Criminal vs PD - the number breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
cops are mostly newbies, get paid practically nothing (new players) and are a lawful job. don’t want to ‘waste time’? make a fishmongers or a tesco express that is actually a fishmongers or a tesco express. invite customers in, entice them with your produce then inflate the fuck out of it

Reaction score
Put new officers at a heavy disadvantage amd rewards police who grow drugs to earn easy money, no?

Reaction score
obviously this is only the baseline change, adjustments to police income would need to be made to accompany it

either way if gun prices were cut this would be even less of a concern, so I don't see your point really

Reaction score
you'll end up wasting even more time as there's no way you can make it as profitable as drugs + people shouldn't be forced into this considering the gamemode revolves around criminal activity

Reaction score
Big ups for actually looking into this btw.

Honestly, as I cop I know I play a lot more recklessly and am not too pissed about dying, I don't lose anything. The thing is, it makes the game a lot more enjoyable when you're scared to die, you care about your character. The most logical solution I can see for this is just increasing the death timer of cops. Maybe make it 10 minutes from death to respawn, plus the 5 minutes of NLR. If I had to effectively wait 15 minutes between each death, it would not only decrease the "zerg" but it would make cops more scared to die. It's much less of a game play impact than decreasing gun prices and shit.

I think it would work quite well to give the cops a 10 minute death timer, instantly making it harder. Another area would be to not allow the paying of confiscation money whilst you're dead or have NLR, if you die in a raid, you can't get paid for it because you don't deserve it. Decreases the money cops get from raids if they cant survive and just overall making deaths meaning a lot more for the cops, hopefully adding a bit more balance for your calculations and all.

Deleted member 4983

you should make a poll asking what weapons people use and base it off of that.

Reaction score
what i should do is limited by what i can be bothered to do

Reaction score
realistically i'll probably get a poll going at some stage when I get some more free time, might get some other general polls going to look at the options we have

Reaction score
Bruh literally yesterday 3 tfu start a raid for retarded reason (could've been solved without shootout) and then ragequit instantly after getting their ass handed to them

and then they say they dont go tfu for free shootouts. I dont care if someone goes tfu a few times but when I never see them as regular officer and they cry I laugh. Albeit my blood pressure was very high last night so i got a bit toxic #deformed, but still. Can these motherfuckers go off duty because right now they just get free shootout on easy mode.

Reaction score
Have them buy a gun within the PD at the armory NPC which will be able to use for a day, and the next day it will have to be bought again

Reaction score
This would only work if cops had their own dedicated weapons armory where you can buy the guns for way cheaper like 4k. Police pay is no where near on what criminals make.

Reaction score
Dont illegaly transport it mid shootout? If you wanna flank then get out and start shooting dont just hide in your car till a cop turns his back so you can easily kill him

Deleted member 4983

price for bullets btw:

pistol ammo: 28.33/bullet
buckshot: 52.2/bullet
rifle ammo: 20.83/bullet

Piz

Reaction score
If you're trying to find an equilibrium in the time lost on both sides (PD & Crim) you'd have to make the average price of a gun 0$. As everyone has a five minute respawn. Are you suggesting to make the guns cheaper? I'm not sure what the point of the post is, because if you were to make all guns insanely cheap you'd have a uno reverse card effect, where the PD would start whinging loads about how they'd just get lasered each time.

Criminals will always loose more, that's the point of the criminal ideology of putting more money in to make more money back - with a higher risk. Lastly, if you want it to be more like cops and robbers, the way of doing that would allow more cops to have access to higher tier weapons and reduce the price of guns crafted.

Reaction score
Been through this, the idea isn't to find an equilibrium brcause criminals have access to better arsenals which is obviously to compensate the risk. The idea is to show that the current time you have to spend grinding is excessive and to drive home the idea that the prices of guns have been way too high since the firearms update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.