4.1 Needs to be more specific

Reaction score
During a run as mayor I had a while ago almost all the civilians were grumbling about the police overstepping their bounds. When I was voted into office I slashed the PD budget to low and told the civilians about what I did to help limit police oppression. The people were happy about this. The police were not.

I used the powers I was given as mayor to implement the will of my voters, I kept taxes at 1% since we had a large budget at the time.

However the police used 4.1 as an excuse, confusing the best interests of the city with their own interests. Saying because of what I have done I was not acting in the city's best interests. This law has too much discretion involved. The police can easily use it to justify any coup against legitimately elected mayors.

After I set a false meeting with the police, to test if they wanted to arrest me, my informant confirmed it. I now knew they were attempting to arrest me. I offered to do a phone meeting with the police. At first they refused and told me to come in person, they were unaware that I knew their intentions. They then offered to talk on the emergency line so they could track my location. Again I refused.

Finally they caved in and I had a great conversation the steelo's character Furio. He was a veteran of the police force and he offered his side and mine to him. It opened up a problem with the law. The problem is that the police have too much power and nobody who is arrested receives any sort of trial.

I think 4.1 needs to change and I think there needs to be a very small court system. Something that maybe only covers 5-10% of arrested people. Something that if their is a single judge on people sometimes might have a chance to get a fair trial. Someone whos goal it is to review the law and make a good decision based on the evidence. A small but fair balancing force to keep the police in check. This would also add some great roleplay scenarios into the server.

I think this change is reasonable, I think it could be easily implemented with little programming work. This would allow the citizens to better trust the justice system.

Reaction score
Hello,
As a semi long running Police supervisor and once Staff Sergeant in the PLPD i know a fair amount about into the Law system, Whilst i understand your frustration defunding the PLPD is most certainly not in the best interests of the city and let me explain why, Defunding the PLPD will only lead to a decline of Moral within the ranks as well as a lack of want to be cop, this in turn will make the PD force slimmer than it already sometimes is which again in turn will lead to a spiral of crime that is not being responded due to limited availability from Leos.
Thus making the city riddled with criminal activity and citizens soon becoming disgruntled with how wild west things have became, to counter things like this happening there is that very law in place to stop said situations in the tracks, Whilst you may not agree with how its set and that you cannot be directly arrested for this crime as the police can only tell u to raise certain budgets and or taxes in accordance with the city's interests, it will in turn become a 6.5 charge should you decide to not adhere to these demands. I have personally had to arrest many mayors that have done a multitude of crimes throughout their time in office which mostly are tax related.

One such instance which the mayor as i can recall actually never got caught as he was pretty well hidden somewhere even after much investigation and search had committed an insane amount of crimes ill list them:
4.4 General misconduct in a public office
6.1 provision of false information
6.3 aiding and abetting
6.7 attempting or planning to commit a crime[drug empire]
8.2 possession of restricted substance with intent to supply[along with his ss and civs held a drug fueled party in subs 4]
9.1 physical assault[battered people who ig he didnt like]
9.4 unlawful detainment [had his ss keep someone hostage]
9.7 sexual offences[did things and ordered ss to do things to hostage]
10.2 failure to report a crime[throughout his time in office]

This was to date the most corrupt mayor i have ever seen in my years of being on this server lmao and he never got caught to my knowledge so hats off to him and id really love to know where they hid. i believe this was last year or it could've been early this year i kind of forgot which year, prob have footage of the manhunt somewhere.

But going back on topic the laws regarding these situations are in place to stop said criminal outbreak from beginning, As for a smaller court type system this is just not viable in perp as its fast paced and there wouldn't always be time for this to happen + would take too much time out of other duties, this is what PD supervisors are for as they cannot be biased they must be just in their decisions, Of course if you ever believe you was falsefully arrested whilst in office you can make an IA.
I hope that i helped shed some light on this topic for you.

TL;DR : The law 4.1 and 4.4 is in place for good reason to stop possible mass crime and corruption in public office, Funny story about a manhunt for very corrupt mayor, brief explanation as to why a court system would not work and will not be implemented as has been suggested and denied prior and thats what PLPD Supervisors are there for.