do so it'd count as resisting a frisk.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: It'll make easier job for staff by not wasting their time responding to a mugging and get info on the player's items and it'll be a lot better, and it'll be helpful when there's no staff online when you mugging someone

Also i would like to let you know there's another way other than "resisting a frisk" instead of it being resisting frisk it can be straight against the rules such as "If a player resists to upload a screenshot the player will be punished for breaking the rules" but i prefer it'd count as resisting a frisk

It's kinda unrealistic and you'll have to go and take a screenshot everytime you get mugged but people really be stalling rp and you're not sure what the person is carrying or he might be lying about some items/money and when there's no staff on you're fucked, there's no way to know what the person has.

And about timing. i would like to let you all know it's the same time when you request someone to upload a screenshot you'll have to wait a few seconds, requesting a staff to do so it might take a while or sometimes staff won't have time to deal with your report as they're dealing with other reports.
If there’s multiple staff on it shouldn’t take long for one of us to come, I see absolutely no need for this. It’s as easy as 3 clicks for staff to see their whole inventory.

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
what if there's no staff on?

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
don't have a software=f12 and upload ss, a slow internet connection= you won't be able to play perp in the first palce

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
i'm just adding this as an other suggestion i know that you said it that's why i quote it, i did this to see what people think of it as a second suggestion

Reaction score
This is just a complete waste of time since staff always come if they are on and if they don't then just either mug someone and trust that they are giving you everything or don't mug at all.

Reaction score
It's a very flawed idea due to the fact that there are many ways that a person cannot send the screenshot, It might be manipulated, or taken at a different time, therefore, providing you with fewer items than the truth. I do agree with others that searching a person you are mugging should be what is implemented in times where there aren't many moderators on or active (This has happened to me a lot and for hours on end, there was no one to respond). However, there are other variables such as what if that person doesn't consent to the search? Or a zip tie? Sure you can make an AR after but you've lost any potential items you could or would have gotten at the moment. The searches can't be just allowed at any moment as that would just release a hell of rule breaks. My conclusion to this is, avoid mugging when there are no admins/mods on. That way you wouldn't need screenshots and you can avoid these problems overall.

Reaction score
Some people might not know how to navigate steam screenshots or might not have gyazo or Imgru or Prntscn.

You still can’t guarantee the person you mug will comply with orders or will follow the rules, there needs to be an implementation of a system similar to officers with zip ties in order to actually see what they have and possibly take it from them or ask them to drop it, it would be hard to Enforce this since staff might not be on during muggings and might not be able to respond In such a high pressure situation, you’ve solely got to trust the person provides a screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.