Go back to the old system of apologies

• Thread starter Deleted member 5577
  • Start date

Deleted member 5577

Description of the idea: Go back to the old system where you'd directly apologise to the staff member that had to deal with you and where they would decide on the outcome of the apology.

Why should this be added? (pros): They have a different perspective they were there in the sit usually and they received witness statements first hand. I don't know exactly what evidence is reviewed when it is now decided amongst three people if someone is unbanned or not but it seems silly to me and doesn't add any fairness because it's not a dispute its someone owning up for their actions and apologising to the involved parties. I feel like this completely erodes any confidence in staff that was previously there as their bans can be overturned without their input.

What negatives could this have? (cons): None

*Other:

https://perpheads.com/threads/ban-appeal-flugs-on-behalf-of-jay-hatch.42266/ @Super_
https://perpheads.com/threads/husky-ban-appeal.42279/post-327601 @Collier

This took less than 30 mins to decide upon I do have some questions regarding this if the people involved wouldn't mind answering them. Were the original victims consulted? Was the staff member who issued the punishment consulted? How did you come to the decision that this user should be unbanned? Why was the method of decision changed?

Deleted member 6228

It's done this way to avoid bias

Deleted member 5577

By that logic shouldn't bans be done that way too?

Reaction score
way too excessive for the sheer volume of bans, simply not achievable a lot of the time

Deleted member 5577

There is always staff complaints if someone feels a staff member is targeting them by not unbanning them after a reasonable time has passed it doesn't make any sense why apologies would be handled by a panel

Deleted member 6228

Bans... are done that way? The banning admin isn't allowed to be involved?

Deleted member 5577

The banning admin isn't allowed to be involved in bans? What?

Deleted member 6228

@LilChicken Can you not read? This is a post about reverting apologies, it was changed to avoid bias, and you bring up the point 'why are bans not done like this?' when ban appeals are already done without the banning admin, what is your point?

Deleted member 5577

@Inchs I'm talking about in-game bans to prove a point I don't think I'm the one who can't read here...

Deleted member 5577

@Husky It makes sense for ban disputes yes but not apologies, I'm not sure they even have made it fairer and less biased for apologies anyway

Deleted member 5577

@Inchs that's when a staff complaint should be used and I don't see any evidence of a staff member targeting a player by keeping them banned

Reaction score
The person who banned them is always involved in the new appeal process, all having another staff member(s) does is allow a more effective review and a non-biased and fair decision.

Reaction score
No thanks, I actually like this new method, and it's good to see administration taking a different approach to it.

I've seen plenty of 6 month bans and the staff member will keep them banned for the sake of it despite being productive within the community and helping out.

Deleted member 5577

If you’re talking about husky I completely disagree and think spaceshots was right to keep him banned as he even said in his latest appeal that he is still going to remain toxic and hasn’t taken this time to change... doesn’t seem like a productive member of the community to me

Sam

Reaction score
Could say the same thing about you, first you ran around with someones IRL name as you character name, then you became the forums sjw and then you escalated to threatening to sue me. But you were given a chance to stay? People don't change... but they can try to not be toxic. @Husky took a big step and asked to be blacklisted from OOC. I don't think you and Husky are so different, both are rule breakers, both have been given several chances.

Deleted member 5577

@Samuel except I don’t own a nazirp server for you to bum lick me over

Deleted member 5577

You literally cry just as much as me? I don’t get what you mean?

Sam

Reaction score
@LilChicken I must say, this is one interesting reply. Not very productive tho.

Are you trying to claim that Husky is bribing staff with whatever he is bribing them/us with? And that this is the reason the appeal system got changed? I am a bit confused. I also have a hard time seeing any bad parts about the new way appeals are handled.

If Husky could get his way cuz he runs a server, would he not be unbanned months ago?