Moderators overstepping their bounds and enforcing rules that do not exist (BOOMER THREAD 2.0)

Reaction score
Most likely because the user who received the punishment posted a video on the forums of himself blatantly breaking a server rule and even stated they’re fine with being punished? This video of him incriminating himself served no real purpose and it therefore doesn’t make a difference whether it’s left open or not.
The problem is closing the thread. Sure, banning the guy is fair game, but there was no need to stop all discussion. Plus, guy couldn't give less of a toss about being banned, he literally came back for the first time and got booted off.

Reaction score
Most likely because the user who received the punishment posted a video on the forums of himself blatantly breaking a server rule and even stated they’re fine with being punished? This video of him incriminating himself served no real purpose and it therefore doesn’t make a difference whether it’s left open or not.
So anyone should be warned for anything that is rule-breaking, despite both parties being fine with it? I can think of about 100 scenarios that happens daily where people are liable to warnings, but since it is for the lols, it's fine. If no one is impacted by it, why the fuck give a shit. It's players having fun in a different way, you really gonna strike down on the few players that are still enjoying perp?
Besides that, it's about the forum post. Why close it? It was a gig, not an AR. Once again just a thread made for a funny discussion, and someone decided it would be fun to shut the conversation down.

Reaction score
So anyone should be warned for anything that is rule-breaking, despite both parties being fine with it? I can think of about 100 scenarios that happens daily where people are liable to warnings, but since it is for the lols, it's fine. If no one is impacted by it, why the fuck give a shit. It's players having fun in a different way, you really gonna strike down on the few players that are still enjoying perp?
Besides that, it's about the forum post. Why close it? It was a gig, not an AR
Yeah but when you not punish people who just posting something a lot of people get banned or warned for would be weird to the players who got a punishment of it

Reaction score
When you do not punish people for posting stuff that other people did get banned/warned for, it would be unfair for the players that DID get a punishment.*
So it's all black and white, there's no "this depends on the situations". All situations should be handled the same? Doesn't that literally go against the staff's policy of "No two situations are the same"?

Reaction score
So it's all black and white, there's no "this depends on the situations". All situations should be handled the same? Doesn't that literally go against the staff's policy of "No two situations are the same"?
Idk I just translated his post to English. If you want my opinion, of course there is a "depends on the situation". I tend to fuck around sometimes and nobody would care

Reaction score
Might I suggest that if you feel that a staff member is doing something inappropriate and are misusing their rank, to please make a staff complaint? This clearly seems to be one of your concerns as displayed in the appendices section of your post.

While I think that drawing attention to the staff team as a whole is perfectly fine, and may be beneficial to solve a problem, the way you have presented it does not feel serious and could be done without the satire. This way, we can all have a civil discussion and not a bunch of people just saying rude shit about community members as a call to action.

Furthermore, these concerns of "community is dead" etc. are 100% valid and of real concern to the staff team and the rest of the community. The reason that sometimes these threads are brushed under the rug is that they are nothing but someone trying to be a big ol meme and get some winner ratings. -- At the end of the day, if you feel like you are able to bring a serious suggestion about how to fix any of these problems, please do.

Reaction score
Might I suggest that if you feel that a staff member is doing something inappropriate and are misusing their rank, to please make a staff complaint? This clearly seems to be one of your concerns as displayed in the appendices section of your post.

While I think that drawing attention to the staff team as a whole is perfectly fine, and may be beneficial to solve a problem, the way you have presented it does not feel serious and could be done without the satire. This way, we can all have a civil discussion and not a bunch of people just saying rude shit about community members as a call to action.

Furthermore, these concerns of "community is dead" etc. are 100% valid and of real concern to the staff team and the rest of the community. The reason that sometimes these threads are brushed under the rug is that they are nothing but someone trying to be a big ol meme and get some winner ratings. -- At the end of the day, if you feel like you are able to bring a serious suggestion about how to fix any of these problems, please do.
'Furthermore, these concerns of "community is dead" etc. are 100% valid and of real concern to the staff team.' The community isn't dead, it happens every year that the playercount drops massively due to school etc. The playercount always bounces back after a while so what you said is completely untrue.

Reaction score

i keep thinking appendices is spelling appendicitis

Reaction score
'Furthermore, these concerns of "community is dead" etc. are 100% valid and of real concern to the staff team.' The community isn't dead, it happens every year that the playercount drops massively due to school etc. The playercount always bounces back after a while so what you said is completely untrue.
The point I'm trying to make with that is that peoples concerns are not ignored, when someone presents something of importance, time is taken to acknowledge it and try and handle it.

Also, please note "these concerns of "community is dead" etc." that this is not mentioning this argument specifically but rather generalizing on some common concerns that are seen regularly.

Reaction score
Good news boys, my post has been deleted, its content elaborated on a certain moderator (shall not be named for the sake of his/her/their feelings) who accepted an AR on a topic which was not an AR in order to protect the integrity of the server.

Please let me know whether or not this hurts anyone's feelings or breaks any rules (I know it does not but I know what you guys are like for enforcing 'rules')
You've hurt my feelings, i demand you resign, no longer show your presence around here and i expect your first child as compensation.

Reaction score
Good news boys, my post has been deleted, its content elaborated on a certain moderator (shall not be named for the sake of his/her/their feelings) who accepted an AR on a topic which was not an AR in order to protect the integrity of the server.

Please let me know whether or not this hurts anyone's feelings or breaks any rules (I know it does not but I know what you guys are like for enforcing 'rules')
Oh the inactive person that banned someone lmao

Reaction score
You have to stop acting like staff are paid to babysit you. They don’t wanna deal with your shit frankly and they VOLUNTEER to deal with reports to make the community an enjoyable and welcoming place for everyone not just a select few who come on here to shit post and throw slurs around. They’re not paid to deal with this so why should they dedicate time dealing with people just trying to waste it?
Just because they've done the most selfless, heroic act of volunteering themselves for a game server moderation position does no mean they are not to receive any criticism or other negative reactions.

They’re not paid to deal with this
Exactly, so why should they go above and beyond to remove things nobody really cares about? You're essentially saying it's unfair to criticize your dictator because he's doing the most heroic act ever of holding that position for the people.

Reaction score
The point I'm trying to make with that is that peoples concerns are not ignored, when someone presents something of importance, time is taken to acknowledge it and try and handle it.

Also, please note "these concerns of "community is dead" etc." that this is not mentioning this argument specifically but rather generalizing on some common concerns that are seen regularly.
It's nice to see the Community Manager being used. Oh wait. There has been no contributions from the CM to the community in a long time

Reaction score
It's funny because the only people that disagree with you are people that can't play.