Giving Enforcers Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspine

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Description of the idea: gives enforcers the ability to access logs

Why should this be added? (pros):
Allows enforcers to handle sits while their the only staff members online/ the only one not AFK

Enforcers are more prepared for moderator

Enforcers can handle sits on their own
What negatives could this have? (cons): [list of all bad aspects]
Could be abused? Not sure

Reaction score
If this is implemented they may as well just be moderators lol, because dealing with their own sits with logs would then escalate to them needing the ability to ban

Reaction score
Enforcers are not supposed to handle reports which require logs because they are basically in training.

Sam

Reaction score
What @Husky said, but also, enforcer is a first step, it allows SA to see if they can trust the person without giving them too much power. Logs contains a lot of data, and I personally would not want random enforcers to see my real IP, and honestly I don’t think moderators should be able to see IPs either, but that is another discussion.

Giving enforcers more and more permissions makes no sense, when a person is ready they will be promoted to moderator. It’s supposed to be a staff in training rank, imo they should not even have noclip.

Reaction score
@Samuel I was very against giving Enforcers no clip and even access to the report menu, imagine a fresh Enforcer having access to logs.

Sam

Reaction score
@LEWIS 088 yes, I remember being an enforcer, it can feel limited. But it’s for the best, you should not take your own sits... if you know how to do sits and enforce rules you will be promoted rather quickly, it’s literally like probationary Officer.

@LilChicken They do

Reaction score
Denied

All of the points are pretty much summed up by @Samuel and @LEWIS 088 above. Enforcers are not supposed to do complex reports or reports that require logs (Unless they get a mod to supervise it). In addition to this, as mentioned by Samuel the logs contain large amounts of data.

Reaction score
@Murtsley The process is completely different now, you can expect to be an Enforcer for much longer unless you're a previous staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.