Allow SWAT to watch the television

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cux

Reaction score
Topic: Allowing SWAT to watch television

Short explanation (in notes):
- Induces roleplay
- Current rules state that additional training (such as RP firearms training) for SWAT is not allowed and that SWAT is required to remain in the PD at all times, so why not allow SWAT to watch television
- Events such as a bank robbery do not always happen, and there is not much (to be specific, nothing - unless standing around or sitting in the truck counts as something) to do as a SWAT in the PD while on stand-by mode, so why not roleplay being on stand-by mode and rest with watching the television?
- Can be used as an incentive to keep SWAT players from going afk (as admins are not always on)

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
-Rules are meant to preserve gameplay and to ensure maximum enjoyment and roleplay for the players, watching television as a SWAT does not bring harm to other players, nor does it cause disruptions in gameplay.
-Although it can be used as another method to make it seem like a player is not AFK (by pretending to watch the TV), this can be kept in check with the other SWAT members checking each other on whether they're afk or not.

CONCLUSION: If there are 2 or more SWAT members on, allow them to watch the television, while requiring them to check each other on whether they're afk or not.

Reaction score
Can't they already watch TV? I've never been cleared up on that.

Reaction score
Swiper The Fox said:
Its placing props in a public setting. Not allowed.
Rule 3.9

Reaction score
Swiper The Fox said:
Of coursE 3.9, but I mean inside the PD they could place one.

Reaction score
The Police department Isn't really 3.9 "Public Area" So you would be able to place TV/Radio when you're working as an officer & Higher grade. The rule might get changed but Ill give it a +Support
I believe since people are not allowed to walk through the gates at the PD and the parking lot including the PD building are not a public area It would count as Government property. When you are working you're a part of the government so you should be able under special conditions. Place TV & Radio where people cannot get disturbed.

Reaction score
Denied - As long as you have permission from the appropriate owner of the PD which is going to be the LT or the Mayor then you can place one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.