Criminal vs PD - the number breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@Saint Wylde I get you're meming and all, but obviously only a selection of guns would be permitted. For example, maybe an officer doesn't want to use a beretta, and is happy to shell out the cash to use their own USP or something, idk. If you made guns cheaper for crims then it only seems fair to allow police, especially regular police, an option to use their own weapons, or failing that, purchase weapons from the police armory for discounted prices.

Reaction score
see not me because im retarded so i will rush into no mans land during palestine's liberation with an as50 and just hope for the best

rat

Reaction score
I mean yes and also no

Mathematically speaking your analysis is sound, but your logical approach to how to analyse the problem is flawed. Granted, 6 officer deaths may equate to one civilian death in typical circumstances, but this number is irrelevant unless you use it in conjunction with the other relevant statistics.

For instance, it's important to consider the ratio of officer to civilian deaths, and when civilian deaths do occur, the ratio of confiscated guns to guns picked up and returned to the owner. With the ratio of officer deaths : gun confiscations, you could make a way more accurate ratio of cop time wasted to civilian time wasted per shootout, which would be way a way more relevant and accurate statistic to discuss.

Another issue with this is a lot of the guns you take averages from (the "middle class of guns, so to speak,) are rarely used. Stuff like the benelli, mossberg and most SMGs don't see much use. It's usually only rifles and pistols (with the occasional sniper and shotgun.) I'll be using the HK45CT as an example because it's commonly used. Using your calculations, a civilian dying with this would waste about 12.6 minutes, compared to the officers 5 minute death time.

Honestly I'd just use a range of values instead of an average of all of them because of the large range of values.

You've also failed to take into account that if all the cops die they lose out on confiscation money, something that may be significant here, even using your model. Cops get about $500 for each confiscation, so if they die and miss out on one that's 0.7 minutes per rifle per officer, again using your baseline for money earned per hour (keep in mind for an officer main this baseline would be lower as they typically earn less than growing drugs, so relatively speaking this number would be higher.)

And of course, it's not nice to lose. Regardless of how much you lose or how much you don't lose, both sides want to win and there's a side to this argument that can't be quantified by statistics.

Reaction score
To begin, I did mention that a lot of lower and middle tier weapons are widely disregarded. Either way, there's no completely sound method of obtaining a good value for the average without a massive amount of effort which I just can't be arsed to put in

The model used for my method is money earned and then lost, not potential income lost out on, because at that point you lose no time due to the idea that you don't go into a shootout with the sole intention of making money; the measurement of gun confiscations, while playing a role in value added, can't really play a role in time wasted upon them not occurring as the time was never designated in the first place solely to confiscating the weapons. However, the argument of value added only boosts my point; there is 0 value added when criminals shoot cops other than escaping. There is no direct monetary gain.

The whole losing aspect is true, however it's simply something I avoided as it's a subjective thing and, as you said, it can't be quantified

Last edited:

rat

Reaction score
Honestly the issue is the model is too simple when you consider the amount of variables that occur even if you take a simple shootout scenario

Reaction score
dude im too lazy to make it any bigger this is already too much

rat

Reaction score
Well it is my professional opinion that we cannot draw a solid conclusion of the issues you wish to discuss from the statistics you have presented

good day sir

Reaction score
d23d906989.png

my IQ after reading: 104
weapons confiscated: $50,000,000,000
time lost: 5 minutes

yep, it's internet policeman time

Reaction score
the more i look into this image the more IQ i gain

Reaction score
Why not make it so police officers have to spend their own money buying weapons and armor since they already get paid enough.

Monolith for example, they have cops get paid decent enough to be able to buy pistol and armor but free ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.