Do you enjoy 128 slots?

Do you like 128 slots?

• Total voters
Reaction score
From deep thought about the topic, despite often complaining about the hit registration issues gaslighting me into becoming a servant of the rat god in my walls, Overall is minuscule compared to the other downsides of lowering it.

The PVP aspect is heavily bought up when arguing against the server slots being so high. From what I’ve seen in reports, a huge portion of the new players actually hate this aspect of the server as it is obstructing their daily activity and no one wants to sit on a curb for 20 minutes waiting for a shootout to end.

The upper management obviously don‘t want to prioritise the need Player vs Player interactions and the people who play to do nothing but shoot other players in some way, shape or form over everyone else, including paying donators looking to generally make the most of their VIP subscription by playing as much as they can. It’s pretty open that the community managers are praising players who are building fun areas for other players to go ahead and enjoy as a public space, and that players who do nothing but PVP are more heavily scrutinised in reports.

What we need to consider is for how long the server has tried to breakaway from being almost solely a PVP server and if hitreg is going to really gravitate as a reason for wanting less player slots, Especially how aggressive and obstructive it has become in terms of people shooting people without warning. New players doing their “buy a house” mission are being gunned down on entry to the apartment completely unaware, and reasonably so, that they’re breaking server rules by entering the shootout. A shootout at bazaar halts crafting and players buying things as well as turns a clear pathway into a hazard they aren’t allowed to cross.

An issue I will elaborate upon in great detail right now is one that the majority of new players who found themselves into shootouts and wound up dead all believe the pvp aspect of the server in its current warzone form is a deterrent to wanting to play here. In general a PVP situation restricts access to that part of the map, which is especially prevalent as the majority of these situations occur in bazaar, apartment blocks, and other areas where a significant portion of player activities are halted for what could be up to 20 minutes at a time in some apartments. The meta is to pick apartments to base in over houses because the apartments are miles easier to defend than houses. A shootout at the wood cabins doesnt really ruin anyone else’s experience.

And consider this, players who are spending the better portion of their playtime turning a sizeable portion of the city scape into a high intensity warzone begging for United Nations military intervention; Beyond an enjoyable shooting game experience akin maybe to a casual match of CS for the few players who are allowed to, by rules, get involved, what benefit does it really bring? I’ve built and partaken in passive RP structures at bazaar just for all of us to have to submit to a godstick enforced mandatory evacuation of the area because someone with an arrest warrant didn’t let said warrant deter them from partaking in the daily stand around bazaar with no real intention world championship.

The undisputed fact is the playercount has not killed PVP at all and shootouts still occur regularly, more than enough for players to enjoy themselves, and certainly enough for players to have their gaming session interrupted by them.

Obviously I enjoy partaking and regularly start said shootouts. I never was going to imply this behaviour is, in general problematic. A large scale shootout is a Roleplay event. Key word is event. The issue arises when it no longer becomes an event but an hourly guarantee. Shootouts constantly breaking out, even over a simple verbal threat, gets old, and people get bored of deciding that they’re going to let it ruin their day. Spending the majority of your playtime as a passive RPer stood on a curb twiddling my thumbs waiting for people to finish killing one another just to take a pot luck guess to see if it’s even over doesn't make for an enjoyable experience in general.

Lowering the playercount, whilst i personally would enjoy having more shots register, would solely to be to ponder for that aspect of the server and nothing else. Maybe to make driving smoother? I’ve only had like 2 lag related crashes lately.

Bearing in mind that the server is regularly full, and this is already with the 128 player slots an obstructive issue. Lowering the count would guarantee the server is consistently full. Furthermore, due to training and recruitment within the PD being carried out on the live server, I have a prevalent issue of not being able to attend said sessions because I didn’t join the server 2 hours ago.

As I previously highlighted, the problem with our solution could mean that we’ll find ourselves a few months later claiming that there was a problem with our solution and that the solution to our new problem was the problem we had before. The problem with our solution is it will create an obvious problem where the solution is to go back entirely on this and make this effort mundane.

Tl;dr: PVP isn’t likely to ever be seen as a reason to want to lower playercount by both new players and upper management and playercount probably won’t be reduced solely to cater for the PvP aspect of the game mode when a huge portion, the majority potentially, of new players already disagree with the fact that they shouldn’t be allowed to enter their homes or access shops, NPCs and other methods of shopping and travel because people started raiding, and that said players shouldn’t shoot them when they clearly and obviously won’t be a threat to them.

The problem with your solution is the problem that called for the solution creates a problem in which the initial problem will be the only solution and wasting time yoyoing between both states would be a complete inevitability.
nerd

Reaction score
I don't PvP so I enjoy the high slots, it makes the city feel alive very alive, so I love it.
The only negative aspect for me is driving on city bridge, it is almost always blocked by RC or ambulances due to an accident and then speeding idiots crash into those vehicles causing an even bigger blockade, so if the server plans to continue using 128 slots please make city bridge bigger in V6 or something in that nature.

Reaction score
Is Paralake a better city when there is less players on? - Yes, 100% everything from Lag to general minging and chaos is reduced a lot.

Do I wanna sit in the GMod Menu for 2 hours trying to get on the Server because the demand for it is so immense? - No

Reaction score
My best guess is a 2nd server or an upgrade to this server's performance is the solution which solves the proposed problem by @Bnje in regards to lowering player count however then more problems come up with 2 servers and upgrading this server can be limited by GMOD as it's like nearly 2 decades old game and cost of hosting.

and yes I read the whole post benji made, I am a nerd2 I guess.

Reaction score
add autodespawning cars or something bruh can’t go round bazaar without negative frames

Reaction score
Can't even have a friendly convo at bazaar before the server decides to shit itself D:
But I do get a good excuse for my shit driving 10/10

Reaction score
I think the 128 slots work 60% of the time.

Connection and lag don't seem to be the issue, though; for the last six weeks I've been playing from Singapore, 11,000 KM from where the server is hosted and I don't get above 250 ping while playing from a laptop in a hotel, I think as long as you have decent wifi and not running a stupid amount of things at the same time you're fine.

My biggest issue with the 128-player slots is the lack of RP. I cop main most of the time, especially when it's busy and it's impossible to get any quality RP because everyone is just shooting each other every 30 seconds. An excellent example of this was Sunday when I and three others tried to do a speed trap in business when the server was full, and there were so many shootings it took 30 minutes before we could get from PD to business without a panic or a raid to even set uo the trap.

Reaction score
Ignore the aim, but like...

I enjoy 128 players from an RP standpoint, but not from a PvP standpoint.
Jesus that hurt to watch, that is pure aids how many shots u dumped on him lol. I agree completely it's very good for RP, but the PvP is so bad