Code Monkey's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Code Monkey

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:183447894

HELPER APPLICATION LINK?: https://perpheads.com/threads/code-monkey-helper-application.41860/

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A HELPER?: 10 days, will be 2.5 weeks after admin meeting.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?: I would like to become an enforcer because I would love to assist with reports and making everyone's roleplay experience better. I am on at times when most staff members are not so that would be an extreme plus. As a helper, I am limited on what I can do and becoming enforcer would allow my potential to be obvious. I would like to help build up my trust level as a staff member so that I can potentially help Fredy with development/system administration. I have been in the community since 2016 and have gained many friends. Although I do not have the cleanest record, I feel reformed based upon the fact that I have got my behavior in check and am extremely careful about not breaking rules. I personally believe that my rule knowledge would allow me to help better the community as an enforcer.

I have a ton of experience with leadership both in Garrysmod and in real life. At my current job, I manage a team of 5 people under me and also run my own company with a few part time employees. I have been a helper, moderator, and then administrator on Monolith and helped run several teams. I was apart of the recruitment team which interviewed potential candidates for staff and helper. I feel I have extremely matured over the past couple years and my ability to not get angry in tough situations will help me be a great enforcer. I feel like I can deescalate issues by talking things through calmly and taking control of the situation. I feel it is important to ensure during sits that both parties are respectful to each other, and the staff member involved. I have continued to maintain extreme activity over the past 6 months both on the server, forums, and teamspeak. I plan on being as involved as possible while continuing to help new players.

I fit all the requirements that are needed to become enforcer:
  • You must have been a Helper for at least 1 week from your application being accepted.
  • You must have maintained a recent active presence on the server, forums & Teamspeak.
  • You must have engaged with multiple administrative situations in your time as a Helper.
I feel like I have gone above and beyond the requirements to be enforcer and feel that I am ready to prove to everybody how great of a staff member I can be.

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT WHILST BEING A HELPER? I have learned a ton during my time as helper. I have spectated several administration sits and gave my input when asked. I have learned things not to do during sits and things you should be doing. I find it important to assert your dominance as a staff member while also being respectful and listening to both sides. I find it important that both parties know you have the final say. If I am unsure of anything, I would not hesitate to get a second opinion from another staff member before making any rash decisions. I have helped Tinyslayer write a guide for new players and will continue to help out as needed. I also have taken several sweaters under my wing by distributing my wealth to them and making it easier for them to get a start. I have had a couple recommendations for my efforts towards helping new players. I continuously allow new players to add me on steam and ask me any question they may have.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?: I have also helped with development and testing before becoming helper and this shows my initiative to help make perpheads a better place. I ask that you all give me a chance to prove to you how great of a staff member I could be. I thank you all for reading my application and ask for your support :) If you have any constructive feedback on anything I have done wrong or can improve on, feel free to PM me or Steam message me on how I can better myself! I promise to you all to be a great resource and friend, and continue to help others even if I move on from helper to enforcer. Have a great day!

Reaction score
Would honestly be extremely rude to not give it to him, he's going through a mid-life crisis at 47 y/o and perp is the only thing keeping him sane.

Code monkey has proven himself enough in the time he's been helper and demonstrated several qualities that I think are fitting of an exemplary staff member. If there is anyone who deserves to become an Enforcer, it's this grandpa.

Reaction score
+ Support.

Code monkey is a top lad who will make a great enforcer. Code monkey is reformed, and is overall a very welcome and productive member of the community.

Deleted member 7804

+support, id love to see the father figure of this community finally get the power he deserves, massive support.

Sam

Reaction score

We have had our differences, but you are an OK guy! Especially concerning you are an American :rolleyes:

and seeing as we both are targets of Hayden Carter (just wait for him to start giving you stock exchange tips) I must +support this application.

I’ve seen in “action” as a helper in /help and in staff chat and I must say, you know the rules pretty good and you even know all the unwritten rules we have. And I like it, that you are not afraid of putting your foot down when needed, as you did when you thought another staff member was in the wrong in regards to a punishment. We don’t need a bunch of staff members that only say “yes”.

Even if they deny this, don’t stop applying! And don’t forget to ask them for constructive feedback!

Reaction score
I have never seen code monkey on the sever, who is he?

All seriousness, I am surprised he has not already got enforcer. I feel he'd make a wonderful enforcer. He's been helpful in OOC and TeamSpeak. He's been authoritative when it comes to toxicity in OOC And general rule breaks.

One improvement I feel you should work on is being active on the support section of the forums. This is the only improvement I have for you!

Good Luck!

Deleted member 5920

Lovely guy, really can't think of anyone who would fit in with the staff team more. Brings a level of maturity to the team that it may have lacked in the past.

+Support

Status
Not open for further replies.