Harris's Enforcer Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4084

Before voting, it'd be much appreciated if you read the whole application.
Hello there, before you question who I am and my name hasn't been seen or my play-time is questioned, I shall state my previous name: WhiteWolf. I've been with PERPHEADS for almost 4 years and in such time I have experienced many situations, had many interactions, seen people come and go and even came and went myself. Recently, I've been feeling I do see myself suiting the role of an enforcer and moderator and feel like it is an absoloute pleasure to hold said rank; this rank entails a job I am willing and believe I can do.

Below I have followed the format, if you have any questions, queries or even thoughts on whether I should become a staff member or not please do feel free leave a lovely reply below and I shall get back to you. Constructive critcism is well advised as I can't do much working on something if I'm not being told what to do better. If you disagree please also explain why, it'd help a lot. If you agree, explain why if you can as this'll help me to stop stressing about one area too much and focus on another area in which I must develop.

STEAM NAME: Harris

IN-GAME NAME: Matt Walker

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:77774968

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER: There are a variety of reasons in which I wish to become an enforcer, and these I do believe to stand out from the rest of many applicants. My play-style for the last while on the server has been a very general, all-reaching play style. I do not only go as an officer, I encourage role-play and attempt to have interactions with the community providing what I can, I become a fire-fighter in which I set-up realistic responses to situations and attempt to make contact with the community by providing free fire-alarm installations, I become a medic and respond realistically and also act realistically by, which may seem like a very minor thing but I drive away when there are shots fired and I do not go with the order or request of entering or going near an area unless I can guarantee the safety of myself. With every point I make I will attempt to provide evidence and witnesses to the event in which took place to allow you to have a deeper understanding of what I actually attempt to promote.

Before I continue with stating the points many may believe I do not understand the criminal aspect of the community at least some may believe so, but I have been involved in many criminal organisations over the years. I do know the side and completely understand it, whilst I'm not familiar with the new drug system, it doesn't change my knowledge of it. Over time you can get swayed away from it as it becomes repetitive and boring and so-to-say uninteresting for someone who had been on the 'criminal' side for years. I'd like to make it very clear that I am not swayed by the title a person holds, if you are a police officer and you do something wrong I will state it as I have done many times, one incident in which @GraveDinosaur witnessed on 13.04.2019 at early hours in the morning in which an officer was conducting themselves in a very unruly manner; they ran over two officers in which they quoted to be an accident, the said person then continued to pop the tires of an innocent civillian and refused to pay, and then when they did pay the person paid thousands of dollars under the said amount which'd be reasonable for criminal damages. They dropped $440 and then $69 and ran away, got in a vehicle, drove away and then resigned in which case I managed to intervene and take the suspect into custody.

I have been involved in a situation in which a criminal was arguing their charges in which they have every right to do so, I conducted myself proffessionally and went through the laws they could've been charged with, however, we then discussed it and eventually came to the correct sentencing of the suspect (some laws do need adjustments) and this person was @Samuel in which I arrested for Possession of Explosives and Incindieries after going through at least 4 different laws and having a 20 minute conversation in doing so. Whilst this may seem not so time-effective it did help me have a greater understanding as the situation was very difficult to get a grasp of and taking everything into account in this specific situation was quite the task.

[PLM] - Paralake Medical is a GP surgery (for those who are within the United Kingdom, you will understand what this is and for those who weren't I made it understandable by stating it is a doctor in which you visit when you are ill, medication would be prescribed if need-be). During which time I only did have one patient register and that was @Testa whom of which did go through a general medical examination and is now a registered patient. This allows them to book appointments with me when they are ill and in said situation they would be looked at, medically, and given the correct treatment. A first time appointment costs $100 to book and then $50 each appointment after that, the reason there is a low price is so I don't go completely broke when purchasing painkillers, bandages or other medication. It allows some form of realism as in America you are required to pay for appointments and treatment. In addition, I do charge low-fees for treatment so then I can continue doing what I do without the hassle or shortage of money (Testa ensured this didn't happen by donating a generous amount).

Finally, I have been awarded one of the biggest honours a person can achieve when a normal player on PERPHEADS. The roleplay acknowledgement award (if you look at my signature at the bottom of this thread I have a picture of the award there) in which was awarded to me as I was consistently providing a fire service to the community, setting up an office and conducting realistic manouvers and using tactics when being a firefighter. When I did this, it was very rare for there to be a fire and the pay was very low. I did this simply because of the role-play aspect, I pretended to install fire alarms at people's houses and now, they're a thing; I bought smoke detectors in bulk and asked people to book appointments for fire-safety, what to do in a fire and I evaluate the property to find fire hazards in which I point out and advise that if there were a fire, what is the current escaple plan. If the plan could be improved I tell them and tell them what to do in a fire, if they have none I draft a plan.

These are all just a number of role-play situations I have found myself to have conducted. These are just showing how I've interacted with the community and that I have done well, and in doing so I have made people's experience better in some cases. I have encouraged people to follow the rules and do some role-play. These are things I believe I could not only develop as a staff member but I also do truly believe I could do a good job as a staff member. Being able to assist players in a much more advanced way with an authority I will have to ensure players enjoy their experience and have a good time. I wish to maintain some form of order and allow myself to bring a greater understanding of the rules to players whom of which may not understand some rules too well themselves (and I'm not saying other staff members can't do this, it's just sometimes some players don't ask for that help and I wish to change that by approaching them).

My aim is to make the little changes which result in bigger changes, to be able to assist the community with what they need. I have been extremely active since I have returned and have made myself adjust to the changes in which I thought was very nice to do so. It has been just under 4 years since my last application in which had many flaws but I believe myself to have matured and understand everything in a much broader way, and when I say that I mean that I can explain things with great detail, I can understand things in great detail and I can enforce things with the utmost proffessionalism.

Acquiring the rank of enforcer would be a title I take with the best of honours. I do understand that many years ago I have been involved in things which have resulted in me being punished. However, I do hope you understand I am doing much better as I understand everything much clearer and have matured over time and I do believe this to be pretty clear in not only my precense on the forums but the attitude of this application, the way I conduct myself in certain situations on the server and how my attitude can change dependent on the situation at hand.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: I have been more active recently than before and the primary reason for me not being so active is due to the lag-spikes in which I encounter when I have teamspeak running. I only have a laptop in which has 4GB of ram and so running teamspeak or anything but Garry's Mod alongside the game causes some serious issues sometimes. I have modified my game to run a bit better than generally would and so I can be more active, however, this may still be a difficulty. I do hope this doesn't affect my application. I do come on occasionally, however, I am not on it consistently.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY: I do truly hope I manage to aquire the position and I wish to gain experience and learn as I go. I wish to make a difference in the community and be able to respond to anyone when they require assistance. I am regularly looking in the help chat to provide a detailed response and I refrain, which I do so very easily, from arguing if I believe something is wrong in a situation where many others would generally take to the Out of Character (OOC) chat. This is something I have not done and have had needed very little effort to tackle. I simply report it and see where it gets taken from there and every situation has been resolved as I very knowingly understand that it fumes the fire at hand and makes everything worse, resulting in many being given punishments.

In general, I am a very approachable person and this can make me a somewhat better candidate, not only can I reach out to people in a sensible manner I have a personality in which I can maintain a situation and keep it calm. If it gets out of hand I can control it and calm everyone down. I have demonstrated this in many situations that I hope the community can support me on.

REQUIREMENTS:

In order for your application to be considered you must meet the following requirements:

1. Your time played on the server must be at least one week. - My playtime on the server, as of writing this, stands at 2 months, 5 days and 3 hours.
  2. No warnings within the last month or bans within the last 3 months, this includes both the forums and the server. - My record has been clean from bans since September 4th 2017 and warnings since August 9th 2016.
  3. You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them. - I believe I do so as almost every report I have made, recently, has been dealt with in a proper manner.
  4. You must have access to and use a microphone. - I do indeed.
  5. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server - I have been recently. I have stated my reasons for not being so active in the question "Are you active on the teamspeak?"
Thank you for taking your time to read this.
- Harris.

Deleted member 4084

I don't believe so. I believe that was either a joke or didn't happen.
If you own the Morgan Aero then yes that was a joke. If not I don't believe that even happened.

Reaction score
I have seen you around recently and you make a serious impression, you seem friendly enough and definitely willing to help others out. Not sure how long you have been back for exactly but you have been fairly active. Additionally, this Enforcer application is very well written and as a long-standing member, it is safe to assume you know the rules well.

One of 2 of the only ARs I have ever made in my life was on you, but even then you were super friendly to me after it got accepted and I still feel bad for making it lmao

Good luck

Deleted member 4084

that is cute cheers coll. and its all cool
i was a very immature child at one point

Deleted member 4084

My activity varies. Almost always on between 11:30pm and 3:30am.
Depends on what I'm doing that day, most days I hang out in town and well. I am quite active when I am on, spending a minimum of 4 hours.

Google Chrome

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I understand that but I just said that I have not seen you that much while i have been playing for this month or the last one and I have 80h in 2 weeks on the server maybe more

Deleted member 4084

@Google Chrome Understood. I can't really do much else to prove my activity, however, excluding what you see of me. Is there anything else I could improve that you know of?

Reaction score
I've known Harris for a while and we have had our ups and downs but overall he is a really friendly guy who puts others first. As much as i dont see him that often in game, i always see him in OOC and Help Chat helping others out. I think with a bit more in-game activity you would be a perfect candidate. Apart from this i would happily give a +support.

Reaction score
I don't entirely know who you are but that's probably a good thing as the only people who stick out for me in OOC are people I'm friends with or people who are Toxic. You've probably been helpful enough in your own eyes to apply for enforcer and since I haven't personally seen much of you or remember you in the slightest I cannot support this application, but I wish you luck regardless. My opinion is subject to change based on what I see of you in the server and on the forums however so I hope the next comment I make regarding this application is a positive one.

Mim

Reaction score
I have known Matt for quite a while as his previous identity of WhiteWolf. He is super friendly and knows his stuff, great roleplayer. Wish you the best of luck +Support

Deleted member 4084

I feel the many criticisms are towards my activity in which I am active just quite late at night and when I am on I spend between 4-9 hours a day and this has been so for quite some times.

Aside from the criticisms towards my supposed activity, are there any other criticisms?

Reaction score
Hello with your recent post on PLPD.online stating "First of all I'd like to saying regardless of the pros to this I completely and utterly will forever be against this." shows in my eyes. That you wont listen to new information given to you in an admin sit. I do not feel someone who makes bull headed openers like this do not fit the role of enforcer/mod. Mods and enforcers need to able to change their opinion when new information or a new point of view comes to light. With the post mentioned above. I do not feel you would be able to do that.

Deleted member 4084

I apologise if that may have came off strong but I was stating my opinion to a suggestion in the PLPD.
The suggestion was to, virtually, remove the need for the roadcrew job.

This doesn't mean I am unable to many perform duties and nor does it revolve any way or form around the concept of rule enforcement. If a rule were to be broken it'd be a whole different situation; this in-fact was a suggestion that I did provide constructive criticism to back up my point in which you can see "Instead the road traffic unit should advise people over the broadcast system and places cones notifying the drives of oncoming vehicles in which are abandoned. If required, the lane should be completely shut off. If you were to suggestion caution boards in which officers place down and can write something on it to caution people from driving that way, then this would be much more realistic and suitable for the situation at hand." and whilst I also say that, it is a Police Department matter.

I back up my point quite strongly and I will say that there isn't much to be said other than, yes, it is a suggestion which will allow the RTU to remove vehicles if there are no roadcrew, however, it is an idea in which still could be altered, or entirely changed. I just don't want the department to become so advanced with powers they simply don't need to have; Mayor's can promote being a road-crew and so can police by broadcasting it and in many situations, people join the job.

A1L

Reaction score
+Support

Since meeting Harris and seeing him around, been nothing but fun and a pleasant surprise, good law and rule knowledge, very friendly person and a good person to play with. Think he'd make a great Enforcer if he had the chance to. Good luck :)

Reaction score
if it's something utterly fucking stupid, such as essentially removing roadcrew, why shouldn't he reply in such a manner

you specifically removed context from the statement in order to make him appear "bull-headed" when you're evidently just not the brightest

also stop shitting on everyone who opposes the idea of giving the pd the ability to fulfil every single fucking job on the server and more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.