What do you truly regret doing?

Reaction score
i have adhd and Asperger syndrome and i was talking with my parents about medication,so i wanted to ask if u think it helped u more then being worse
There's no medication for Aspergers and dont let any moron with a plastic degree convince you otherwise. As for ADHD Medication, Always ensure that's a last resort if you NEED It. Many people who live with ADHD Live normal, productive lives without the use of medication. I know education sucks with ADHD the most but past that it becomes less of an issue when you can begin studying subjects you enjoy or working jobs that interest you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have adhd and Asperger syndrome and i was talking with my parents about medication,so i wanted to ask if u think it helped u more then being worse
From personal experience with my adhd meds it made me feel more like a robot, I felt like I had no emotions and couldn’t care what happened too me or anyone I knew. Although it helped me in school it just wasn’t for me. U can always try them and see how it is and if it isn’t for u, u can stop taking them

Reaction score
Depends on your goals. The medication was intended for helping me with my concentration. Purely to be able to do my schoolwork, since school has been a drama. It does help me with my concentration, night and day difference. But prolonged use caused my emotional side to fade away. I don’t like actively think anymore (sounds weird). But when I lay in bed my mind is like noisecancellation headphones. Complete silence. Where before it was a rollercoaster of bullshit. I remember making a test before my diagnosis and whilst reading a sentence, I would play actual visual clips of games (from memory) in my mind, at the same time repeating like voice lines from movies and having litteral full songs play in my mind. Ofcourse resulting in me not even comprehending what I was reading. So I basically wasnt even able to read 2 sentences. After medication this was completely gone. I could actually read a whole paragraph and understand what I read.
People will find it really hard to understand how it is like for us, without medication that is. They think it’s sounds nefarious and you should just try to focus. But it’s impossible. Best way I can describe it to someone is taking the drug from the Limitless movie. Suddenly you can ‘focus’ and actually read something and understand. Day n nite difference. If you want to try something. Start with a low dose of ritalin. Preferably first try it within the setting needed. I know that many peeps start out taking it regularly during the day. But this imo is not the correct way, opinions differ on this one tho.
Do note that the negative effects that I experienced could not take affect for you at all.

Talk with your parents and possibly a doctor and see what fits you. My negative effects stem forward mainly from the lack of emotions and unable to take responsibility and see consequences. Resulting in many bad choices in life.

Just wrote this from the top of my mind. PM me if you want after convo with parents and I’ll try to give my thoughts again with examples and the medication I’ve used.

@Sorle has alot of experience too, and is very knowledgeable of these topics. Idk if he’s willing to give his thoughts but I @ him anyways. (So sorry Sorle if you dont want to get involved)
i finnaly meet somebody that i can relate with, i live in romania where mental problems are seen as weird and where is bad to go to an psychologist, my problem is with school but i feel like i would not trade my personality for that (the only thing that makes me special is this), but at the same time i cant concentrate or sleep sometimes (yesterday at night i was thinking about ww2 and what if we had better communication and then thought about a time machine in that era) that happened for like 2 hours witch was very frustraiting

Reaction score
From personal experience with my adhd meds it made me feel more like a robot, I felt like I had no emotions and couldn’t care what happened too me or anyone I knew. Although it helped me in school it just wasn’t for me. U can always try them and see how it is and if it isn’t for u, u can stop taking them
i guilt tripped my parents to talk with someone to get me a prescription but at the same time i am scared is gonna make me lose my personality

Reaction score
Theres no medication for Aspergers and dont let any moron with a plastic degree convince you otherwise. As for ADHD Medication, Always ensure thats a last resort. Most people "Grow out" Of ADHD To an extent after conscious efforts to focus become fine tuned
Grow out sounds misleading here bro, you learn to live with it and adjust accordingly right? You’ll start to notice less because it’s just a way of life.

Honestly before I was diagnosed I legit wouldve never thought I had ADHD. I legit thought everyone elses mind worked the same way. Not untill trying medication and seeing how its ‘supposed’ to work. That I realized what the hell was going on with me.

But what Bnej said I 100% stand by. Please let medication be a last resort. If you function properly in the daily life. Dont even think about it. Peeps like to give medication for the slightest issues sadly.

Reaction score
i guilt tripped my parents to talk with someone to get me a prescription but at the same time i am scared is gonna make me lose my personality
It wont make you ‘lose’ it from an instant. Don’t worry. But try to keep it at a minimum and for not too long usage wise.

Reaction score
Grow out sounds misleading here bro, you learn to live with it and adjust accordingly right? You’ll start to notice less because it’s just a way of life.
This is what I meant, I will edit the post accordingly.

Reaction score
It amazes me how so many active members all have related ‘issues’. Maybe its the reason we all sink so many hours into Paralake.

Reaction score
ngl hearing you describe the ADHD before and after has basically just confirmed that I have it too lmao
Interesting, well I ain’t gonna tell you to get it checked out ofcourse. Especially if you function properly so to say. But maybe letting it checked out could give you some reasoning for how things possible played out so far. Do with this knowledge as you like. If you ever want to talk about it. Feel free to hmu.

Reaction score
IF YOU HAVE REGRETS YOU ARE A WEAK PERSON, GROW UP
I KILL & EAT KIDS FROM THE ORPHANAGE I DONT REGRET A THING
1650216674499-png.13706