[CORONA VIRUS] what do u think?

Reaction score
Media panic is off the roof, but rightfully so because Iran has no clue how to deal with it and we should be glad that we have decent people in other countries doing their best to contain it (Mike Pence please don't fuck up). We don't know how much the CPC has been hiding from us or what is actually true, they love censorship.

Our nursing school hasn't seen much changes, we all are concerned as much as you are especially in geriatrics. We deal with old people and once a employee gets infected and if one client contracts the virus then you can kiss good bye to his/her life.

Only thing I'm worried about as of right now that the virus could mutate any time. It could mutate and nothing could change, it could mutate and kill millions like the Spanish flu in 1920 which was caused by a mutation. Admittedly, they had worse conditions back then but the damage would still be fatal today.

I can clearly see the effect of the panic by the masses. Retails are sold out, the Netto near me has no bread or canned food left over but another Netto about another KM away was unaffected by people "hamstering" supplies. Mass gathering and events might be cancelled so I wouldn't look forward to any of those this year.

All I can advice people to do is to regularly wash your hands (more than you do) with lukewarm water, enough soap for at least 30-60 seconds and use Virugard disinfectant. Other disinfectant also do the job but Virugard just does a much better job.

And please don't use paper masks, you'd need proper ABC full-face cover masks to even not get fucked by the virus (you can also get infected through the eyes). Leave it for the people that are actually sick to prevent it from spreading further.

Reaction score
This is a response to @Pear regarding the world economy in this whole situation, I feel pretty educated on this topic thus I will make a "statement" regarding it.

4: World trade will suffer, I'm not an economist but sufficed to say this is not good for world trade so due to scarcity prices will most likely go up.

You're right regarding this, world trade and your economy in general will be affected by this, you can already notice this on gas prices going up and supermarkets being sold out, now this might be something you see as a bad thing, which is right in some sense;

Gas prices going up is a bad thing as it simply just costs more, this means that they will find a steady price and the prices after this whole "fear" over the virus will be higher from what they've been beforehand.

Supermarkets being sold out is bad seen as something bad as you as a person will be not be able to purchase what you want, however this is something that they feed from, you emptying their stock is something good as it will keep the production going at factories, simple maths; You purchasing more stuff > Higher production. Aslong as you keep purchasing goods they will stay open which means you're holding off a system collapse. (Don't fear a system collapse though, we're not even close to it)

In general world trade will be affected by and has already been, prices have been going up and large corporates have already stocked up for the virus. This includes literally everything but the weapon industry. For example oil companies have been running larger campaigns on some of their products.

We can also notice this on the stock market which took a huge hit on 26th of February however has already recovered some (something that is very usual in situations such as these, drops like this will happen again) You can use Tesla as a perfect example for this as they went down ~17% from the 26th even though the stocks were expected to drop for other reasons (not worthy listing) the main reason for this "massive" drop was simply because of COVID-19.

If you have stocks in companies and you're afraid over these drops, the best thing you can do is just to sit on it, do not sell at situations like these, it's the most idiotic things you can do and a lot of people "stress sell" because they see the value going down and they think that they're going to lose your money, just sit on it and wait this time out, the stock market will recover, however if you haven't invested in any companies as of yet and you're looking into doing so this is one of the best times to invest, just don't invest in random shit, know what the company does, look for any new investments in the company being made and such.

Deleted member 1235

Didn't the price of oil go down from $70 per barrel to like $50 recently because of the virus?