Ellie's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Ellie
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:24585761

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:

I truly feel that I can be a valuable asset for the staff team. I'm ready to put more dedication and effort into this community and overall I believe me having a staff role would improve the quality of game-play for other players on the server, especially as of late when several moderators have been resigning and there is a lack of staff during the day/early afternoons on the server and reports are stacked when staff gets on.

When I’m on the server I usually enjoy Passive RP to meet new people and find new fun ways to interact with others which means that I often engage with and help out new players who might not fully understand the server and its rules. It brings more long lasting players to the server and if they have a positive influence they're more likely not to break rules and if they do, it will allow them to understand their actions, ensuring it does not happen again.

I’ve been helping several new players that didn’t have the best start on the server, that already had a record their first week, and were able to motivate them to want to do better and even got one of them to focus on PoliceRP and got promoted to Senior within his second week. I believe encouraging players wanting to improve and foremost educating them goes a long way to keep a loyal and long lasting player base. From what I have experienced since I started being active within the PLPD and got a supervisory role, people listen to me and respect what I have to say. This has given me a lot of confidence in my judgement and how I present myself to other people.

Qualities

Extensive rule knowledge
Since I am an experienced player since I joined the community back in 2014, I’ve had the time to study the rules and the new/change of rules and laws.
In my opinion; good law knowledge translates to good rule knowledge as well.

No bans/warnings since I joined.

Friendly
I believe I’m friendly, helpful and approachable, that people feel like they can come up to me to ask me questions without feeling like they’re wasting anyone's time.

Professional
I can thank the PLPD for this, cause it has taught me how to act professionally and to be assertive and authoritative

Patience
I feel like I’m understanding and show a lot of patience when it comes to talking to people who need help.

Organized and efficient
I have extensive administrative skills and I’m organized and always want to work as efficiently as I can and I have good ideas and can see problems or situations in different light with a pair of fresh eyes.

Requirements:

In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following three requirements:

Your time played on the server must be at least one week.
No recent in-game bans, warnings or blacklists on record, this includes both the forums and the server. (1 month)
You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them.
You must have access to and use a microphone. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server.

Sam

Reaction score
Nicely written application. Doesn’t contain a bunch of nonsense like some other apps that’s 2000 pages long!

Got one question and one statement.
So first, if accepted this would be your first time as staff on perp, it’s a big step jumping over Helper. And one thing many staff members have lacked in the past is dealing with situations where they are not listened too by a player or where a player is disagreeing heavily with then. L
How would you deal with such a situation, where a player is either ignoring what you say or is heavily disagreeing on what you are telling him/her?

I think this is an important point, and surprised it isn’t asked in the template. And while on the topic of the template, you missed to add the age field!

Anyways, good written app! Didn’t feel like a pain to read it, which is a good thing! Maybe they’ll actually read it during the admin meeting o_O

Reaction score
  • Staff
Nicely written application. Doesn’t contain a bunch of nonsense like some other apps that’s 2000 pages long!

So first, if accepted this would be your first time as staff on perp, it’s a big step jumping over Helper. And one thing many staff members have lacked in the past is dealing with situations where they are not listened too by a player or where a player is disagreeing heavily with then. L
How would you deal with such a situation, where a player is either ignoring what you say or is heavily disagreeing on what you are telling him/her?
Thank you! :p I tried my best to stay concise and only mention relevant and important details as there's no need to ramble or bulk up my app for the sake of it. :cat:

I don't think Helper and Enforcer are very comparable roles, and as per Ethan's post I don't think Helper actually means much as a stepping stone for Enforcer. At the end of the day, a Helper is someone who helps new players, answers questions, helps out with events, whereas as an Enforcer I'd be primarily educating and dealing with rule breakers. Of course I am also interested in helping new players as well, but I think the roles are quite different fundamentaly. :D

As for argumentative and wilfully ignorant players, I don't feel like I would have any issue at all putting my foot down and explaining that my word is final. I mentioned earlier in my application that being in the PD in a supervisory role has helped me stay assertive and authoritative with difficult individuals. :D

Reaction score
-Support [edited]

is generally rude to most members of the community and even joins in arguments in ooc that dont involve her at all and gets defensive when called out on the fact she is doing that while applying for a enforcer role. sorry ive changed my opinion because honestly it wouldnt be honest to leave a plus support as i havent seen anything recently from you that i should be supporting

Last edited:
Reaction score
-Support,
You were being very toxic towards me and others over a simple situation you were involved in.
And I'm pretty sure I witnessed you arguing with others in OOC over some silly argument.

-EDIT
Shows how immature you are and can't take criticism. I do not think you are suited for this role, far from it.
1634498556625.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will support this application with confidence since I know that Ellie is capable of holding this role without even playing actively on the server, I remember them being one of the best users in the community at communicating with other players and also bringing the community together.

She has a superb rule knowledge and understands the importance of this being a community and speaks her mind and has a strong belief in what she thinks is right and wrong however is never against listening other users to hear what they have to say to either be proven wrong or have their opinion changed regarding these subjects. You can also see this by her ban/warning record which is zero. That just goes to show.

You can also see this professionalism and extensive rule knowledge in the shoutbox, she is always open for a discussion and is never disrespectful nor unprofessional.

I think this is the only enforcer candidate besides @nutrient10

Reaction score
I will write something similar to what I accredited Murtsley with;

It is rare to find people that don't enjoy treating PERP like an e-sport or partaking in sinister activities to benefit their PH bank portfolio, so I would think it's definitely a good thing to have more people in the staff team that prefer other aspects of the game.

Now lets be honest Ellie is a friendly, well rounded sociable person that knows the rules, and can clearly see outside of the box and use personal judgement when necessary; this shows she would certainly be a great addition to the staff team. Right now she is a credit to the community and I'm sure most people agree with this and prior statements regarding the matter!

1627421040270-png.11840
Also a fellow member of the 2017 Hung Chow approved shirt

Reaction score
Ellie's filter is poor i.e she says what she thinks, which is good and bad. It is usually a good trait for administration. She clearly knows what she's doing and she interacts with the community a lot. I don't know what's happened for somebody to justify calling her rude, but I've never had a bad experience with Ellie.

Reaction score
You're indeed addressing you haven't received any bans/warnings since you joined. You however received two blacklist from CM Efan, one to calm down and one for disrespectfull behavior. Reading the comments on your application about how people think you're rude. How have you changed and how can we be sure you won't be rude again.

Like Zayne says you say a lot of stuff that are on your mind, are you able to silence yourself if needed?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ellie's filter is poor i.e she says what she thinks, which is good and bad. It is usually a good trait for administration. She clearly knows what she's doing and she interacts with the community a lot. I don't know what's happened for somebody to justify calling her rude, but I've never had a bad experience with Ellie.
The people who are saying that she's rude are the same people who talk about the most weird and nasty things in OOC. The fact that she told them to shut up about it just proves that she wants to keep the community clear of things like that while some people obviously want to talk about horse sperm

Reaction score
I was going to write a large paragraph detailing my opinion on this but I think one has already been written by @Samuel which pretty much outlines must of what I was going to say:

I think this is an important point, and surprised it isn’t asked in the template. And while on the topic of the template, you missed to add the age field!

Anyways, good written app! Didn’t feel like a pain to read it, which is a good thing! Maybe they’ll actually read it during the admin meeting o_O

One addition I'd like to add is the reports of your attitude and how you talk to people. Personally, I haven't had a bad encounter with you so far so I can't account for this.

If you're denied/accepted I'd work heavily on the reputation within the community as it seems numerous users feel as though you're not fit for the role due to your attitude.

I don't have much feedback as what @Samuel has written is perfect and sums up pretty much most of what I was going to say.

Reaction score
I was going to write a large paragraph detailing my opinion on this but I think one has already been written by @Samuel which pretty much outlines must of what I was going to say:

One addition I'd like to add is the reports of your attitude and how you talk to people. Personally, I haven't had a bad encounter with you so far so I can't account for this.

If you're denied/accepted I'd work heavily on the reputation within the community as it seems numerous users feel as though you're not fit for the role due to your attitude.

I don't have much feedback as what @Samuel has written is perfect and sums up pretty much most of what I was going to say.
I'd just like to address this - how does one "working on their reputation" due to some preconceived notions of poor attitude removed from context make them any more or less of an asset towards the staff team? If anything, the stints of "poor attitude" demonstrated by this candidate were instances of putting one's foot down (if I've been informed correctly) - a trait highly valued within a staff member, as long as not taken to egregious extremes, which they evidently weren't in this candidate's case.

I would argue that such a reputation, as long as balanced correctly with being approachable and friendly on the whole - something which Ellie has no issues with from my observation - could only work to strengthen one's case as an effective staff candidate as your word and rule is often upheld and followed much more stringently by users, by virtue of your word holding more value due to the greater perceived chance of action behind it - resulting in the prevention of rulebreaks as opposed to having to punish them when they occur, a far more desirable outcome.

Had only pleasant experiences with Ellie, and I would see no issues with her being an enforcer. Good luck :)

Sam

Reaction score
I'd just like to address this - how does one "working on their reputation" due to some preconceived notions of poor attitude removed from context make them any more or less of an asset towards the staff team? If anything, the stints of "poor attitude" demonstrated by this candidate were instances of putting one's foot down (if I've been informed correctly) - a trait highly valued within a staff member, as long as not taken to egregious extremes, which they evidently weren't in this candidate's case.

I would argue that such a reputation, as long as balanced correctly with being approachable and friendly on the whole - something which Ellie has no issues with from my observation - could only work to strengthen one's case as an effective staff candidate as your word and rule is often upheld and followed much more stringently by users, by virtue of your word holding more value due to the greater perceived chance of action behind it - resulting in the prevention of rulebreaks as opposed to having to punish them when they occur, a far more desirable outcome.

Had only pleasant experiences with Ellie, and I would see no issues with her being an enforcer. Good luck :)
Being able to put your foot down as staff is a very good trait for a staff member, especially as there are a few players that maybe aren’t the easiest to deal with. But at the same time, there is a huge difference between putting your foot down in a productive way and having a less than friendly reputation. I don’t know what her reputation in this regard is and there seem to be mixed feelings about this, but I know from personal experience that your reputation is key if you wish to be a serious staff member. At least from what I have seen, Ellie is pretty friendly in-game, obviously, there are exceptions as she has received two blacklists which she hasn’t disputed. But any competent person will learn from their missteps, which I am sure Ellie has, as she hasn't been blacklisted after those two occasions.

But at the end of the day, I feel like anyone who tries hard enough to become a member of staff should have a shot at it, if they are competent enough of course. There is no way to know who will be a good and who will be a bad staff member.

On top of this, it's been over a week since PH Pending, so maybe it's time for another admin meeting so an admin vote can be conducted? Not really fair for the applicant to keep the application open for too long. Also, Ellie is pretty active on the server, so surely any concerns which resulted in PH Pending must have been settled by now?
@blackdown that's your queue ;)

Reaction score
You're indeed addressing you haven't received any bans/warnings since you joined. You however received two blacklist from CM Efan, one to calm down and one for disrespectfull behavior. Reading the comments on your application about how people think you're rude. How have you changed and how can we be sure you won't be rude again.

Like Zayne says you say a lot of stuff that are on your mind, are you able to silence yourself if needed?
i don't know why everyone seems to be replying for Ellie? Did she forget how to form sentences? the reason i'm bumping this is cause the reactions to it, show multiple people are interested in a response from @Ellie

Last edited:
Reaction score
The positives outweigh the negatives, Ellie is incredibly friendly, knows the rules like the back of her hand and is active. She doesn’t have to play this silly persona to show her attitude is good because we know it is, just because one or two bad interactions she has had with other community members is bound to happen especially when given staff (people either HATE you or just chilled out) as you are in a position to deal with that stuff, something Ellie is competent of doing. She is human after all, give people a chance and let them show you what they’re really capable of.

Reaction score
Maybe because we support her application and position for Enforcer lol? no one is replying on her behalf
Maybe i phrased it in a wrong way. I just find it odd that Ellie herself doesn't reply to questions asked in her application. Whilst others do, I'm not saying they shouldn't, you're free to reply to and support whomever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.