Can a staff member explain "Racist-roleplay" to me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this permitted here? Need to find an answer to this half quick to be fair.

Attachments

• 4000_screenshots_20210208232754_1.jpg
    4000_screenshots_20210208232754_1.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 79
Reaction score
Racism is permitted in character. However, if the person doing it is constantly being racist to a point where it is starting to negatively impact RP or upset people then the person should stop.

Reaction score
Genuinely, think there should be some discussions about this. I don't understand how it can be allowed to say such things, a guy was banned for saying the discriminative word out loud but people are allowed to make adverts about racist comments? I mean, I think there should be a line that all racism shouldn't be allowed on an online community. It's allowing people to come online and be racist and it will actually upset other people of the community, clearly it has some affection to some people on the server, whether it's towards them or not. As someone who has friends as such, I don't see how it can be acceptable for this to be allowed at all - if my friend(s) came on here and discussed such things I don't think they'd be very comfortable and then they wouldn't want to play on the server?

I think if roleplaying as a racist was not allowed it would not entirely affect any of the population of the server and genuinely if you are wanting to play on the server just to be racist then that should be removed. I reckon this would affect players on the server, if you join the server and was being called names about their colour or race then you would just leave the server correct? So why make it acceptable?

Overall, there clearly should be discussions about this. If you can be a racist does that mean people can come on the server and support Nazism?

Reaction score
I find myself accepting racist discriminatory remarks against myself by different people almost daily since I have to embrace them. I have no alternative to embracing it and that's outright unfair. This is why I named myself Zack Robberts and Edwin Dayne for years, to avoid it. Allowing the things being said by others even when it's not against me is wrong.

Reaction score
Take note of the fact that this particular instance is done through /advert, which should be considered as advertisements in a newspaper, on TV or on the radio, which means they also have to be realistic in that sense. No newspaper or TV/Radio channel would ever release an advertisement like that, or anything else of a racist nature.

Reaction score
An advert like that isn't allowed initially, it's very unrealistic but to answer the question itself then yeah it's fine as long as it is not done excessively which can heavily depend on the situation

Reaction score
"Why should we enforce bans on people who use racism in game?" is basically what you've just said. Just because a racist remark is used under the guise of a "roleplay" situation, it doesn't automatically make it sound.

Reaction score
Fcourse not and it will be judged on an independent base if it is clearly a role-play answer or if it is a more deeper answer such as to the actual person and not the roleplay character.
It would be the same it you create a hill billy character, ur language would change under the motto of roleplay, you try to become a hillbilly and will use vulgar language. We allow it limited as to allow players to express their opinion as a character but if it clearly gets taken ooc against the person action is taken

Status
Not open for further replies.