Code Monkey Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Code Monkey

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:183447894

IN-GAME NAME: Brandy Martello

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:
I would like to become a helper to prove myself that some of my behavior has changed since when I first joined this community. Since it is no longer required to be a helper before you become enforcer, this will give the community a chance to see my helping out.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU? I have been helping out in /help chat and /ooc over the past couple weeks a lot more frequently. I have also received a recommendation from a staff member for helping 4 sweaters start out. Since then, they have bought VIP and started joining every day playing 8 hours+ a day. I have also helped @TinySlayer out writing a guide for new players and plan on writing a few more.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?: I was a helper on Monolith, worked myself up from a trial moderator, to a moderator, and then to an Administrator. I also have administration experience on several other PERP servers. I have been in the PERP community since 2008 playing on the original Pulsar Effect RP servers.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?: Thanks for reading my application and I appreciate you all considering me for helper. I have tried to prove myself and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to prove to you all how efficient I could be as a staff member. I have worked on my behavior and rule knowledge and would love to prove it to you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
+support, recently code has been helping literally anybody that asks for help. he's took in sweaters and taught them how to grow, build defences and the basics of perp. active in help chat and in game. best of luck

Reaction score
Honestly just an amazing person all-around. He has within the last week demonstrated the drive he has to get helper by bringing sweaters into our base and teaching them. He's also a 47 y/o adult and can therefore conduct himself in a mature manner.

Reaction score
I don't how many times I have to give you the same speech over and over... No one will fucking care that you're 47 just fucking own it.

No one believes you for a second when you say you're 24 so you may as well just be honest.

Reaction score
My input may be useless since I've only played on the server for about 40 minutes before crashing because of the police car computer, but forum wise I've always seen him conduct himself in a somewhat professional manner. Giving this man helper may actually help the 50 year old provide for his children for once in his life. Good luck with the application.

Reaction score
I actually had a conversation with Martha (his beloved) this morning. We were on the phone for about 7 minutes and she told me that he hasn’t hit her in over a week which marks the first time in 25 years of marriage that he went a week or more without hitting her.

Reaction score
Code Monkey is a great guy, he’s dedicated to the server, and actually cares. He’s American, so he can be around during later times when a lot of European staff aren’t around, and that alone I think could potentially help attract newer players (Multiple American Staff Members). He understands the rules, and can take a joke. One of the best candidates I can think of.

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. It feels great that someone who disliked me prior has seen me change as a person.

Reaction score
Code is a big teddy bear and a all around fun guy to be around, i can see him doing very good being part of the staff team.

His rule knowledge is very exquisite and knows when not to cross the line.

Whenever im unsure about a rule i would always go to code monkey and ask for his intellectual opinion and guidance on what is allowed and what isn't.

+Support

paypal:
[email protected]

Reaction score
-Support cant see this not having more drawbacks than benefits. Just a few days ago you killed me in front of the car dealership because your car repair took a minute more than the shortest time possible.
2.5 excessive negativity
3.4 Putting your Life at Risk
3.21 Non-Player Characters (NPCs)
2.1 Play Realistically
Someone with patience and roleplay ability as good as that doesn't seem like a good candidate for staff at least for me.
Of course, one situation doesn't necessarily completely define a person but generally, I have seen him being very disrespectful or unfriendly to people who are not his friends. Acting nice or normal to a limited amount of people while remaining uncivil to anyone else doesn't mean your general behaviour is good.
Also, while code monkey is someone who is an experienced player he is still receiving warnings/bans for basic rules like blatant RDM and even trying to mislead staff members about a situation. As a staff member information you give out is usually taken as true which can be easily misused if someone wants to do so. Of course big lies are easy to catch but subtle stuff can still be impactful. Also, according to the AR bobo made on censored he wall banged bazaar for thinking he was being raided and in doing so killed innocent players while injuring others, he didn't mean to do so and it mostly is an accident but still very inconsiderate to people involved. I'm not saying players can't improve their behavior and rule knowledge but seeing as what happened a few days ago this definitely isn't the case currently.
I'm very glad code monkey helped out those players and that he helped Tiny write the guide but it seems too forced to me. There are members who help out new players without counting how many players they helped exactly so they can make a post about it to get a higher rank (and without suggesting they are the only reason those players kept playing on the server). It makes you wonder if he will continue to help out after he no longer has any benefit from it.
I don't hate code monkey and I hope he continues helping out and improving his behavior but he can absolutely continue to do so without being a staff member if he honestly wants to do so and is not trying to mislead others into believing he is something that he is not.
zFi06Zv.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
+support Code's very friendly IC and OOC. I always see him helping in OOC and help chat and for the short time we based together I saw him help a lot of new players get good.

Status
Not open for further replies.