Server Suggestion Verified Advert Tag

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Verified Advert Tag
Suggestion Description: I had this idea after seeing @Skudist using [The Moon] all the time for his adverts.

This idea consist in having a verified tag that can use on adverts and they would work just like organizations:

- You can create a new tag at CH (char limit as the tag would not count to message length)
- You can authorize people to use your tag
- If you are using an official tag, it would not count to the message length and it would have a different color (so people cannot just use your tag, needs to be distinct)

Why should this be added?:
- Realism, people cannot pretend to be a verified source
- QoL
- Entities like The Moon can be more official

What negatives could this have?:
- Coding
- People will have a harder time spreading fake news

Useful Images:

Last edited:
Reaction score
This just seems like a money gate for newer players, it doesn't use much message space to add a few letters at the start and you can split it into multiple advert anyway

Reaction score
  • Staff
This just seems like a money gate for newer players, it doesn't use much message space to add a few letters at the start and you can split it into multiple advert anyway

The goal of this suggestion is not to allow long messages, its just to verify the source, the tag should not be longer than 10 characters for example

This just seems like a money gate for newer players

I dont understand what you mean?

Reaction score
The goal of this suggestion is not to allow long messages, its just to verify the source, the tag should not be longer than 10 characters for example

I dont understand what you mean?
Newer player wants to set up a tag and now has to pay for it?

Reaction score
  • Staff
Newer player wants to set up a tag and now has to pay for it?
The goal is not to be a requirement, the goal is to verify, you will still be able to do adverts as you do now, the difference is that you can buy an official tag and therefore be "verified" because the tag would be of a different color for example

Reaction score
This doesn't allow for a competitive market to exist and for new businesses to grow more easily -support

Reaction score
This doesn't allow for a competitive market to exist and for new businesses to grow more easily -support

Could you ellaborate on this? What do you mean?

An advert tag is meant to cost, at max, the same price as an org, 10,000$, how is that a barrier to competitive market? especially considering what I said above about it not being a requirement to using tags?

If a competitive market for you is using the same tag as someone else than that is already in the cons:

- People will have a harder time spreading fake news