Blackdown's Enforcer Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Steam Name: Blackdown

In-Game Name: Ethan Limsley

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51410733

( https://perpheads.com/threads/enforcer-blackdown.1577/ ) My first Enforcer Application

Why do you want to be an Enforcer:

I feel compelled to become an Enforcer because I feel a strong attraction and dedication to Perpheads amongst many other various reasons. I feel that I should become an Enforcer because I have had vast past experience with Perpheads over the past two years. I have extensive and full knowledge of the rules and laws and even have a printed copy of both that I review daily. I feel that handling situations for me that are at an administrative level comes naturally. Being an Enforcer was one of the most interesting and engaging jobs I have ever fulfilled. Returning back to my standing as a normal player, I have noticed from the time I resigned all the way until over a year and a half later that there are still situations that I encounter daily, and often, that are not handled properly by the players at hand. Dealing with these types of situations is difficult because requesting administrative assistance often takes time for the active Moderator, Administrator, Senior Administrator, or Head Administrator that is online to respond because typically, they are dealing with other situations as well as engaging in active role-play. I feel that by becoming an Enforcer again that this problem could be mitigated in many situations, as I often find myself interacting with situations all over the city of Paralake. Such situations include, medical emergencies, fire department emergencies, police emergencies, over-all government emergencies, and just situations amongst these few role-playing opportunities. I feel, personally, that my skills with the english language are of extraordinarily high regard and that I can communicate flawlessly with people in role-play and administrative situations.

Another reason I feel that I should become Enforcer is because of my added sense of maturity and seriousness that I have since gained since my respective, “not-so-great-position-as-a-Moderator.” I feel that with this I have gained the added sense of knowledge that every situation is to be regarded with the up-most seriousness and with extreme professionalism, where as before, I found it acceptable, when it clearly was not, to engage in acts while in administrative situations as a Moderator that did not pertain to the situation I was dealing with at the time and had too much fun with the position rather than doing my job, 100% of the time. I feel that I have matured since, in many different areas, some being; over-all maturity, seriousness, role-play behaviour, and general knowledge for the rules, laws, and punishments that are reasonable for actions committed that fail to comply with the rules. With this stated, I feel that I can highly regard myself as a professional staff member that can and will greatly benefit the Perpheads community.

My time being a normal player I have handled many different situations that typically would have been managed by someone of the Enforcer rank in dealing with players who do not adhere to the rules and personally informing them not to do such an action again. If the action the user had inflicted perpetrated a rule that was of a punishable offense such as RDM, 3.4, 3.12, 4.1 or other severe rules, I would and have done, numerous times, inform a staff member through the functionality of /report and continued with the current situation at hand until a staff member arrived to deal with the situation appropriately.

I find that my role-play has vastly increased in the time since I have fully rejoined the community. I feel that being an Enforcer I can provide a well placed role model that will have players becoming more involved in more serious role-play situations and introduce users that are not as experienced with role-play as in depth as Pulsar Effect Role-Play and give them knowledge on different experiences that they can encounter, how to deal with them and how to engage in role-play situations that resemble more of the seriousness that we find here at Perpheads.

While playing on Perpheads I will typically role-play as a medic. I have a lot of experience here and find that I benefit the Government team very well. I was recognized by the mayor as the, “Best medic in the city.” And was rewarded by him. I feel that when I am a medic I am involved in almost all of the server’s activities because I am constantly responding to emergency situations which applies to everyone in the city. I feel that this gives me insight to many different situations that can, and sometimes do, directly relate to administrative situations. I find that this direct correlation between the two shows a lot of skill, experience, and potential in being an Enforcer.

Besides preforming very well on the server, I am also extremely active on the forums that I often find myself running out of threads to review and leave my feedback on the situation that is being reviewed. During my past time as a Moderator I handled numerous Ban Requests and Ban Appeals with extreme professionalism. One example of this was when an Enforcer requested for a user to be banned through a ban request ( now known as an action request ) and provided reasoning and information for an administrator that was to respond to utilize. I responded when I saw this and requested that he send me evidence, in this case, a demo. I received the demo and reviewed the situation at hand properly until I determined what I felt was the proper punishment. I performed in this situation professionally and in my opinion very well. I presently respond to every ban appeal and action request I can with my own educated opinion and verdict as to contribute to the final decision that is to be made by the administrator.

https://perpheads.com/threads/enforcer-nuka-requesting-immediate-ban.2000/#post-19664

Are you active on the Team Speak:

Yes. Any time I am on the server I am on the Teamspeak in communication with others. If I am not on the server, I typically will be on the Teamspeak as long as I am on my computer.

Do you have anything else to say:

It’s been almost two whole years since I made my very first official Enforcer application. I was accepted as soon as I hit one weeks play time. I was an Enforcer for about a week. I made a Moderator application and was accepted along with various others such as @LEWIS 088 . Lewis was very influential to my career here at Perpheads, he gave me many mature aspects that I value very highly even to this day. Lewis was a fantastic Enforcer and Moderator and I feel that the seriousness that comes along with his administrative work is very superb and I find myself following after his, "style." I was a Moderator until late August of that year. During my time as a Moderator; I struggled. Very much. I lacked the ability to seriously deal with Admin Situations every time I encountered them. Rather than managing them all professionally every time, I failed on occasion because I was not acting professionally. I got dragged down very much by school because I was in Year 8 at the time and I didn’t have much time to play on Perp and when I did, I wanted to have fun. It’s been two years, I’m in Year 10, and I strongly, strongly feel that my attitude in all applicable fields has improved dramatically. Where I preformed poorly as a Moderator, I preformed flawlessly as an Enforcer and Helper, part of the reason I even got Moderator in the first place was because of this perfect performance as an Enforcer. My last Enforcer application that I submitted was over a year and four months ago.

I feel that I should be given another chance as an Enforcer. Recently I have become much more active in the Perpheads Community, coming on every day I can, which surprisingly is almost every single day. I feel that I wasn’t a bad Enforcer nor a bad Helper, in fact, I personally believe that I was one of the most engaged Enforcers that was very involved in many different role-play situations, and was exceptional at handling admin situations and was very professional in every single situation I ever encountered. I feel that with that past experience, and with my gained knowledge, I could greatly benefit the Administration team, once more. I have, for the past two weeks (it’s February 29th, 2016, right now.) been reading the rules at least once to twice a day, making notes for myself based on them and based off of role-play experiences that I have encountered.

Being an Enforcer is something that you do not benefit from in currency. But it’s still a job, and it’s a job I love. I believe that after over a year and after much consideration that I can finally preform my past duties as an Enforcer, once more. I am making this application as a second chance because I know that I preformed well before as an Enforcer, and I know that all of you know that, regardless of the fact that it was only in a weeks time, I still preformed Enforcer duties as a Helper which I was ranked for the three to four weeks before my Enforcer application was accepted, I preformed exceptionally well and only declined in my performance when I engaged in Moderator responsibilities which I can admit myself and very highly agree with, I was much to young to be embracing and much to immature to handle the required duties. I feel that now, I probably could handle even the responsibilities as a Moderator but I am positive with myself that is not a current goal in my mind. I feel that I can now preform very highly as just a normal player dealing with situations involving rule-breakers and very highly want to go back to being a major part of enforcing role-play situations that I encounter as an Enforcer. I also fully understand the responsibilities of an Enforcer; to enforce situations that are encountered while going about normal daily activities while role-playing, and to enforce rules among all situations.

I’d like to add my final notes. Presently I have two bans, and two warnings. My two bans were both over two years ago. My two warnings, I believe were at the same time, over two years ago, as I have no access to that information I cannot check, but if I am mistaken, I’d appreciate the correct information. In the past when I resigned the situation was extremely tainted and the wrong information was released. Everyone believed that I received a ban and was demoted. However, that information is false. I resigned / demoted due to constant inactivity that was supposed to be fixed, but never was. The controversy at hand was that I had recently dealt with an administrative situation with a specific user that was notorious for being banned, warned, and just constantly breaking many rules. The issue was that it was a late night on the server, very few people were on, it was me, him, his friend, and one or two of my friends. It was a friendly environment that included playing a few games with each other, and the server was not in a state of role-play at the time. Myself, being the only administrator online, I was the one who set that environment. What happened was that another player had joined the server, and intended on role-playing, so I immediately along with my two friends ceased my current actions and returned to properly role-playing. What the person who ended up being banned didn’t fully grasp (understandably) was that we were returning to normal role-play. In the administrative situation where he had broke various rules, I preformed poorly, as if I was the one breaking the rules. To myself now, looking back on the situation, I feel that I should have been relieved of my duties as a Moderator for those actions, and I believe that those actions later played into the loss of my rank which was half demotion half resignation. I feel terribly about these past actions as I feel strongly that they justified who I was as a person, role-player, and administrative member. I feel that my past time as a Moderator that, keep in mind, only on occasion functioned poorly, should be disregarded as a true, and honest mistake. I was much younger and didn’t have the level of maturity and seriousness as I do now. My words to sum this part of my career up are to not let one story about myself become the only story that depicts the type of person that I am. I truly am a person that handles situations exceptionally well and is a very well minded and high performance staff member that has spent much time on Perpheads involved in situations where I preformed absolutely flawlessly.

• Your time played on the server must be at least one week.

• [Three Weeks - 670 hours]

• No recent in-game bans and warnings on record.

• [Last ban was over two years ago, I only have two total]

• You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them.

• [Absolutely; I have a printed copy of both the Laws and Rules in my immediate possession that I study and take notes on daily to ensure that no mistakes are ever made.]

• You must have access to and use a microphone.

• [Yes, I own a microphone]

• You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server

• [I am on the Teamspeak and speak as often as I can when I play on Perpheads and when I am not on the server]

*I have 49 bans that I have imposed.

*You can contact me via

*Steam: Blackdown

I would love to hear everyone’s criticism on my application and myself personally. I appreciate positive support, neutral support, and even negative support. I honestly would love to hear everything that everyone believes I can improve on in any aspect. It helps myself greatly as I can then improve where needed and become more of a person that people would appreciate as an administrative member of the Perpheads community, once more :).

I feel so pleased to be active in the community of the Perpheads once more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Full support, you were a good (if a little abusive but hey who wasn't? we all make mistakes) staff member previously and your server activity at the moment is great.

Plus your snapchat stories give me hope that American PERP players can go outside after all.

Kay

Reaction score
+Support

I have seen Blackdown a lot obeying and enforcing the rules.
His role-play is great as of his helping ability
Good Luck
Kind Regards
Caine

Deleted member 4084

• [Absolutely; I have a printed copy of both the Laws and Rules in my immediate possession that I study and take notes on daily to ensure that no mistakes are ever made.]
Jesus. I thought I had no life...

Anyways
I've not met you in-game but you seem to be a nice guy from what I've heard.
And if what you did is really true (printed rules and laws out to study) then you are quite dedicated.

Going to stay Neutral

Reaction score
Ah what can I say?

I'm really unsure as to what to say regarding your application Jack.
The last time I played with you in game was back when we were both Moderators back in the day.

I've heard a lot of rumors about how you handled being a Moderator back in the day, some good reviews and some terrible ones.
I never really watched you as a staff member after you got promoted as I didn't see it needed.

I feel you were however a brilliant Enforcer and I enjoyed helping you out in your early days.

Now I'm currently on an inactivity leave for work so have not been on the server much in the past two weeks so can't really give an active description of how you act now.

You do seemed to have matured a lot in the past year and a half.

I'm going to base my support on my past experience with you as an Enforcer thus giving you a + support.

58b94debea.jpg

Reaction score
I support this application.

Blackdown has left us for quite a while back in 2014 or 2015, am I right there or no?

I have heard you are an amazing roleplayer and what not, and last time I spoke to you in-game and seemed like a really great guy, you do AR's showing you're a great rule breaker enforcer and you have been an admin back then which even though rules haven't changed much, you still know a lot.

Great application details, information and the basic stuff.

Reaction score
+support
Blackdown is one of the players on the server I would call dedicated. He has a great rule knowledge and displayed it in several situations. His roleplay as paramedic, which he roleplays most of the time, is more than superb. He is a friendly and mature player, but can be strict at times aswell, when it is needed.

MattIs

You have my support - There's been no reports about yourself and you always act mature when roleplaying and OOC. You're very friendly and respond to questions in the Help chat and in OOC.

Good luck Blackdown!

Reaction score
I remember you slightly from back when you used be a staff member, and i recall you as a good one. From what i've seen since you have come back, i think you could make an awesome staff member again. You've done it once, so i'm sure you can do it again.

You have good rule knowledge and law knowledge.

+Support

Reaction score
Having on multiple occassions roleplayed with you while you were a government employee, I do indeed think you are a good candidate for the position
You are well-versed in the rules and your roleplaying is exceptional
+support

Status
Not open for further replies.