Bans becoming more frequent again?

Reaction score
When perp was low pop and "dying" staff got told to warn and give verbals more than banning people, (this is as far as I have been told) Now since the player base has risen, yes their is more people on that could break rules but my point is, am seeing more small bans over warnings? What do you think, do you feel the staff are becoming more strick again?

Reaction score
+SUPPORT

IKR dude look at how fucking excessive this ban is for cheating, like who perms for cheating???

4pSR0So.png

Reaction score
personally, i think this is a stupid ban as it hasn't actually negatively affected anyone?
Rules are in place to ensure people aren't being negatively affected by stupid actions by other people. Running on a monorail, getting run over and disconnecting does not affect anyone?

4355d0a62eba82ec830f6f0d74a2bf43.png

A verbal warning via steam would do in my opinion :/

although i agree rules are rules, you've got to have some sort of leniency towards these sorts of situations.

Reaction score
  • Staff
personally, i think this is a stupid ban as it hasn't actually negatively affected anyone?
Rules are in place to ensure people aren't being negatively affected by stupid actions by other people. Running on a monorail, getting run over and disconnecting does not affect anyone?

Same goes for Jord, and the other one

Reaction score
bans and warnings dont really mean a lot it doesnt stop the majority of people from breaking the rules again when they come back; its just a system to keep the rulebreakers at bay for an x amount of time

Reaction score

although i agree rules are rules, you've got to have some sort of leniency towards these sorts of situations.

Contrary to popular opinion, not affecting others negatively is not an excuse or free pass to break the rules. I think they would've had a lighter punishment if they had not disconnected.

Your proposal of a verbal warning through steam is unrealistic for multiple reasons:

1.- No guarantee that the person will accept your friend request to send him a message, or see the message itself if left on steam profile

2.- No guarantee that the person will acknowledge the STAFF user as a STAFF, they have no power or fancy color on steam

3.- The report queue can fill up pretty fast. If they had to overreach into a player's steam account to talk to them to potentially receive a "Fuck you lol why did you think I disconnected that server's garbage lmao" every time, things would slow down so much.

I would like to see all examples, yes.

Reaction score

https://gyazo.com/b2a7686c5b4e621e708a85affa8a2516
This is his first ever offence on the server, never been warned or banned, yet he gets a 12 hour and probs may not come back

I would love to be able to scribble name of the banner out so it does not look like am calling them out, but its public anyway
this shit is the perfect example of a nazi server. Who the fuck cares about this, honestly? You can minge more on HL2RP and have admins join you in it. Like this is just casual banter, if you ban for shit like this you might aswell grab some steamIDs from the videos and pictures section.
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fcac5c62d3c9ff010fe62e4d9d0c7295d.488x516x1.jpg

by being litteral nannies you're the litteral cause of a dying server. Im not saying perp should become DarkRP but this just seems absurd to me

Reaction score
Contrary to popular opinion, not affecting others negatively is not an excuse or free pass to break the rules.
when i owned servers i couldn't give a single fuck what you did in your base or when you're on a deserted part of the map. Aslong as you don't bother anyone else who cares? rules exist so you dont ruin the experience of others, if you're shooting your friend for no reason and you both get a giggl' out of it who am i/why should a staff member spectate you and give you a ban? If you're going to treat your players like they are in a fucking daycare they will litteraly leave. hl2rp is a perfect example of a nazi mod community nobody wanted to join.

NOOOO FUNNN ALLOWWWEEED

Reaction score
When rules get in the way of people having fun with friends whats the point. The idea of ruleplay over roleplay is lame; if you ban someone instead of warning them and taking the time to educate them you're a lazy staff member and you're increasing the player/staff divide.

TL;DR stop banning notable players for dumb shit.

Reaction score
when i owned servers i couldn't give a single fuck what you did in your base or when you're on a deserted part of the map. Aslong as you don't bother anyone else who cares? rules exist so you dont ruin the experience of others, if you're shooting your friend for no reason and you both get a giggl' out of it who am i/why should a staff member spectate you and give you a ban? If you're going to treat your players like they are in a fucking daycare they will litteraly leave. hl2rp is a perfect example of a nazi mod community nobody wanted to join.

NOOOO FUNNN ALLOWWWEEED

Let me start off by saying that it doesn't matter what you did with your server in regards to PERP's rules. Good for you that your server was different.

A lot of you like to say "what is the problem if it doesn't affect anyone else?" however the concept of affecting others can be tricky. The first problem is that this server is trying to be the best simulation it can be of real life.

This is why you can't jump off a bridge for the lolz even if you're the only one who's going to die, you wouldn't do that in real life and it's going against the very basic principle of realism that almost all the rules of the server are based on.

Again, the concept of bothering others is tricky and relative. What if I somehow hack the server to give myself enough money to buy every single car in-game. Nothing will happen to anyone else's money or properties, only me and would make me happy to have all cars. Does it mean the rule-breaking should be allowed?

Sure, the server should be about fun too, but if your concept of fun goes against the server's most basic principle, I'm sure it's way better to look on other servers who provide more instant gratification and allow you to run on train tracks or something.

Is it the rules' fault or yours for joining a server where there are rules against what you wish to do?

Note the 2 examples you have provided are both from people who disconnected after breaking the rules. You decide to ignore the outcome of the situation could've gone differently if staff could've talked to them in-game.

Last edited:
Reaction score
NO.
I literally do questionable shit every day and if the server was "strict" i'd be long gone.
If you get banned, ur a idiot

Reaction score
this shit is the perfect example of a nazi server. Who the fuck cares about this, honestly? You can minge more on HL2RP and have admins join you in it. Like this is just casual banter, if you ban for shit like this you might aswell grab some steamIDs from the videos and pictures section.
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fcac5c62d3c9ff010fe62e4d9d0c7295d.488x516x1.jpg

by being litteral nannies you're the litteral cause of a dying server. Im not saying perp should become DarkRP but this just seems absurd to me
As a minge on HL2RP myself this is not true. Admins would permaban you if they caught you with a gun, mugging CPs, and trying to be a rebel without forking over cash or being a (paid) admin

ModoSN

Communication Banned
Reaction score
+Support
I got banned for cheating, I think I should of only got a verbal.

Reaction score
people say perp gets boring because you do the same shit over and over again and it just gets boring over time
that's cus theres no other fun and different shit to do as the fucking rules are keeping you from doing them
like tbh what Moron, Mini and Jordan did, what was basically killing themself on the monorail, they were just having fun and it didn't hurt anyone, who cares about the fact that it's 3.4? it shouldn't be cared cus NOBODY GETS HURT. things like SuicideRP can actually be really decent and fun but we can't do it and we don't know why.
on the other hand, serious may be fun but too serious like what's happening right now? nah cus at this point in the worst way i can't even consider it a game anymore

Last edited: