Enforcer Application - John Daymon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: daymon

IN-GAME NAME: John Daymon

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:41886372

Sweden

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER: I want to become a staff member again as I feel that it is what I do best on the server, I believe that my time on the server is meant to be a part of an amazing team enforcing the rules that we all try our best to play under, I am someone who wants to help this server as I've been here since the start of it and watched it throughout the years. I also know that I am an active player on the server who basically everyone knows. I believe that I should become a staff member again because I know that I was a good asset to the team and I tried my hardest throughout the years as a staff member to make the community a better and more fun place for everyone to set their foot on and I feel that I am ready to take this position again.

The reason why I feel ready to take the position again is simply because I believe that PERP has firstly become a better server once again, the community has had it's ups and downs but so have I, I feel that after my blunders on the server I want to redeem myself as the good staff member I once was, I wasn't picked by the community as
The Best Moderator/Administrator
without any reason, it was obviously because of my hardwork that I am ready to put into the server again and help the staff team and the server out to my full extent.

I have also been told by several members of the community that I should apply to regain my position in the staff team again as in their eyes I was very appreciated within the community as not only a staff member but also a helping hand in discussions between the staff team and players, I don't know how many times I've had to be the middle hand between the Staff Team and Olsen in several discussions.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: Yes, however I am mostly muted not communicating with anyone in there.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:

I know a lot of people are going to go on about my two demotions that I recieved last year, firstly from my position as Administrator, this was supposed to be the way where the Senior Administration team told me to step up again and actually work on my behaviour, this is something that effected me quite heavily on PERP, I think most of us know that the role of Administrator is something that took me some time to reach, me losing that made this rank was something that kind of put the light out for me to even keep on going with PERP, I was stressed in real life over some things that were currently going on which pushed PERP further and further away.

My second demotion which was the final one was simply because of my absolute toxic behaviour in OOC and on the forums, something I'm very ashamed of as I think we all know I am genuinely not a toxic person, however I decided to be honest to the server about the whole sitaution as I think that it is important to show everyone that no one is perfect.

Anywho following this point; I believe that it is important for everyone to move on from the past as I am not even close to as toxic as I was back then aswell as I want to come back and help the server again, now I know that the other day me and a user which I am not going to name had an argument in the shoutbox regarding my time as a staff member, I believe that his arguments were completely invalid as he stated that I wasn't an asset to the staff team because of a statement I made during fall last year prior to my demotion stating the following
AVERAGE SALARY :LUL: IMAGINE BEING AVERAGE
this obviously followed a very long conversation regarding the statement and people were wondering what my point was, in this situation were also users @NeluDaHunter and @Dr. Dräjj who I think can confirm that I stated several times that my point of that argument was that I think that people who complain over their lives and life situations have nothing to cry about if they don't do anything about it as they're simply useless (obviously they who have a change to do something about it)

If you have any feedback on this application please state it below, I do appreciate all critique aslong as it's constructive. And please do not rate this application with a disagree if you don't comment giving a reasoning behind this rating.

Thanks.

Reaction score
No consistency as both a staff member and player
Has left and rejoined, left and rejoined, left and rejoined; you get the drift
KrihK6C.png

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think you're right for staff again.
I say this from my personal experience with you, I feel like you're very toxic and never take no for an answer, also it feels like you've just come back from a long break.
I also would like to add that you occasionally bring up the fact I'm diabetic for seemingly no reason, and sometimes it feels like you're trying to be funny and make jokes about it, which as you could guess I don't appreciate as its a very sensitive subject to me.

Reaction score
I actually followed the situation about what you said about that average salary thing. This was indeed about the people who moaned for not getting enough money, but whoactually could do something about it but were jsut too lazy. It kinda went on and on till finally a lot of people agreed that everyone who moans about average pay, but can do something about it, shouldn't be lazy and just do it! This wasn't about people who had no other choice!

I personally think you will be a good asset to the team once again, i didn't know you well back then, but i read a lot of forum posts and you weren't toxic at the beginning. Inbetween you were toxic tho.

BUT now I feel you deserve to proof yourself once again as a staff member, and I DO know you'll be a great asset to the team and the community!

EDIT: There's only one thing that bothers me... You aren't that active in my opinion so if you work on that, i do believe you deserve it otherwise you DON'T!

PS.: do something about this
could probably buy your whole family.
this is arrogant in my opinion

Reaction score
@Imperial Watch I thank you for your critique and take it with me I think however it is important that you know that even though I have been inactive during my time as a staff member I was still holding the most reports over active staff members during that time which I think that you should remember as this included you.

Also to state that I have no consistency is a huge lie as during my four and a half years as a staff member I never left the server.

Reaction score
Exactly was @Mallard said. You came back from a long break. Although you are a great guy. You need to more active

Reaction score
Thank you for your critique @Mallard and @Jimmy Jackson

Firstly I'd like to go off with your personal experience with me, the reason we've not been on a good foot on teamspeak outside of the community mind you, is simply because we do not always accept each other in certain situations, I might not like some things you do and you might not like some things I do. I have just come back from a break as I've stated before which I do understand is something that would come up on my enforcer application, however I think this is the time when it's important to see who actually is applying, if it is someone who's played on the same server since BETA startup or someone who's been here for a year or so, in this time period I've not only been a member but a staff member, which goes to show that I know how the server and the rules work.

I do NOT understand why you bring up the situation with me joking about diabetes, this wasn't actually against you or never inteded to be interpreted that way either, it simply started as a joke between me and a friend of mine on CS:GO which I then brought on PERP, I did not know at this time that you had diabetes, which you then explained in shoutbox after me being surprised over the fact that you can go blind because of diabetes, you then stated multiple things that could happen to someone with diabetes which infact you stated you had yourself, at this point I backed off and didn't make any jokes towards you with diabetes however that didn't stop me from joking about the actual disease. I think it's also important to note that you under these times have never ever asked me to stop. Also to point out this was during the time when I was being an idiot before my demotion, which is quite clearly stated in my application that I am no longer like that person anymore.

Reaction score
STEAM NAME: daymon

IN-GAME NAME: John Daymon

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:41886372

Sweden

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER: I want to become a staff member again as I feel that it is what I do best on the server, I believe that my time on the server is meant to be a part of an amazing team enforcing the rules that we all try our best to play under, I am someone who wants to help this server as I've been here since the start of it and watched it throughout the years. I also know that I am an active player on the server who basically everyone knows. I believe that I should become a staff member again because I know that I was a good asset to the team and I tried my hardest throughout the years as a staff member to make the community a better and more fun place for everyone to set their foot on and I feel that I am ready to take this position again.

The reason why I feel ready to take the position again is simply because I believe that PERP has firstly become a better server once again, the community has had it's ups and downs but so have I, I feel that after my blunders on the server I want to redeem myself as the good staff member I once was, I wasn't picked by the community as without any reason, it was obviously because of my hardwork that I am ready to put into the server again and help the staff team and the server out to my full extent.

I have also been told by several members of the community that I should apply to regain my position in the staff team again as in their eyes I was very appreciated within the community as not only a staff member but also a helping hand in discussions between the staff team and players, I don't know how many times I've had to be the middle hand between the Staff Team and Olsen in several discussions.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: Yes, however I am mostly muted not communicating with anyone in there.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:

I know a lot of people are going to go on about my two demotions that I recieved last year, firstly from my position as Administrator, this was supposed to be the way where the Senior Administration team told me to step up again and actually work on my behaviour, this is something that effected me quite heavily on PERP, I think most of us know that the role of Administrator is something that took me some time to reach, me losing that made this rank was something that kind of put the light out for me to even keep on going with PERP, I was stressed in real life over some things that were currently going on which pushed PERP further and further away.

My second demotion which was the final one was simply because of my absolute toxic behaviour in OOC and on the forums, something I'm very ashamed of as I think we all know I am genuinely not a toxic person, however I decided to be honest to the server about the whole sitaution as I think that it is important to show everyone that no one is perfect.

Anywho following this point; I believe that it is important for everyone to move on from the past as I am not even close to as toxic as I was back then aswell as I want to come back and help the server again, now I know that the other day me and a user which I am not going to name had an argument in the shoutbox regarding my time as a staff member, I believe that his arguments were completely invalid as he stated that I wasn't an asset to the staff team because of a statement I made during fall last year prior to my demotion stating the following
this obviously followed a very long conversation regarding the statement and people were wondering what my point was, in this situation were also users @NeluDaHunter and @Dr. Dräjj who I think can confirm that I stated several times that my point of that argument was that I think that people who complain over their lives and life situations have nothing to cry about if they don't do anything about it as they're simply useless (obviously they who have a change to do something about it)

If you have any feedback on this application please state it below, I do appreciate all critique aslong as it's constructive. And please do not rate this application with a disagree if you don't comment giving a reasoning behind this rating.

Thanks.
maybe wait a little longer before applying since you have just come back from a long break. even though when you was an admin my experiences with you was always positive still think that you should let yourself get back into the perp flow before going for staff.

Reaction score
@Knoxy82 I understand your point of view but I quote something that I responded to @Mallard with

I have just come back from a break as I've stated before which I do understand is something that would come up on my enforcer application, however I think this is the time when it's important to see who actually is applying, if it is someone who's played on the same server since BETA startup or someone who's been here for a year or so, in this time period I've not only been a member but a staff member, which goes to show that I know how the server and the rules work.

Reaction score
Without even bringing up your demotions I've never liked your attitude as a staff member. In my opinion you seem way to rude and aggressive towards players (OOC based).
However you could've changed during this time but I've not have gotten the chance to witness this due to my inactivity.

When I was active you're activity always has seemed on and off. You might be active now just to get enforcer and then only to go back to how your activity was last time you were part of the staff team. (on and off)

I do believe you got the rule knowledge / law knowledge for a staff member, but I don't believe your activity and your attitude would be suiting for the staff team. Nor have I personally seen anything that makes me think you have changed.

edit: my shitty english

Reaction score
+support Great guy. has been an admin in the past and I don't think his administrative capabilities have gotten worse in any way.

Maybe not that active quite yet but still more active than a certain dinosaur

Reaction score
@Jonah First of all, thanks for your critique.

I'd like to start of with your point stating that I am a rude and/or aggressive person towards players, I do not agree with this at all, I am however a very straight forward person in sitautions where rules have been violated, I don't give you any slack as in my book if you've violated the rules you should know that and it shouldn't be a simple slap on the wrist. We can use your metagaming offence as an example, we instantly knew that you were violating the rules blatantly lying to us in the administrative situation on Teamspeak after your ban, the reason I didn't give you any breathing room in that situation was simply because I wanted it to be obvious for you to know that we knew that you were lying to us and that there is no chance of you lying.

Take it as this; If I'm a teddy bear on the server to people who have violated the rules players will obviously know that and use it to their advantage and make their way out of it. Instead I think that you should let the player know what they've done wrong, give them the punishment they deserve and not have any bullshit conversations between that.

My activity during your time on the server might not have been the best, however as I stated with the argument Imperial Watch made I was still one of the most active ones with reports.

Reaction score
"I didn't give you any breathing room in that situation was simply because I wanted it to be obvious for you to know that we knew that you were lying to us and that there is no chance of you lying. "

This did not make it obvious for me only thing it did for me was indicating that you were not approachable.
You ignored me when I was simply trying to speak to you during the situation.

For example, brinch warned me for something once and I still had the chance to speak to him in teamspeak which is in my opinion way better then just ignoring someone. Also left me with a way better feeling.

Then again, I do believe that you got what it takes to be a staff member, but I've never liked your attitude/activity in the past.
You could have changed during the time you got demoted but since I've been pretty inactive for the past 2 months so I've not gotten to witness that.

Reaction score
I can agree with you that I might've been harsh on you in that situation but you have to understand it from my perspective, now I'm not trying to defend myself only trying to justify why I reacted the way I did; as soon as we started talking you came with excuses as that you were not having any push to talk on, which we knew as I was in noclip was a lie.

Anywho I thank you for your responses, gave me a bit of a thinker!

Reaction score
@John Daymon

I can definitely see the way you reacted obviously and now I kind of see both perspectives, I think both parties can agree that the situation was a mess and my reaction is maybe not the best.

Never had anything against u just didn't like the way you handled certain things as a staff member :)

Gl on your app

Deleted member 6228

I didn't really wanna say anything since I'm still banned, but as a lot of people have said you have just come off a long break.
Beforehand you was hanging around with a lot of mingy players on the server, which affected how you acted. You are started to normalise and become the person I like again, but there is still a bit to go imo, give it a few months

Status
Not open for further replies.