Marksmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/marksmanship.33880/

Main Idea: Marksmanship is to be toned down to be more available overall to everyone, or removed completely.

Full description of the idea: Marksmanship as stated in the discussion is a flawed system. It takes millions of dollars and months to grind to get it not even level 100. People can get absolutely overwhelmed by this, not to mention doing it for 4 different weapon types. If marksmanship is cut out or is cut down, it would make gunfights far more balanced.

As suggsted by @Mage people will be refunded around 3k for every level.

If we do decide we should keep marksmanship but tone it down, it should be levels 1-8 or like 20. The final level should be like 100 marksmanship and should take around 75K to get it to max for every level as oppose to millions.

Why should it be added?: This will make gunfights and raids far more balanced and not one-sided to a player who has spent the millions needed for marksmanship.

Pros:
More balanced gunfights
Easier for new players and returning players to get into the groove

Cons:
Endgame is easier to reach
People may get upset with being refunded only 3k

*Other additions: None that I can think of

marksmanship.png

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
I completely agree, new players just join the server, buy their first rifle then they can't aim for shit. They end up having no money and quitting. I think it needs to be removed or just fixed. ( Refund the players who have invested like a million into it ).
Don't need marksmanship when you cheat smh.

Reaction score
pXjhOWt0kASsihCT1kZX5A_r.jpg

Reaction score
I know this thread is ded, but I just wanted to bring up the fact that new players joining keep the server alive, because older players will go and newer players will join. If the newer players are turned away by the idea of marksmanship the cycle breaks leading to server death.

Tl;dr, if you really want to keep marksmanship because you spent it, it wont be worth much if PERP is empty.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
I know this thread is ded, but I just wanted to bring up the fact that new players joining keep the server alive, because older players will go and newer players will join. If the newer players are turned away by the idea of marksmanship the cycle breaks leading to server death.

Tl;dr, if you really want to keep marksmanship because you spent it, it wont be worth much if PERP is empty.
The old players were once the new players that chose to stay at one point when Marksmanship was still a thing. What makes people play the server is because it's challenging,if everything is spoon fed people will just turn into vegtables and we all may as well just be bots on CS or like @Jay on Fortnite.

The old players are the ones who kept perp alive when the playerbase dropped to around 30 at peak times as it does every year. Some of us like @John Daymon will never leave.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5920

At the moment new players find it hard to get started and one of the biggest reasons why is they cannot make money. One of the reasons why they cannot make money is due to the fact that it's near on impossible to grow without being raided. This is not a bad thing however it is a bad thing when new players have to defend with pistols and shotguns versus fully automatic rifles wielded by people with 100/100 marksmanship. Now I think the marksmanship system has a place in PERPHeads, no one can question that as it gives you another thing to grind on however where the issue lies is the expensive nature of levelling it up. I do not suggest we make it easy to level up within the range but rather easier to level up in ordinary gunfights. This would give new players a chance to level up their marksmanship whilst defending from raid or getting into other shootouts.

Basically make it easier to level it up in gunfights rather than having to spend money on shooting range. It will encourage newer players to use rifles and if they really want they can get it faster instead of letting it naturally progress.

Reaction score
I think this would be a great idea tbh as it wouldnt effect the current old players as they already have there marksmanship maxed. Also then maybe it wouldn’t only be 2 orgs fighting on the server as new players get a chance to use a rifle with 100 marksmanship.

Deleted member 5920

Yeah exactly, the issue with my org is like half of them can't use any rifles haha. @Luxin

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
At the moment new players find it hard to get started and one of the biggest reasons why is they cannot make money. One of the reasons why they cannot make money is due to the fact that it's near on impossible to grow without being raided. This is not a bad thing however it is a bad thing when new players have to defend with pistols and shotguns versus fully automatic rifles wielded by people with 100/100 marksmanship. Now I think the marksmanship system has a place in PERPHeads, no one can question that as it gives you another thing to grind on however where the issue lies is the expensive nature of levelling it up. I do not suggest we make it easy to level up within the range but rather easier to level up in ordinary gunfights. This would give new players a chance to level up their marksmanship whilst defending from raid or getting into other shootouts.

Basically make it easier to level it up in gunfights rather than having to spend money on shooting range. It will encourage newer players to use rifles and if they really want they can get it faster instead of letting it naturally progress.
I dont think Marsmanship is the problem. More legal ways to moke mo ey could help, a new player could make the same amount as drugs by fishing at the beach not being able to get mugged. Dont grow drugs unless you excpect to be raided.

Deleted member 5920

I know but if they don't grow drugs then there's no one to raid therefor making it boring for players like us.

Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/marksmanship.33880/
It takes millions of dollars and months to grind to get it not even level 100. People can get absolutely overwhelmed by this, not to mention doing it for 4 different weapon types. If marksmanship is cut out or is cut down, it would make gunfights far more balanced.

It is very pricey, but it for sure doesn't take "months of grinding", i've went from 30 to 80 within 24 hours in rifle marksmanship...

Status
Not open for further replies.