Wheel clamp auto removal

Reaction score
Description of the idea: When a traffic officer or roadcrew worker puts a clamp on a car, it should automatically be removed from the vehicle after a set amount of time (10 minutes) unless it's being towed by a roadcrew worker. I've seen this happen a few times recently where a car has been left with a clamp on it, and I've actually done it myself by accident a couple of times when I've had to prioritize another call. This means the owner can't drive it unless a roadcrew worker, traffic officer or staff member removes it.

Why should this be added? (pros):
  • Prevents cars from being abandoned with a wheel clamp left on it
  • People will no longer need to make reports for the issue above
  • Traffic officers can prioritize more important calls instead of being called to remove clamps from vehicles
What negatives could this have? (cons): None that I can think of

Reaction score
or make it crowbarable to prevent abuse of such a clamp and stop the forever waiting

some negatives:
- Busy RC will not get his money as he was travelling and the RTU officer put it on /RC very late thus timer ran out.
-When multiple vehicles (3+) have to be towed the 10 min timer is very likely to run out
- situation might not be over yet

Reaction score
or make it crowbarable to prevent abuse of such a clamp and stop the forever waiting

some negatives:
- Busy RC will not get his money as he was travelling and the RTU officer put it on /RC very late thus timer ran out.
-When multiple vehicles (3+) have to be towed the 10 min timer is very likely to run out
- situation might not be over yet
crowbar suggestion would be very useful unless people crowbars the clamp while RC towing the car. it would be a pain in the ass for the RC

Reaction score
it should be pickleable or maybe crowbar able but for a higher level as its technically a high security device

Reaction score
In the perfect world, police officers wouldn't be leaving the scene of an incident until the forfeiture is complete. However, plpd is not able to live up to this in a crime riddled city like on PERP. I'd support it but much rather with a 30-minute timer. Seems like a long time but let's be honest, it aye that bad.

Reaction score
In the perfect world, police officers wouldn't be leaving the scene of an incident until the forfeiture is complete. However, plpd is not able to live up to this in a crime riddled city like on PERP. I'd support it but much rather with a 30-minute timer. Seems like a long time but let's be honest, it aye that bad.
i could go anywhere of the city on foot in 30 mins

Reaction score
Thing is, this isn't meant to be an anti-minge feature, just an anti-time-waste feature if RC can't get to you or you're forgotten. The 30 minutes is basically paying the price of whyever you got clamped.
i'd like the 30 min timer if it also made the locks picklockable
so if rc forget eventually you get released
but you can also break your car out

warning this video has aids 2012's music

Reaction score
I see where you're coming from but for 30 minutes i'd rather reconnect or go play something else

Reaction score