[LoP] Different Crippled Limbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Part of a series of requests from a union of paramedics who mainly enjoy and play as paramedics, seeking better gameplay as the most important profession of PERP.

Previous suggestions from the League of Paramedics:
- EMS Rework
- Paramedic Improved Teamwork

GUIDE TO LEAGUE OF PARAMEDICS' [LoP] SUGGESTIONS:
- Numbers such as (1), (2). (3) indicate main ideas
- Letters such as (A), (B), (C), indicate different possible options/alternatives to a mechanic/concept

Description of the idea:

153px-Medic_FO4.png

(1) Allow paramedics to heal specific body parts, with bandages or med-kit. A paramedic should be able to heal specifically the legs the same way a shooter is able to injure specifically the legs, and if (2) and (3) are accepted, heal the arms and head specifically as well.

latest

(2) Just like crippled legs, add a chance to suffer "Crippled Arms" when shot in the arms. Crippled arms could have one or a combination of the following effects until healed at the hospital or bandaged by a paramedic:
  • (A) Chance to drop currently equipped weapon. For police only they would be able to pick back their own weapons.
  • (B) Chance to unequip currently equipped weapons. This means that if you're holding your firearm, you'd be reset to "Hands & Keys".
  • (C) Lower accuracy.
  • (D) Chance to interrupt/fail an action such as crafting, bandaging, reloading a gun with its magazine or loading a magazine with its ammo.

latest

(3) Just like crippled legs, add a chance to suffer "Concussion" when hit in the head with a blunt weapon and when revived by a paramedic. This means that any person that gets knocked unconscious and is revived will always need to get healed by a medic or at the hospital in order to get rid of the effects. Concussion could have one or a combination of the following effects:
  • (A) Blurry screen.
  • (B) Tinnitus.
  • (C) Lower accuracy.
  • (D) Unable to perform complex motor skills such as crafting and perhaps even driving vehicles.

Why should this be added? (pros):
+ (1) (2) (3) Realistic
+ (1) No more child-like cure-all. Currently the med-kit is not a serious tool, in the sense that you slap someone with it in the chest and their legs heal as well as their general physique.
+ (2) Crippled leg's twin, with interesting and fun effects that can turn a shootout around if you lose your gun for even a split second.
+ (3) Harder to combat revive or unrealistically have a person shoot you down when they've just been brought back to life a second ago, since you will be awfully handicapped until you get healed.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- (3) If it wasn't already, it'd make blunt weapons like baseball bat terribly OP (if it isn't already). This would call for a nerf to baseball bat, perhaps have a longer swing animation and a longer swing cooldown.
- (1) Perhaps difficult to code although probably the easiest from all three, you just need to localize hits from medkits the same way gunshots are localized among the different areas of the body.
- (2A) (2B) Perhaps the most difficult to code and controversial because it messes with weapons equipped.
- (3D) Perhaps difficult to code depending on the "complex motor skills"

*Other additions: -

General idea by @Devon Stewart

Reaction score
Healing options don't really make sense, I'd say that healing should just take a while so people don't get themselves healed and then run back into a shootout.

No for crippled arms.

Yes for concussion.

Crippled arms are going to be absolutely cancer. Random chances in a gamemode like this don't fit. I don't want to rely on RNG when I am in a shootout, you almost ALWAYS get hit in the arms so you would ALWAYS have crippled arms in every shootout. Maybe lower accuracy is good but all that RNG shit can suck my willy.

Concussion on the other hand is a very good idea. Like it a lot.

Reaction score
Isn't it the same for crippled legs though? As in, RNG to screw you over since losing the ability to sprint is a pretty big deal? The chance could be way lower than for crippled legs, or maybe different chances for the different effects (i.e. more chance to lower your accuracy but vastly less chance to unequip your weapon)

Otherwise the unequipping weapon idea can be scrapped and keep other effects

Reaction score
I wouldn't call getting crippled RNG as it is almost always your own fault or because someone shot you in the leg. With RNG I mean the weapon dropping randomly

Reaction score
@Synatec
I wouldn't call getting crippled RNG as it is almost always your own fault or because someone shot you in the arm
Replaced "leg" with "arm", I don't see how it is any different. Also I don't know what are the chances of you getting crippled after getting shot in the legs, but the same way you only get leg-crippled if you get shot in the legs, you could get arm-crippled if you get shot in the arm. Both have RNG. There's no difference between them.

Although the chance could be even lower than for leg cripple. You also have no proof to say that you almost always get hit in the arm during shootouts, and even if, this also doesn't mean that you would have crippled arms in every shootout. If the chance to unequip a weapon is 2% per bullet, you will be dead long before you accumulate enough bullets to statistically be arm-crippled.

Also if you get arm-crippled and are behind cover, you can still save yourself by equipping your gun again, much like you can survive if you are leg-crippled and behind cover. In fact I'd argue if you are in the open you have much more survival chances if you get arm-crippled than leg-crippled, because if you're arm-crippled you can still sprint to cover and re-equip your gun, if you're leg crippled you can't do that and it's irreversible because you can't pick up your legs after you're leg-crippled, but you can pick up your weapon after you're arm-crippled.

Reaction score
Wouldn’t work, would be more of an annoyance than a cool feature. Having crippled legs is already fried cancer as is.

This seems like a massive amount of work for something that would only enrage and annoy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.