Pre-Whitelist Test [What happened?]

Deleted member 5920

Interesting experiment but poorly executed. Not saying I am ungrateful but I just feel like the mob mentality forced the developers to release something that resembled neither old PD or current PD.

Reaction score
People couldn’t be trusted by themselves to roam around without Policies, many of the officers disregarded policies which is whatever but thought they could basically break rules at the same time.

Everyone had SGT and that was a bit of a problem and I didn’t quite like that since everyone could DNA and even without DNA they’d pretty much shoot anything breathing.

I spent more money and time repairing my car and driving it to get its tires fixed rather then raid or do my normal stuff. Some officers really did care and I could tell by the way they spoke and dealt with situations.

TFU spots for all really opened peoples eyes and showed who was worthy or not and who is a hidden gem that is capable. Some TFU or those that were completely new to the server found some struggle and you can expect the accidental flashes which is even common in our current TFU officers.

It was great to have this at least because it showed who could be trusted or not and it was just an eye opener.

A week after this and during last week with the whitelist back again I recognised officers were still fairly trigger happy and some didn’t even know the whitelist was in play. But this is fairly understandable.

Overall, this had basically happened after a bunch of people who don’t even count as the player base and lurk forums decided to vote and not even come and play during the whitelist or even played when the vote happened. We had more votes then active players on the server. Yes we had some people come on that don’t really come on but I haven’t seen many return since. But the non whitelist alongside the organisation update has made the server pop off recently and the server filled up one time and filled up a second time and this has started to become more common.

I think @LEWIS 088 really deserves a good shout and @Jack P when he was Enforcer for taking their time to clear these people up since they did a lot of the focus on the officers.

Reaction score
Everyone just went on a rampage, no one was there to be the highest rank no one needed to listen to each other cause everyone had the same rank.
Officers who didn't like the idea of a revert just went in even harder, they ignored the laws and made sure the trial was very bad.
Almost every officer was trigger-happy and just like @Kenty mentioned you could easily see who the real officers of the PLPD are, they were the only ones trying to make this work!

Reaction score
Of course, a lot of people dicked about and acted in a manner of which you wouldn't expect from people in SWAT Positions in real life. I have made this video as a tribute to everyone who played the role of TFU Properly! Everyone named in this video roleplayed excellently and would have no trouble getting TFU!

Reaction score
Pretty shit, giving everyone sergeant meant that they didn't have to worry about actually conducting themselves as nothing could really be done against them and they would just return to their normal rank after. TFU were borderline retarded but it was actually quite nice having TFU as a premium thing as it meant a lot more people got an opportunity to play. Personally i thought having TFU as a premium thing was a good thing however, there NEEDS to be a rank structure in the PD normally otherwise it is just straight up aids.

Reaction score
Worth noting that probably about 12 people actually got to play TFU Due to ludicrous slot hogging

Reaction score
jay hatch despawned the TFU van mid gunfight while we were using it as cover because he wasnt the one driving

Reaction score
On a more serious note, here's my final take on this whole situation:

- People played ludicrously long hogging slots that they essentially set up a camp at there PC's. I hope they deep cleaned the fuck out of there gaming chairs after caking in there own Adrenaline Sweat for a week. In other possibly related news, Hemmorhoid cream sales shot up at there local Superdrug.
- The majority of people adopted care free attitudes in there policing, running around treating people like pieces of shit and being generally awful people to deal with. It seems that equalizing the ranks, as opposed to stopping power tripping supervisors, just made the unranked and senior officers power trip with there newly acquired permissions.
- Whitelisting us for RTU Would have been good as we could have played traffic cop. The downside to this however would be the entire PD Whipping about in the RTU Speed enforcer, resulting in 0 opportunity of prisoner transport.
- Because everyone could use the DNA tool and set warrants, you couldn't as so much fart in the general direction of an officer without getting a warrant for 9.2. This, plus there being a constant 6 TFU in service, made criminal activity incredibly difficult for anyone outside of a group of people with equal or superior knowledge on criminal activity.
- Giving everyone access to a shotgun was possibly the biggest oversight of the event, thank fuck it got patched out in a day.

This event also somewhat acted as a purge, it allowed officers who were sweating for ranks and being nice to people they don't like for the sake of there PD Ranks to be themselves I guess?

So overall:
- Did it give players a better experience?:
For people who play cop, yes. Giving them additional permissions and TFU access resulted in them spending 10-16 hours a day non stop playing. For everyone else, particularly people without VIP or people who play criminal, No. It was horrendous. On the plus side, most the TFU were more of a danger to other officers than criminals at certain times.

- Did it raise playercount?:
Undoubtedly.

- Did the majority of the community want this to be the new permanent PD?:
No. But it was a significant minority of players looking at the results of the poll.

Overall, I'm both glad and surprised the developers of the server took my request for a trial seriously. Normally, when something wanted by at least a sizable minority of the community is suggested that would drastically alter the game, the developers and senior administration play it safe and say no. This was evident with the regals fire escape suggestion and the 5.56 revert suggestion.

Reaction score
hahahahahaha outplayed, Jay probably wanted to get more kills for himself.