Change 'Demo Required'

M

Reaction score
Topic:

Change 'Demo Required' in the Action Request template to 'Evidence Required'

Short explanation:
Demos are now far more limited than they used to be (at the time of demos becoming a requirement), ever since player names stopped showing up.

Nowadays, it is far more suitable to post an uncut or not heavily edited video (cough @-=Bilbo Swaggins=-) which shows everything that it needs to show; demos are still useful, but shouldn't be a requirement.

To put into perspective, in a sample (the first page of the AR archive at the time of writing), the following ARs were resolved without the need for a demo:
That's 13/20 - 65%, where a significant number of the remaining 35% contained a demo as well as other evidence that summarizes the relevant content of the demo too.

So, it's hardly a requirement if 65% can get away without one. The more appropriate 'requirement' would be to state that evidence is required to substantiate allegations made in an AR, and allow staff members to request demos and further evidence if needed.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
See above.

Optional additions:
None.

Reaction score
I do agree with this, but it is more likely for staff to request a demo either way.

+Support I guess...

Reaction score
Yeah, we defineatly need this changed so i can continue posting my very poorly edited videos instead of having to go through the struggle of recording the demo xd

No, in all seriousness, this is something that i have been thinking about for a long time. Every time i make an AR i simply don't post the demo, because there is no need for one, when a video can fully explain the situation. Also, demo's are a pain in the arse for staff, videos are way better.

Reaction score
I think you can show an uncut video and a demo. If something happens before the video that is significant to the action request, that part will be cut out and the other person may be falsely accused if he doesn't show his side of the story.

Reaction score
This should be changed, to be honest it doesn't really matter as you can just change it to evidence once you have copied and pasted it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind just changing one word.
Also I see you used my pathetic ar on lelios in there :p

Reaction score
I think you can show an uncut video and a demo. If something happens before the video that is significant to the action request, that part will be cut out and the other person may be falsely accused if he doesn't show his side of the story.

In that case the person that is at the other end of the situation could flag this up to a staff members, and said staff member can still request the demo.

This wouldn't happen in 90% of cases, though.

Reaction score
Ideally this should be in rule discussion section as this section is primarily for features in the server.