Developers and "Staffing"

Deleted member 6228

I think the issue is, devs only deal with stuff when it benefits them to do so.
Either make them into a full staff role, or do not give them permission to do sits

Sam

Reaction score
This can't be the case, for me at least. Everytime I have been RDM etc... I have made a report and waited for hours....

Deleted member 6228

You perma banning me from the forums for trying to criticize an update?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sam
Reaction score
They openly help and engage with the community than anybody else, which justifies the perks they get.

Reaction score
I think the problem with this is that it's perceived that you simply get involved and used what many consider unjustified powers in what you want to get involved and in not what you have to get involved in.
Being technically not admin but still having the same powers as admins on the live server is a little iffy if you catch my drift.
Lets hypothetically say that something happens and the use of these powers was completely ridiculous, how will he be held accountable? If it was a regular staff, they probs just get a warning or get demoted, but I don't think they're going to remove one of the few people who actually work on the game.
It also speaks volume of what the actual staff are doing as Samuel having to step in shouldn't even be necessary in the first place.

Personally, I don't think dev role should have as much power as is being implied in this thread from other people, but I honestly wouldn't mind if they were only slightly more privileged than others with regard to what they can do.

Deleted member 6228

@Ayjay Because you are very clearly getting away with being disrespectful multiple times in this thread alone? Where normal players wouldn't?

Reaction score
I'm half and half, a developer pulled this on TPN and he didn't manage to stay around very long. Lost my shit as its not his job and rightfully so started annoying both staff and the player base.

On the other hand, Perp isn't in the same position as TPN, we have 30 functioning staff members that all are required to do 100 reports a week, you'd be lucky to see 2 staff on perp at a single time. Both Samuel and Ayjay have my full respect and trust when it comes to enforcing rules and I've been banned by them both, some have been disputed and accepted and some have been unsuccessful but I still see them as solid staff members and probably better than any of the current staff.

Reaction score
The fact that the most active staff members are a developer And 2 enforcers is fucking laughable. Just give the current enforcers moderator already and a decent fraction of the issue is resolved, but on the other hand, existing mods And admins being inactive is still a huge fucking issue, and just promoting the enforcers to mod to have more staff that can ban and warn players won’t absolve the fact that theres current staff members who simply aren’t performing there jobs to the correct standards the server really requires, and the lack of commitment from said staff is clear as day if you play the server for 30 minutes.

Shoutout to @Kenty and @Jack P (never thought I’d say that) for trying there hardest to deal with rulebreakers and ensure victims of rulebreaks are receiving compensation for there troubles with limited resources. If your report counts are low, then it’s not either of your faults.

The issue is not at all that developers are taking sits and dealing with rule breaks, the REAL issue here is developers are having to step in and do the admins jobs for them. all Developers are all ex moderators from what I know, or at least someone who has played and held an administrative role on the server longer than I’ve had a PC, so personally, if they’ve been given access to admin tools, then they are perfectly within there right to use it. You don’t give someone keys to your business property without them being involved in your business, why shouldn’t developers use there privileges for what they see as for the greater good of the server?

Tl;dr: the issue isn’t developers taking sits, it’s more the fact that developers are having to fill in for the rule enforcement team.
092C97D9-424F-431C-B6FB-9E606B8170DF.jpeg
P.S: There’s still an AR open that’s been open for more than a month without staff even commenting on it.

Deleted member 4116

If it wasn't @Samantha or @Ayjay this community would've been more dead than ever. Ayjay and Samuel are actually trying their best to do everything to save this community from dying and doing little reports because there are no staff members to do them. And when no staff does reports people cry that nobody does reports???

Last edited by a moderator: