Reaction score
STEAM NAME:
BigBenji
STEAM ID:
STEAM_0:1:172654657
IN-GAME NAME:
Bonnie Player (subject to change)
WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:

This is my first and only attempt so far at writing a staff application, so if I miss important details don’t crucify me. I want to be a helper because I see myself as a suitable candidate for the role, and have been told so by other players.

My passion for helping the community is something that (I hope) is clear and apparent to other players here.

For over a year now I’ve had people suggest I apply for staff. I’ve considered it for a long time, figured I’ll give it a go because I might as well gain more experience and use my skills to help the server, both new and experience.

My goal here is to educate and assist people on this game mode where not a lot of information that people would like to know is all that easy to find and utilise my almost 7 months of game time since 2017 (sad innt) to be actually useful and productive and share experience I’ve gained from these 7 months to players seeking knowledge on the game mode, as well as assistance with other things such as making reports, providing evidence for said reports, etc.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?
As what I’ve been told as an outstanding member of the community, I consider myself to be a quick thinker and a quick fixer. It doesn’t take me long to come up with a solution to problems people are facing.

My warning history isn’t sparkly clean, neither is my ban history par se. You can look those up on scambans except for my last ban, which was initially community wide, which was successfully appealed within half an hour of it happening. The ban was outright removed however, my forum ban appeal is The only real evidence of me being banned that I can present. Further information on the situation can be found on Dom’s thread in news and announcements regarding the incident.

My last warning was a 1.1 warning on March the 9th of this year, for 1.1. My last ban was the above situation.

If you look at my warning and ban history you will note that it is inconsistent, implying negative behaviour from me is a rare occurrence, especially as time roles on.

An issue I find on the server regarding helpers is, there’s been instances in the past where helpers are as active as a nuns sex life. My activity on the server and in the community in general is something I can 100% confirm is higher than some existing helpers activity.

My desire to help this community is seemingly present from what I’ve been told about myself and in line with the ideology of existing staff members.

My activity, experience, and general attitude in my opinion puts me in a position where I can offer this assistance to players requiring it, thus meaning I can, in my opinion, fill this position well.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:
As someone who has held 2 training positions and multiple supervisory positions in the PD for over a year now, I have essentially been a helper, but just for the PD. I Also strongly understand the game mode and many aspects of it, as demonstrated in my suggestions, work as TFU command, and responses to bug reports.

I also helped a few past and present staff members write their applications for said positions.

Relevant experience and notes:
- I went the entirety of 2019 without a warning or ban in game.
- I was one of the first patrol trainers from last years patrol training relaunch (and subsequent death lol) even though I still hold the rank of Patrol trainer, it is sadly a dormant position.
- I have been in TFU as a trainer for well over a year now, I am now the Captain of the Tactical Firearms Unit. This is relevant as I’m often answering questions on teamspeak and the help desk.
- I‘ve worked in IA as an independent investigator for 7 months, and received a commendation when I resigned from that role recently for my work within the division, which can be found on my PLPD.online profile.
- I am in the complaints committee.
- I have gained a reputation for making suggestions which usually gain a fair amount of support at least.
- I have held both a deputy and lead section supervisor role. I still hold the position of lead section supervisor.
- I’ve written what people see as very helpful guides, some recent and helpful.

I’ve recently been assisting @LEWIS 088 host Roleplay events for all the PD to enjoy (albeit some people hated them but WCYD) and enjoy creating fun roleplay for players to partake in.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
Not sure I want to be an enforcer at the moment so I’ll apply for helper and see how that goes.

I’ll admit that there’s times where I might come across as abrasive and might drop a cheeky “lmao” or “nice try” in OOC / LOOC but it’s all in good spirits. :D

Reaction score
  • Staff
I wanna give helper a go because I am not really sure I want to sit and watch peoples demos as an enforcer because they got a lucky headshot through a door LMAO. If I get helper I'll deffo consider the enforcer role at some point in the near future.

Reaction score
Definitely think you would be a great Helper. I would say reasons I think you are a good candidate but it's too effort for how much anyone is gonna give a shit about my opinion <3

+Support

Reaction score
I've known Benji for some time, and over this time he's demonstrated his ability to help and support players, old and new. Benji is one of the candidates that I feel could really make a difference in the community.

Good luck!

Reaction score
When I first saw this, my immediate thought was the behaviour I witnessed from you not too long ago; in which you on a few occasions did quite mingey things that I picked up on, and this conduct isn’t what I’d expect from a staff member. I didn’t doubt your ability to be a Helper but this conduct was a cause of concern.

However, speaking to you today really helped me to realise how much you have changed. Not only is your behaviour in-game significantly better and almost admirable at times, but you’re so willingly helpful and motivated to do good things that it makes me happy to see. Not to mention you’re a really great guy, which I always knew! You’re a magnificent candidate for this role and I think you’d smash it, therefore, if you can promise you won’t go back to the behaviour as described above, you have my absolute support.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yes please.

benji would make a 10/10 addition to the staff team, hopefully a step as helper would help him move to an administrative position

Reaction score
Benji is a solid member of the community, his effort in the PD is very admirable and his in-game persona is solid. Benji conducts himself professionally throughout, be it on the forums, in OOC, in PD, or as a citizen. His qualities are more than fitting for the position of helper.

+Support

Status
Not open for further replies.