Fight against Cancer

Reaction score
I've decided to make this post to keep a "journal" of my dad's fight against cancer.

First treatment (Chemotherapy):
After my dad's first treatment his tumour has shrunk a few inches which has put a positive view on the battle as it shows he can beat it!

Second treatment (Chemotherapy)
My dad has yet to have his second treatment as it is next week on Thursday.

Reaction score
My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer in December and underwent an operation in February as to which he's still recovering from, always here if you need a chat pal, I know you'll have it hard but i'm sure he'll pull through.

Deleted member 5193

Credit to you mate. My dad has oesophagal cancer, he battled as hard as he possibly could throughout the one year he had. There's times of wanting to give up, feeling unworthy, feeling like it is your time but for anyone suffering with it deep down all they want is a good ending. Unfortunately, as with my Dad, not every outcome is good. But hell, so many people are treated successfully now. I get what you're going through just like @Mooney, feel free to message me if you need someone to chat to.

Reaction score
The Chemo on Thursday was cancelled as his immune system was only 0.9 (too low) so instead it will be this Thursday.
[DOUBLEPOST=1502057989,1492211376][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for not updating for a while!

Deleted member 5193

The Chemo on Thursday was cancelled as his immune system was only 0.9 (too low) so instead it will be this Thursday.
[DOUBLEPOST=1502057989,1492211376][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for not updating for a while!
(Sorry, mobile)

Had a lot of situations like this with my dad - many missed appointments for that reason, just got to try and stay positive. Just because it doesn't seem it right now, things could easily go the right way for him. He will need your support more than anything, take that from experience. Your love and respect will be the only thing that keeps him strong. Stay positive.

Reaction score
He has now went through roughly 20 does of radio therapy and it has shrunk a bit. My dad has decided to try a new treatment from America called immunotherapy via private doctors( Cost is around £50k).

Reaction score
Sad to hear that mate. I hope he will get better soon. Keep fighting, never give up.

Reaction score
Close family friend of mine recently died of Ovarian cancer, it does suck man, but know you aren't the only one going through it. We're all here for you if you need us.

Reaction score
Hello teemo, I would like to do some sort of sponsored activity for you and your father's battle against Cancer, something such as race for life, please can you contact me via personal message on the forums. It is sad to hear of things like this, My best friend of 16 years mother has had to fight cancer 2 times so I sort of know how it feels, nevertheless I can't imagine the emotional rollercoaster you and your family are going on right now. All the best and please do contact me as I would love to raise some money for your father's cause.

Reaction score
Tfw it is free in Denmark. There could be major side effects from this though. It has been proven to be very efficient against skin cancer.
It seems odd to me that your dad has to get it from private doctors, as it is available through public hospitals in Denmark. Probably not as widespread in the UK?
It is only in the beta stages in UK so around 50 grand is a good price and we are fortunate enough to be able to afford it.
We were still waiting on results from recent treatments from North America and they went well.
He has to pick from 1 of 3 treatment options
Small - Small success low risk
Medium - medium success medium risk
Large - Large Success Large Risk
If he takes he a lesser treatment option and it fails he may not be strong enough to go for a higher dosage.
[DOUBLEPOST=1502063566,1502063450][/DOUBLEPOST]Just to let everyone know it is Lung Cancer and he has a small tumour on his lung and an even smaller one on his back which isn't a problem.