What to do

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

I need some advice.

I'm at the last straw with my twin brother. He is regularly breaking the Lockdown rules to go out and see his friends, despite this being illegal at the moment.

My father has heart disease and I myself a weak immune system so we're both very vunerable to the Coronavirus. Myself and my family have tried telling him repeatedly that he can't go out just to meet mates and hang, but he doesn't listen.

I don't know what else to do.

Part of me wants to contact the police and ask them just to speak to him, as maybe it'll hit him harder that way. However, my other brother thinks this is me 'grassing on my own family'.

I wouldn't usually do this, but he's literally being selfish and putting our lives at risk for no real reason what so ever. My mum couldn't see her own mum on mother's Day and she's spending her birthday on Sunday indoors, yet he thinks he can just flout the rules.

What should I do?

Deleted member 1235

It's not my option to do that. He doesn't listen to anything we say.

Reaction score
Well, there is also just locking him out of the whole house or hiding his car keys or something like this.

It’s understandable why you want to call the police and all and I think you should just do it because you’re literally protecting yourself and your family by doing so.

We all have that older brother/sister who tells us not to grass, I’m one of them but I still get grassed on and I’m sure you’ve grassed on any of your brothers, but at this point in life you are doing it for your own life and dads life and not to annoy or take the piss.

I don’t know what he’s doing outside anyways unless he’s dealing, because, Luton as you know.

Reaction score
My sister was doing it, I pretty much called her retarded and told her she’s selfish and she stopped.

Honestly, if they won’t listen to you if you’re saying that then you would need to tell the police. People need to start realising the severity of this instead of being idiots and not listening. The lockdown could be over a lot quicker if people were listening.

Reaction score
It may not be your choice but you need to take a sort of initiative to protect yourself and family. Like I recommended, even stealing his keys to the house or something could stop him.

Deleted member 1235

He doesn't drive but I genuinely think I'll lock the front door. He never brings his key with him because there's usually always someone here

Reaction score
contact a relevant authority and tell them you are worried about your brother and his ignorance towards the virus, they will soon find him and fine him if or when you tell them when and where he's going out, though to be honest im no snitch, however if a vulnerable person is involved then its absolutely necessary

Reaction score
i'd frame him for the same thing i framed tom and roy for, at least then he can't escape

Deleted member 1235

But then they'd want to search everyone's electronics and I don't want my phon- :oops:

Reaction score
If I was in your position under those circumstances, I would probably phone 101 and get some advice from them. You never know, they might send someone over to have a word with him and hopefully that will convince him to stay inside. It sounds like you've given him plenty of opportunities to stop going outside and it sounds like he will continue to do it, so it's definetly not worth the risk to allow him to continue breaking lockdown rules if it could result in someone else's health being negatively impacted. What's more important? Not being called a snitch or preventing multiple people getting a virus that has life-threatening consequences.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5577

Lock the windows and doors and only open them when someone has an actual reason to leave ‍♂️