Denied detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Make it so that Staff have to give reasons/detail to why something is denied. Sometimes they do but most often they don’t.

I recently made a ban appeal for someone and it was replied with “denied”, no more info. I went through a lot of other denied ones and none had any info on them. It would simply take the staff member 5 more seconds to simply state why they have come to this conclusion.

I’m not just talking about ban appeals, this applies to suggestions/ars/appeals and more.

Why should this be added? (pros): so that the community understand the reasons behind staff members decisions

What negatives could this have? (cons): none, to me it seems a very fair request that we are told why ideas/appeals/ads are denied.

Reaction score
They usually do this in private PM's, I don't really see the reason that everyone needs to know the exact reason for denial and then its up to the person if they want to reveal it

Reaction score
We discussed this in the Community meeting the other day. We said that all staff should give a reason as to why they denied a dispute but giving reasoning on a ban appeal isn't really needed

Reaction score
They just use the sub-forums to place that subject under. Eg; 'Too excessive' clearly is too excessive

Reaction score
Or they could deny suggestions, later get called out and backtrack :pompus:

Staff team is a joke with transparency, took me 2 weeks to figure out why ban appeals were being denied.

Reaction score
Can’t remember who it was but when you apply for staff and it gets denied if you ask the senior admins why it was denied they have to tell you, but they were just blatantly ignored

Sam

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Make it so that Staff have to give reasons/detail to why something is denied. Sometimes they do but most often they don’t.

I recently made a ban appeal for someone and it was replied with “denied”, no more info. I went through a lot of other denied ones and none had any info on them. It would simply take the staff member 5 more seconds to simply state why they have come to this conclusion.

I’m not just talking about ban appeals, this applies to suggestions/ars/appeals and more.

Why should this be added? (pros): so that the community understand the reasons behind staff members decisions

What negatives could this have? (cons): none, to me it seems a very fair request that we are told why ideas/appeals/ads are denied.

Most suggestions that are denied gets a reason to why, see below
Lld0UjW.png

Reaction score
Still waiting on feedback for helper. I even poked collier on TS about it. They have seen it as they've been on the forums.

At this point, I think a PM should be made straight away with whoever replied to your app
Collier
Madda
And feedback given straightaway. Rather than waiting just for a small paragraph.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Generic Twat and... Senior Administration have to have a reason to reject the application which is what should be told to the applicant.

Reaction score
Yes @Samuel , I should make it clear when I looked there are only a few suggestions that don’t have reasons why! But the other forums are not like this

Reaction score
Well, as I've replied on some of the posts. I was told when I got accepted as Moderator, that I should ALWAYS give a reason for denying an appeal or anything. However, if staff doesn't give you the reason. Add them on steam, or make a Private Conversation on forums and talk with them, and get some Feedback or teamspeak.

Deleted member 6228

If nobody had given you a reason, it's probably because the rule break is so blatant

Reaction score
In Disputes yeah, but Appeals they literally apologise for actions, therefor it would be clear for them that they break rules. Therefor it could be fine with a reason to be denied. Such as they don't think they're ready to come back, or something entirely else.

Status
Not open for further replies.