Enforcer Application!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: PandaWarrior
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:53972757

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:

Being a member of staff has actually never been something I was ever interested in until now, I think it would be something for me to be able to contribute to the server, being able to ensure that the rules are being followed so that new players and regular ones can enjoy the many laughs and enjoyable fun that PERP has to offer. Something to help the new people who want to enjoy what PERP has to offer without being discouraged from playing due to the rule benders/breakers it will also help with the

I have been on PERPheads for many years with taking a few breaks due to certain things but I have always returned, I have a lot of experience and it's always nice to make new friends and see old faces, I have spent a lot of time on the server recently and I have excellent knowledge of the rules of PERPheads including the amended ones. I will always encourage people to make reports instead of fighting in the OOC or I will always aim to help new players with problems they are having with understanding the rules of the server or if they are having trouble with the mechanics of the game itself and how to do certain things I will never say no to a person that needs help with something we all had to start somewhere. I can remain impartial and show initiative and be empathetic of someone's needs, I do play as a cop most of the time but I also enjoy some passive RP and meeting new people and making new friends.

I have a pretty clean record considering how many years I have been in this community I feel that this shows I am able to follow the rules as a player myself, which I believe is a good attribute to have as a member of the staff team and setting a good example.

Qualities:
Server Rules: I have had plenty of time over the years to know what the rules of the server are and how they are enforced by staff members, I also know what the laws of the server are as I am a corporal within the PLPD

Professional: I am able to conduct myself in a professional manner, I am currently a corporal within the PLPD so this has helped me speak professionally with players especially if I have to deal with something if there are no supervisors on or available.

Friendly: I know people sometimes assume I'm not friendly because I'm Scottish but once people actually get to know me they know I am a sound guy.

I hope friends that you will consider me for this role, I have committed to this community for a long time and it has helped me through some hard times so I would like to give something back. Thank You.

• Your time played on the server must be at least one week. ✔
  • No recent in-game bans, warnings or blacklists on record. ✔
  • You must have extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them. ✔
  • You must have access to and use a microphone. ✔ (Got a new one for Christmas so I don't sound like a robot anymore)
  • You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak server. ✔ I'm on TS when I need to be and I can be more active

Reaction score
355e8d3bbf447d9820d375e507222afe.png

Minus support.
  • Not active on the forums, you literally have 5 posts.
  • Not enough interaction with the community.
  • Never seen you on Teamspeak.
  • I have no idea who you are and this probably goes for a lot of other people too.

Reaction score
+support
@PandaWarrior is a great guy, amazing to play with. I see some people don’t like the fact he barely has interaction on the forums. However, I don’t see this as a problem same with teamspeak. Before I became mod i was never on TS and now after resigning my TS activity is almost non-existent. Same goes for the forums, well i did stay active after resigning, but wasn’t really active before becoming mod. It’s not because some isn’t on TS or posting on the forums, he can’t become active on those platform.
For @Jerry Clarkson, he has good activity in-game. So the only reason you don’t know him , is prob the fact you’re banned.

Reaction score
+support
@PandaWarrior is a great guy, amazing to play with. I see some people don’t like the fact he barely has interaction on the forums. However, I don’t see this as a problem same with teamspeak. Before I became mod i was never on TS and now after resigning my TS activity is almost non-existent. Same goes for the forums, well i did stay active after resigning, but wasn’t really active before becoming mod. It’s not because some isn’t on TS or posting on the forums, he can’t become active on those platform.
For @Jerry Clarkson, he has good activity in-game. So the only reason you don’t know him , is prob the fact you’re banned.
-Support Even though he can be staff without being active on forums, i would still rather someone active on forums to be enforcer. Maybe someone like Tinky Starsky

Reaction score
I’ve spoken with you in-game a few times and you seem like a lovey and hilarious bloke. I don’t doubt your rule knowledge or your ability to enforce them but I honestly do feel like you need to make more of an effort to engage with the wider community before I can offer you my personal support. It’s not a hard thing to do; create guides, reply to suggestions with constructive feedback, post your funny clips, make discussion posts and ectcetera. You’ll build up a reputation in no time and people in the entire community, not just in-game, will come to respect you and appreciate your efforts. As of right now, anyone who doesn’t play the server as actively as you do probably doesn’t know you, so you can understand why they would react negatively to this application.

The reason I say you need a reputation across all the platforms is primarily because you enforce the rules across all of them, not to mention it largely reflects how dedicated you are to the community. Respect, as a staff member, is everything, and you won’t do great without it. Similarly; you should be a respected member of the community before you become staff, not after.

Bottom line is, you should get your forum/discord activity up so you can build a reputation across the community and further show that you're willing to work for this promotion. I think you'd do perfectly well as an Enforcer and you're a fab dude, but this is part of how you prove it.

Just my thoughts, best of luck regardless.

Reaction score
+Support, whilst I can understand a larger presence on the forums would definitely be more helpful to engage with the wider community, I don't see any shortcomings with Darren when it comes to enforcing the rules. My experience with @PandaWarrior when he's been on the server has always been one of immense Joy, a very friendly and funny man who can just about get on with anyone mixed in with the ability to know how to act depending on the context.

Looking at this thread (I know its old):

https://perpheads.com/threads/staff-applications-the-ideal-candidate.26790/

There is not a single point on here that Darren fails to meet.

Reaction score
+ Support Darren is a fantastic guy. always does his utter best to investigate what went down and what is happening. how knowledge on laws/rules is fantastic.
as far as i've seen him he almost never loses his temper,

Darren is pretty active during Night hours/weekends. Which is what the staff lacks right now. Staff on during the night.

Other then that i don't see why he's not qualified to become a enforcer.
+ He fits to all the requirements.
+ He knows enough about the rules
+ His investigation skills are top notch.
+ name one time you've seen Darren mad.
+ He knows how to talk to people when they are in a mood.

a big BIG +

Reaction score
-Support Even though he can be staff without being active on forums, i would still rather someone active on forums to be enforcer. Maybe someone like Tinky Starsky
I must agree with deshawn, someone that wants to be staff on the COMMUNITY should be active across all its platforms to ensure that people are following the rules at all times. After all you're not applying for an enforcer on the server, but the community as a whole

Reaction score
+Support! Darren is great, he's friendly and funny and a very fair guy. He's been helping me out a lot when there is things I don't understand about the rules. He always encourages people that fights in OOC to make an F6 instead of crying in ooc, and helps out players if they need help.
As I said earlier Darren is very fair and I'd say he'd be a great enforcer!

Status
Not open for further replies.