Remove Helper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Remove the helper rank

Why should this be added? (pros): There's a reason it was initially removed. The rank is extremely redundant, it's over-saturated with people - even inactive ones - and it serves little to no purpose apart from people getting an ego and backseat moderating things because they have a yellow glowing name. You can do the exact things a helper does as a normal user, it literally offers nothing special minus the ability to blacklist people for some reason. It makes no difference when applying for enforcer, since if you want to get enforcer, you would conduct yourself the same way you would as helper.

Roll back enforcer changes too to accommodate.

What negatives could this have? (cons): People might think it's harder to get enforcer, but I don't think so.

Reaction score
I replied to this before but I’ll rewrite the reply with a more up to date opinion. I feel like there are two main reasons people apply for helper (I won’t include people applying just for the sake of having a rank as that isn’t so much of a problem right now):
  1. To use it as a gateway to become Enforcer or reintroduce themself to the staff team.
  2. To fulfil a genuine passion for helping people.
I have no issue with either of those reasons and they’re perfectly valid reasons to want to be a helper but if people want to help others through roleplay events or teaching new players, this can easily be done without a yellow name/physgun.

However. With the addition of the help and support reports, this gives a genuine use for helpers and really does take some weight off the back of enforcers+ as we can now focus on reports and not have to worry about answering questions.

As for helpers getting the rank to prove their worth for enforcer, it can be a really good way to show your rule and game mode knowledge though F6 reports or help chat and being a helper likely means you will be noticed more by the higher ranked staff, so yeah I’d also say that’s fine as it’s a good way to show you’re up for Enforcer.

All of this said, I’m going with a -support. Had you asked me this question a week ago I would have said helper can go, but like I said, the new help and support reports actually gives helper a useful role. I do think some sort of activity requirement should be implemented though.

Reaction score
helper is baby steps to determine whether a person is fit for an administrative role or not. On the flipside it also allows people to immediately see who is approachable for questions or concerns bam there you go thats my expert opinion

Deleted member 5577

This should happen fairly urgently tbh helper is being given out irresponsibly and makes the server feel more like a dark RP community with excess amounts of staff with a flashy rank which really benefits no one, even with the insane overpopulation of the rank there have been questions unanswered by people using the /help function where community members have stepped in to help how it should be tbh I rarely saw helpers actually using this function which makes them pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.