Headset or separate microphone?

Buy a new headset or buy a separate microphone?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Right, my fatty mic on my SteelSeries Siberia V2 just went to the shitter. I still really like the audio quality on this and don't want to change it.
Should I just buy a new headset, or should I buy a separate microphone instead?

If you say separate microphone, then please suggest which ones.
Budget is under 400kr (33 pounds, 48 dollars, 43 euros)
AKA don't make it so fucking expensive.

Reaction score
I got a seperate mic, a Samson GTrack. It is amazing. The sad part about it being seperate is that it is so good, and standing so close to my keyboard that whenever I play games while chatting over teamspeak I go. "Watch out, he's *clickclickclick*! Take the *clickclickclick*." Unless you are planning on doing some recording or anything, a headset mic is more than good enough.

Edit: Here's an example of a recording:

Reaction score
I recommend the blue snowball ice, it's affordable and sounds amazing, I got mine for $50 USD, it's separate and if you have a bit of space on your desk, it fits in fine.

Reaction score
Buy a modmic, problem solved. Then you should probably buy a pair headphones because gaming headsets sucks.

Reaction score
I was going to buy a separate but ended up deciding to go for a headset. The one I have is https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LNJZTTY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .

This is a pretty decent, but unknown headset, however the wires have tangled pretty easily which was annoying, but the Mic is excellent and the Audio is also pretty decent, and it isn't too expensive.

Edit: Just re-read your post and noticed you wanted to just rebuy the one you already had BUT I'll just keep this here anyways :p