Developers and "Staffing"

Reaction score
Personally I believe if they are developer and they witness a rule break, no staff are on, they should deal with it. If there are active reports, no staff are on except devs, they should take it (only if they were ex staff).

Deleted member 6228

@Ayjay Is it too much to ask, that people who have the same powers as staff, should be held just as accountable?

Ayjay

Reaction score
Although there's a few decent points in this response, I'd disagree with the accountability one - The reason there's very few developers, is because the majority of people in this community just couldn't be trusted with that kind of responsibility. We have full access to the gamemode that Fredy and Stephen have spent hundreds of hours developing, that takes a lot of trust.

Keep in mind that Bolli, Fredy and them two other folks (?) do rule this roost, and if (however unlikely) a developer did do something a little iffy, we'd be held to account and stripped of privileges if blatent abuse were to happen. The whole 'developer' dynamic is new, and although I do joke about it, it's pretty clear that allowing myself, Samuel, Carrot and Tinyslayer into the picture has helped development move forward. I personally opened up several discussions of community focused feedback and gave you guys the ability to have a direct voice in what we do to move forward.

Ayjay

Reaction score
@Inchs I believe that all members of staff and the development team should be held accountable, developers potentially more so since our level of access and responsibility is much higher than an Administrator.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Samuel is a treasure and is one of the only people in this community who can ensure that it lives a long life, the server is in the shitter right now and people complaining about the very people trying to fix that makes me giggle a little. Reading peoples mind numbing complaints and batting away their psuedointellectual cry-babying claims has become a gold spot in my week.

The reason this community is dead isn't the developers, isn't the staff team, isn't the fact that @Bolli is still a useless fuck. No, it's the members of this community who could solve any form of drought with their tears alone. Despite us attempting to fix the endless list of issues presented by these people, they still are not happy. Never happy. Cunts.

Reaction score
Here's what I will add, I know I have been a bit of a minge about this entire situation but after thinking about it. It makes a lot of sense to have developers responding to reports when staff is unavailable. But this is only effective as a temporary solution, staff recruitment needs to be loosened up a bit (I am not saying recruit minges) but more people need to be accepted and trained. Preferably with past experience. But I agree developers should not have more power than administrators and personally I feel as though regulation should be given, so on the live server developers have in-game powers equal to moderators. If testing needs to be done it should be done on the test server where more powers are present.

Reaction score
@Samantha everyones writing full paragraphs for this.. . Lmaooo

PERP IS JUST A GAME. YALL STRESSING, STRESS BOUT REAL LIFE NOT A STUPID DEV RANK.

Sam

Reaction score
@Samantha everyones writing full paragraphs for this.. . Lmaooo

PERP IS JUST A GAME. YALL STRESSING, STRESS BOUT REAL LIFE NOT A STUPID DEV RANK

Yea, some people have nothing better todo than complain. Seems like people always find stuff to complain on.

This is not 2015, we don’t have 70 players everyday, we don’t have 5 staff members on at all times... To survive we need to do what we can, and as a developer I can do more than most. Anyone who says that @Ayjay @TinySlayer and I should be normal “users” clearly don’t understand the amount we put into what we do... I think I can speak for all of us and say we don’t find rping very fun anymore, all three of us have been in this community for MANY years. PERP as a community don’t have much to offer us, other than what we already got...
And whoever tries to claim that I just deal with rule break ingame when it hurts me, is either retarded, blind or just a big liar. I have not handled any situation that I have been involved in. Even OP claimed “abuse” in his original post, before it was edited by staff... unfortunately he never mentioned details about this alleged “abuse”, nor did he report it to SA.

If you got enough time on your hands to cry on the forums cuz developers gets extra permission, then spend some of that time on coming up with ideas that will help new players have they join the server, and possible ideas on how we can get new players to stay... Spend your time on something useful

Sam

Reaction score
Agreed, got a great offer on the codebase...

just don’t tell @Bolli perp is all he thinks about

Reaction score
god yes, turn it into a minigames server already