Toasters Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Toaster

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:31884971 (76561198024035671)

IN-GAME NAME: Aiden Franklin

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:

During my time in this community, I've met nothing but kind and outgoing players; Everyone has a story to tell and I find that incredibly interesting.

This server is like no other I’ve found during my time on Garry's mod, the fact that you can meet someone in-game and build a relationship with them, eventually becoming allies is awesome!

I’d like to help out and learn wherever I can, becoming a helper would allow me to give a little back to the community in a positive way.

I love to help out and learn new things along the way, knowing that I’ve helped a player out is enough of a reward for me!

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?

I’ve got both experience and plenty of time to spend on the server (often staying on way past midnight), This would allow me to help out players during down-time and even during hours that staff are not normally present.

I keep an active presence on the discord and often help out players in both OOC / help chat and the discord support channels.

I have a good relationship with most of the major players on the server and always strive to help out new players wherever I can, be it transporting them to where they need to go or just giving them some friendly advice where needed!

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:

I have experience in both developing and administrating servers at both low and high levels.

I’ve held roles ranging from Helper all the way to Community Management and Lead Developer positions.

I have experience in both staff and player management, knowing when to “go easy” and when to take things completely seriously.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:

I hope you consider my application, I’d love to help out with such an awesome community!

Reaction score
Hello Toaster,

Firstly, I'd like to point out that the purpose of helper is not to enforce rules but to provide guidance, assistance and advice to players. There are very rare occasions you may need go "Enforce" rules, for example:
Chat Enforcement
Stopping minor rule infringements E.G running across intersection.

You are expected to help out in all forms from providing answers to questions in OOC/Help chat to physically basing with new players and helping them get settled.

To me, this seems like you are trying to go for helper as some sort of stepping stone to enforcer, this is not something that should be done.

Next, I did a quick glance at your record and, for someone who has played since September (Oldest logs I can find of you joining) it was very clear, which is what community management and administration like to see.

I haven't really seen you on all that often but that could be due to time zone differences or the fact I am busy dealing with reports in game quite a bit so can't comment on what I've seen from you in game. From the odd times I have seen you on, I haven't really seen you answering any questions in help chat.

I can't really offer support publicly, however I'd like to see you engage in the community more, both in game and on the forums.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Hello Toaster,

Firstly, I'd like to point out that the purpose of helper is not to enforce rules but to provide guidance, assistance and advice to players. There are very rare occasions you may need go "Enforce" rules, for example:
Chat Enforcement
Stopping minor rule infringements E.G running across intersection.

You are expected to help out in all forms from providing answers to questions in OOC/Help chat to physically basing with new players and helping them get settled.

To me, this seems like you are trying to go for helper as some sort of stepping stone to enforcer, this is not something that should be done.

Next, I did a quick glance at your record and, for someone who has played since September (Oldest logs I can find of you joining) it was very clear, which is what community management and administration like to see.

I haven't really seen you on all that often but that could be due to time zone differences or the fact I am busy dealing with reports in game quite a bit so can't comment on what I've seen from you in game. From the odd times I have seen you on, I haven't really seen you answering any questions in help chat.

I can't really offer support publicly, however I'd like to see you engage in the community more, both in game and on the forums.

Good luck.
Hey Double J, Firstly thanks for the quick reply and I appreciate the feedback :)
The primary reason I'm applying for helper rather than something like enforcer is this specific quote from the thread "Clarifying the purpose of Helper" where it mentions that
Helper can be a good way to see if you would enjoy the role of Enforcer+ however it is not held to nearly the same standard as Enforcer.
I thought helper would be a great way for me to give a little back to a great community and to see whether or not I'd enjoy helping out more seriously on a Serious Roleplay Server, which I've never administrated or helped out on before.

Reaction score
You've been here for more than a year and i think i've seen your name a couple of times in-game yet you only have 11 posts on the forum. I've not really seen you active within the PLPD and you're only just an officer. That's not a requirement of being a good helper, ofcourse, and some just dont like playing cop. But to me it does show a lack of presence in the community and i think you'd need to show a more active presence on the forums, teamspeak before you should be even considered for helper. How can you help players if you lack experience in various subjects?

Reaction score
Although I haven't been too active myself, I haven't seen you online much. I think I've seen you once in the past month, and this could be due to time differences or just bad luck. But I believe that a good activity needs to be shown before even being considered.

I do know from the times I have seen you that you are a pretty nice and chill guy.

Goodluck on your app.

Status
Not open for further replies.