joey's helper application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: joey

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:52628136

IN-GAME NAME: Zovetta Aren

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:
I really enjoy PERP. I am quite a stickler for the rules and want a way that I can help other users in a more official way, I think helper would be a great way for me to move back forward into helping push out better roleplay and just a bit less stress on staff members. I don't see much struggle in putting more time into helping other users, it's always quite fun to help and teach newer players and get them into the swing of RP on PH. I've got a heavy presence in the PD compared to other areas of RP, there's a lot of times where rulebreakers happen surrounding police roleplay and it will be useful for a staff member to regularly be about looking out for it, I want to use my time as a cop to help without dragging other staff members in, taking them away from roleplay.

I like to resolve things without punishments being handed out if possible, I genuinely believe Helper would let me do this easier and without wasting others' time. Also, I love the community, I've had most my fun online with this server, the countless hours I've put in make me think I should give back if I can, I want this to be a method of it.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?
I've had a lot of experience with the community, I understand the meta developing around contact between staff and users; it's much more comfortable for users when staff is able to have an open dialogue with them, explaining their decisions and actions in a calm, collected manner - I have proven to not lose my temper OOC and have a great rapport with most staff and users.
I've also proven to be open to learning and taking criticism in the past years, this used to be one of my major flaws. The meta of how rules are enforced and dictated is constantly changing to best fit the community: helpers are at the forefront of this to be able to prevent and teach before other staff members need to get involved.

I used to be really cocky and self-righteous, now I take a lighthearted and fun approach to roleplay. This really helps give a friendlier attitude to other players and just be more likeable than usual, trying never to be bigotted with my opinions on the rules, asking staff members for advice if I need it, this shows that I'm willing to admit I'm wrong when I am. It's not that I never clash heads with someone, I just try and be respectful when we disagree. Alongside this, I don't take things personally anymore, it's a game and we should all understand that most of the time things can be resolved and I know I can help people on a path to that.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:
I used to be a moderator on the server 2016-17, it gave me a good sense of the rules developing on the server and knowing how staff members should go about helping users with them.
I was an administrator on Typhon for a while, was very different from PERP so I don't think it's too relevant to PH.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:

When I was staff in 2016-17, I did make some mistakes and didn't behave too well during the last couple of months of it. I don't want to hide anything I did back then, it happened and I've never abused power I've had since. Here's a record of it:
  • A situation in the police department where I and another staff member were constantly murdering each other, reviving then slaying. This triggered a tonne of life alerts and just disrupted roleplay.
  • Abusing my physgun to throw an RC truck about and trapping it under a door on purpose.
  • Used noclip to fly back to drug dealer after a script error didn't allow me to buy drugs <- as a moderator. Doesn't seem too awful but it's unfair and abuse.
  • Built a base that directed movement heavily and lied about it being authorized by an Admin
  • Said some disgusting and racist things to two other staff members
The last three happened in the space of 3 weeks and were bang out of order.

I was banned once for shooting someone through a wall after seeing their gun:
1595595422313.png

None of my warnings are on public record anymore but here they all are. I made some early mistakes on PERP but haven't been on the wrong side of the rules for 4 years now:
1595595319157.png
1595595325098.png
1595595331631.png
1595595338545.png
1595595344734.png
1595595352010.png

Reaction score
+Support he is extremely friendly and helpful to people on the server, I remember back in 2016 when he was the first one to give me a Senior Officer SJT And he has stayed the same since.

Reaction score
I really enjoy PERP
huh swear you said not even 2 months ago that perp isn't fun anymore and it hasn't been for a while.

I like to resolve things without punishments being handed out if possible
1595600618398.png
d30f6877def6e410d4d25d025612aa66.png
(Clearly meming this incase it needs explained)
Are you actually active? I know I haven't been the most active recently but I can't remember seeing you on a lot?

I like a lot of points your points in this app though

Reaction score
There was a tonne of things I thought needed changing about perp a couple of months back, the staff has made a tonne of steps towards better community -> staff communication. Been able to be properly active since I moved into a permanent living situation uno

Reaction score
You werent the best staff member before but that was a long time ago. I feel as though you becoming a helper would be beneficial for you to become enforcer again should you want that.

I support this application, best of luck pal.

Reaction score
This person is actually a very helpful member of the community and I would love for this person to become a Helper here as he definitely could be an asset to the team. He has my full vouch...............

Reaction score
+Support

I've been around for a while and ShadowJoey was always a moderately adequate person, more recently he seems to have developed a sense of humour which is a nice touch in my opinion. Don't let the fact that he was once staff sway your opinion, I'm a complete arsehole and even I held down moderator for a good while.

Status
Not open for further replies.