Leaving due to UI making server physically uncomfortable.

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. You know me as John Perkins fire fighter axe murderer and somehow twice firefighter of the year despite my best efforts.

With the new UI I get a literal headache and my request for a tick option for accessibility was insta-denied so I unfortunately have to quit the server due to the literal irl headache I get from the new UI due to my screwed eyesight and it seems that will never change based on the speed at which my request was denied. But if it does I'll return.

I'll still keep my siren and engine sound pack available to anyone who wants it via DM and give advice to anyone who wants to try and organize PLFD better than I did. Now for the obligatory shoutouts.

Prepper: Based man.
Chris Flyn: Ma boy, the legend.
John Mawr: You aren't on as much but you worked with me to grow the PLFD and i respect that.
Satella: Slay queen yasss.
Amy best: Learn to drive.
Efan: Best manager.
Freddy: Being based. No really you've assisted me quite abit and worked with me on things. You're more than the face of the community.
Boris Lagunov: The slipperiest man known alive. Someone capture him.

Reaction score
I'm unsure if this post is genuine or an excuse in a community where chronic lying is common, but in case you're serious:

The issue iterated can be attributed to the computer vision syndrome, while I also dislike the interface, I don't believe that its specific visual weight would necessarily cause any eye disorders, except if you're fifty and diagnosed with age-related eye degeneration

It's best if you see a doc for your condition and get one of those blue light glasses with a diopter strength, most of the time, user interface designers do a poor job, which would disallow you to use the computer as a whole let alone play on the server if you get this irritated from minimal exposure to a UI

Yes, good luck and goodbye for now

Reaction score
I'm unsure if this post is genuine or an excuse in a community where chronic lying is common, but in case you're serious:

The issue iterated can be attributed to the computer vision syndrome, while I also dislike the interface, I don't believe that its specific visual weight would necessarily cause any eye disorders, except if you're fifty and diagnosed with age-related eye degeneration

It's best if you see a doc for your condition and get one of those blue light glasses with a diopter strength, most of the time, user interface designers do a poor job, which would disallow you to use the computer as a whole let alone play on the server if you get this irritated from minimal exposure to a UI

Yes, good luck and goodbye for now
I think I have the blue light filter on right now but not sure about the diopter as i don't know what that means. Unfortunately it'll probably be a few years since technically i don't have insurance right now, i have no money, and technically not a citizen of any state due to shitty situation. So yeah i'll be gone for quite awhile then due to shitty america and shitty 60 year olds who fuck up people lives cause they're unhappy.

Reaction score
Hayden trying to justify bulldozing through 4 civilians on the pd pavement as a cop on 29th of March:
With the new UI I get a literal headache and my request for a tick option for accessibility was insta-denied so I unfortunately have to quit the server due to the literal irl headache I get from the new UI due to my screwed eyesight and it seems that will never change based on the speed at which my request was denied. But if it does I'll return.

Reaction score
Is there no possible way to make it an option to swap back and forth? Perhaps, as lower resolution UI adjusts the appearance of the Q menu, the old NPC ui could be used as the “lower resolution” version. I don’t have a great understanding of source or UI coding at all and am just tossing out an idea, but I also would like to be able to use the old UI

Reaction score
Is there no possible way to make it an option to swap back and forth? Perhaps, as lower resolution UI adjusts the appearance of the Q menu, the old NPC ui could be used as the “lower resolution” version. I don’t have a great understanding of source or UI coding at all and am just tossing out an idea, but I also would like to be able to use the old UI
Not gonna hold y’all it’s a preference thing, but this is the best solution, it’s the middle ground imo. I get theres probably a good bit of work out in to the new one and ongoing work to improve it however players should have the freedom to pick their preferred UI because, if possible, i don’t imagine it would hurt to let someone choose what menu style they’re comfortable with.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree that just making it smaller would be an easy fix. I think it should also have a background container to increase the contrast between the background and the buttons. Maybe a darker, semi-transparent backdrop? There isn't much value gained from having a transparent background since it's usually the NPC's model showing through anyways.

On a side note, I think the community should act more grown-up and be more open to changes instead of shitting on the devs for making the UI more modern, I would understand if features were taken away but it's literally the same UI in a different format. I find it hard to believe that it could cause so much visual upset that would warrant stopping playing the game, especially coming from someone who plays firefighter which involves staring at 30 fires simultaneously wiggling in bright red while using a firehose which shakes the camera.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree that just making it smaller would be an easy fix. I think it should also have a background container to increase the contrast between the background and the buttons. Maybe a darker, semi-transparent backdrop? There isn't much value gained from having a transparent background since it's usually the NPC's model showing through anyways.

On a side note, I think the community should act more grown-up and be more open to changes instead of shitting on the devs for making the UI more modern, I would understand if features were taken away but it's literally the same UI in a different format. I find it hard to believe that it could cause so much visual upset that would warrant stopping playing the game, especially coming from someone who plays firefighter which involves staring at 30 fires simultaneously wiggling in bright red while using a firehose which shakes the camera.
It's the lack of defined edges that are giving me pain. Fires are easy to see, even real ones you are 2 ft from inside a burning shipping container (man that was fun in class) or a burning car or burning propane tank or a shed with a really nice RV that sadly burned up. I cant tell where the edges are in the current one, i cant see where to click as it blends all together, and they feel like they're shoving me back. Not every vision issue is the same.