3.4 A Excessive Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:
3.4 (a. Maybe?)
Your version of the rule:
While driving down narrow 2 lane roads on highly populated areas of the map(I.e business) you should not drive in excess of 20 MPH of the posted speed limit, unless doing so increases your chances of survival.
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
As it stands people getting mauled on the crossing walk by a super car is an almost daily occurance. As it stands currently, this could be justified under 3.4 depending on how you interpret the rule, but I think a clear statement of this would be extremely beneficial. Isn’t exactly realistic or in best interest of ones life to fly 100 MPH down a 2 lane road.

Reaction score
It’s already underlined in 3.15 that players should not speed without good reason, so breaking this rule and dying because of it would probably result in a similar punishment to the rule you’re suggesting.

It also goes without saying you should drive in a way that puts your life in great risk unless absolutely necessary for your survival.

Reaction score
Business ST is almost always filled with police cars anyways, if they enter with mach 1, chances are they will tier one their car by rear ending a parked or crashed car on the road.

Dont actively punish them for speeding, passively punish them for speeding by having in-game consequences :) Maybe the RTU devision could also do its job, and, instead of slapping a ticket on for speeding actually make a traffic stop last 4 minutes so there is an incentive to not speed? Litteraly nobody RPs traffic stops anymore and i swear people drove a bit more normal before...

Reaction score
This is a game man. Stop trying to take out the fun and make it as 'realistic' as possible, people are not going to graft for hours on end to be able to afford the fast cars to not be able to go fast.

Reaction score
imagine trying to make 3.4 more strict when its already fucking excessive

Reaction score
this is why paralake and the new version MUST MAKE USE OF TRAFFIC CALMING MEASURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpg

traffic-calming-01.jpg

traffic-calming-measures-on-residential-street-manchester-uk-picture-id1095014604

Reaction score
Make speeding 30 over the limit a felony. So far you can only get a $1500 ticket.

Reaction score
We only have these to make driving slower not for public safety but because the people who designed it want to make driving slower to make us think Britain is bigger than it actually is

Reaction score
I wouldn’t either, i’m just saying if someone desperately wanted to they maybe could.

Reaction score
So you want us staff members to punish blokes who speed, who spent their childhood growing to get their cars to just not speed, what’s the point in giving the super cars that speed and having them?

Like come on, I get rules and everything but this kind of shit shouldn’t be changed or added because this is a game, ‘Serious RP’ sure but people want fun too.

We have police officers who can deal with the speeding in game.

Reaction score
I always pointed this out as staff as it's in 3.15 but tbh I never gave a shit because we all break the rule. Let them speed and die, if something happens it's their fault.

But then again I think having shit slow city cars and everyone owning super cars is a part of the problem. Speeds need to be adjusted and maybe just make traffic offenses more severe if something gets changed.

Deleted member 1235

Just because my mini struggles to climb the subs on ramp doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings :(

Status
Not open for further replies.