STEAM NAME:
tomhillm8

IN-GAME NAME:
Thomas George

STEAM ID:
STEAM_0:0:35126079

Poole, Dorset, England, United Kingdom.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:

Hello, this is my second application for enforcer. The reason why my last one was rejected was because I was a little bit silly. However, I gave it a week to mature myself and now I feel that I'm ready to re-apply. I've been playing on Perpheads since October 2014 and I admit, I was a bit of a twit - however, I do intend on changing my slate and cleansing the server from rule breakers!

Now then, about me.
I'm 18 years old, born March 10th 1997 in my hometown of Poole. I've lived in that town my entire life (so far), and it's the best place to live, in the world. Did you know that Poole has the second largest natural harbour in the world? As demonstrated by my signature, I really like the show Archer. Dr. Krieger is my favourite character. I've been playing Garry's Mod since December 2010 and I have over 1650 hours playtime.

I do not have any VAC bans at all and no recent in-game bans. My Perpheads playtime is 2 weeks, and I regularly donate to the server.

Admittedly, I sadly do not have any administrative experience within Garry's Mod. However, I used to host a server on a different game called Blockland. It's dead these days, but I used to host a cool TDM server.

Recently, I've been asking people in-game if they'd recommend me for Enforcer. Surprisingly, I received quite a positive answer also my previous application received a lot of positive feedback.

Personally, I show a deep interest in the server. I frequently make suggestions as I feel that I enjoy seeing the server being improved. One of my suggestions that were implemented was the Police Sergeant job which turned into supervisor. I'm finding myself constantly making reports of rule breakers within the server, therefore this indicates that I don't like seeing rules being broken.

In-game, I am often catching that odd highway runner usually. However, I feel that if I were to be a part of the staff team, I would be able to stop bigger threats to the rules of the server. I can see myself being extremely useful in situations by calmly dealing with those who have been accused or quarrelling.

If I were to be an enforcer, I would aim to be more lenient and passive when dealing with reports. Let's say for example there's a Sweater-vest running across the highway, I would grab him and bring him towards me and explain to him that he cannot run across it and remind him of rules 3.4 (Putting life at risk), and 3.21 (Walking on the highway).
However, if it were to be someone with a higher playtime and he was to run at gunpoint, I would issue a warning as he should by now know of 3.4 (putting life at risk).

Regarding the Police force in-game, I would try and encourage officers to act more realistically. For example, it's been known that newer officers to the force like to "accidentally" discharge their firearms which causes the whole police force to report a shots fired being frantically screamed all over the radio at the PD. I would talk to him and ask him why he's done that. If he was being lenient I would request him to be temporarily blacklisted from the force for a few minutes and verbally warn him. If he were to say something along the lines of "fuck off, I do what I want!!" and continue to discharge his weapon, I would request a moderator to my position as well as issuing a warning for 1.1 (Disrespectful behaviour), 1.4 (causing problems), 4.1 (Follow the law - he discharged his weapon for no reason as an officer, Law 11.11 was not met).

Now, this part hasn't been copied from my previous application - this time regarding phone numbers in-game.
Me and @Chris were in the server yesterday, and [FFG] Aidan|DaleAGaming [VG] was phoning up literally (not figuratively) everyone in the server to run for Mayor... Chris issued out a warning to him via OOC telling him to stop, he then totally ignored the message. Meanwhile, I went to the city hall and there I saw him saying "Run for Mayor". I instantly knew it was him and I hammered into /report that he was here. During the sit, he constantly changed his stories. Perhaps he was nervous, perhaps he was lying - either way he was punished.
If I were to be dealing with that situation I would first check his playtime. If it were to be low (under 6 hours-ish?) I'd issue a verbal warning. However, this player happened to have 1 day and 3 hours playtime, so I would probably issue him a warning, or request a ban upon him.

I'm a very passive person. Admittedly, I do joke around a lot. I enjoy meeting new people and working as a team and with colleagues. I do not hold any personal grudges against anyone, I do not see myself as bias or corrupt. As stated in my previous application,
With this power, comes great responsibility. As Enforcer, I pledge that I shall not break any rules, or misuse my powers. Instead, I shall make sure these rules are properly enforced in the server. I will work closely with my colleagues at PH in order to combat the rule breaking within the community and server.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK:
Yes.
DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:
Thank you for reading this application. I seriously hope you consider my application for Enforcer. If you have any questions, please contact me via PM, Steam (http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/tomhillm8), or TS3 when I'm online.

Last edited by a moderator:

M

Reaction score
Gonna copy my old post as nothing has really changed.

Do not let Thomas's rambunctious persona fool you: behind it is a very diplomatic, mature and conscientious soul. Thomas has a great knowledge of the rules, frequently reports those who violates them, and has demonstrated extreme insight into various situations that I have been involved in.

Good luck, you deserve this.
+SUPPORT

User0

You were recently rejected about 10 days ago. I think you should wait at least a month before reapplying. Also the recent blacklist doesn't look like you know the rules thoroughly.

Ayjay

Reaction score
The Senior Administration team does not think you are mature enough for this position

It seems @Bolli has been smoking some heavy ganja.

To be honest, I didn't really like you at first and thought that overall your roleplay style and full attitude towards the server was as Bolli said, Immature.

But then I actually took the time to get to know you and understand your roleplay style, enforcing style and overall experience as a player of this server. I feel that you're no doubt one of the best candidates for this position and you've improved rapidly in the last few months. You have a thorough rule and law knowledge and you're often one of the highlights of many peoples roleplay experience on the server. You're active enough in the teamspeak and overall deserve this position. One thing I would reccomend is posting on the forums a little more and also interacting with the current staff team (Administration) so they get to know your character and overall performance.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Listen Thomas your a nice guy but still I don't see that your suitable for the rank of enforcer, unfortunately this leads me to minus supporting your application, a few reasons are stated below.
  • Disregarding 3.15 and not taking laws serious as a police supervisor / Lt which lead to Albin @Alabin to talking to you in church.
  • Also the other day you got blacklisted / Banned at around Wednesday 11th of march - Was inn-active for a week.
  • Blowing people up and killing people without a valid reason @JustFedorable both got blown up by you around 2-3 weeks ago when walking into farm.
Also this kind of puts me off.
http://gyazo.com/5d1f18306bf62fa3b962edb0790c6b8e

MattIs

Personally I would love to work alongside you, I think you're a banterous friendly chap who would fit the role of enforcer well.
However like Shaun said, it's only been a few days since your last app.

What I personally would do mate, is wait a few more weeks then re-apply. Make sure to perfect your app and then it's GG :)

Reaction score
If it was my choice I wouldn't want an enforcer that shoots everybody as swat, personally.

But it's not my choice is it. So you sir are lucky.

Reaction score
Application under consideration,

The staff team would like to observe you before we come to a proper verdict on your application.

Reaction score
+SUPPORT You enforce the rules and you enforce them well. Keep up the good work. You also are a very good roleplayer and I have seen you IC and OOC.

Reaction score
+SUPPORT- Great guy. Has a great friendly attitude that is one of the best attributes for an enforcer/mod. Played with him allot of Perp and seen him tell people off before, Knows his rules and law very well!

Reaction score
Denied

We do not currently feel you are ready for Enforcer, reasons for this includes:

• Lack of activity on the teamspeak and help chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.