Marksmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/marksmanship.33880/

Main Idea: Marksmanship is to be toned down to be more available overall to everyone, or removed completely.

Full description of the idea: Marksmanship as stated in the discussion is a flawed system. It takes millions of dollars and months to grind to get it not even level 100. People can get absolutely overwhelmed by this, not to mention doing it for 4 different weapon types. If marksmanship is cut out or is cut down, it would make gunfights far more balanced.

As suggsted by @Mage people will be refunded around 3k for every level.

If we do decide we should keep marksmanship but tone it down, it should be levels 1-8 or like 20. The final level should be like 100 marksmanship and should take around 75K to get it to max for every level as oppose to millions.

Why should it be added?: This will make gunfights and raids far more balanced and not one-sided to a player who has spent the millions needed for marksmanship.

Pros:
More balanced gunfights
Easier for new players and returning players to get into the groove

Cons:
Endgame is easier to reach
People may get upset with being refunded only 3k

*Other additions: None that I can think of

marksmanship.png

Reaction score
I've got so much support for this, I never ever try to get marksmanship up and it will be easier for the new people and people who just can't be asked to level up to shoot and show their skills.

Reaction score
I can see the frustration of the new players and in a way I support this, though I still do believe that you should be able to train your marskmanship. Atleast the implementation of the marskmanship gave the players a way to progress their characters and something to work towards. Perhaps the marskmanship only need a little bit of tuning to make it more fair for other players. I do still believe it should be pricy since it would still give an edge.

And pls don't refund money back to players who grinded Marskmanship, they're rich enough anyways.

Reaction score
This would be aids because everyone would want 5 strength and there will be no one to craft guns its better just put marksmanship as 1-8 and give everyone who has 100 marksmanship 8/8 and like 2k per level. Then theres no SMG, pistol, shotgun marksmanship its all just under marksmanship and then new players would have a better chance and there will be more of a defined skill gap between players skill.
Whats even the point of making it 8 levels if its gonna be that low then just totally remove it.

Reaction score
Yes can you not refund money to the 100 marksmanship people
Im sure they dont need it
Would be unfair if all that grinding we did was pointless. People spent over 800k and 100hrs just trying to get 100/100 rifle marskmanship. I think we do deserve something in return maybe a gold m4 or ak as a trophy for making it to 100/100. (give me a gold ak not m4 pls)

Reaction score
@Fredy PÅLEASE DO THIS AS IT WILL INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF NEW PLAYERS COMING IN AND ITS WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANTS!!! YAY PERP!!! GO

this reply is not a fucking BUMP, DON'T DELETE AGAIN pls

Reaction score
We should Keep the marksmanship system, but nerf it, making it so your shots will actually hit where the sights line up to as opposed to random inaccuracies. Just make marksmanship reduce the upwards recoil and sideways recoil so you can actually control bursts.

Reaction score
lmao normies that didnt catch on when me and d3lux saw that the sniper ammo recipe was wrong on the first day of weapon update 2 years ago and we crafted a box for like 1.5k each because they didnt add refined metal to the recipe :laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

Deleted member 4116

100 marksmanship and no comp

no comp btw
45557961a8d782c4c5613f1e93fb7662.gif

Reaction score
I completely agree, new players just join the server, buy their first rifle then they can't aim for shit. They end up having no money and quitting. I think it needs to be removed or just fixed. ( Refund the players who have invested like a million into it ).

Reaction score
A huge part in this game is gunfights, lets face it.
New players will struggle getting anything leveled up enough to make a weapon useful ,and yes it does cost a fortune and makes gunfights unfair.
Old players with max level simply roflstomp with this system which is fun and makes them feel pro, i know been there and done it myself in plenty of progression based games.

BUT,new players know this so too, that leaves new players 2 options grind milions to get up there, or leave and lets face it we can use a bigger playerbase covering the 24 hour time cycle , right?

So the solution , lower the weapon levels or even better simply increase(double) the xp gained for shooting a gun , so work is still required.
New players will feel like they can actually get somewhere without having to spent an exorbitant amount of money to even use a pistol accurately. New players will therefore be willing and more likely to stay with this server because at least it is a bit more fair .
Old players at the very least have the joy of encountering more potential targets to raid and shoot at when the server retains more players.

Status
Not open for further replies.