Community Discussion - What do you want?

Reaction score

Community Discussion - What do you want?
A lack of discussion between the staff team and the community has been apparent for a long time now, it's important that we get your input on the prevalent issues
and concerns that you all have so we can work toward fixing these. This thread will be an opportunity for Senior Administration to respond to your questions and queries.

I hope this thread can generate some positive discussion, and won't turn into a massive bitch-fest. We really want to see what you guys want, so I do ask that you remain
respectful and dignified when posting here.

For housekeeping sake, can we try keep the topic of this thread around these main issues:

• Gameplay Suggestions & Discussion
  • Rules Discussion (including enforcement)
  • In-Game Organisations
  • Paralake Police Department
  • Staff Team

@TinySlayer and I will do our best to respond to your questions and ideas, please ensure you detail your responses prior to posting!

All meme posts and silly posts will be deleted.

Reaction score
Look at the fucking suggestions lmao.

Reaction score
Yeah this is certainly true, but development is hard given the fact that we don't have many developers. Hiring more developers isn't really an option either, as the server doesn't generate enough income to justify this. We're trying to prioritise the things that people want (hence the thread). Spare time can be hard to come by after 6+ years of development and of course other responsibilities IRL. I plan on going through ideas & suggestions with the staff team at some point with @TinySlayer and the admin team so we can pick out the good ones and get them in a priority list for development.

@KeiwaM this should answer your question too!

Reaction score
- More organisations
- Organisations level up like clash of clans xd
- Less people relying on police or tfu for a free shootout because they struggle off duty.
-Dont know why a pistol is better than most 556 rifles long range. Fix horizontal recoil spread.

Reaction score
Fredy and I are going to be working on organisations together once he's released the stuff he's working on. One thing we certainly want is some form of levelling system which will hopefully add more incentive to being in an org. A few other things that are being discussed are:

• Hard limit on organisation members (smaller orgs)
  • Levelling System, XP given by doing various activities (XP = levels, levels = perks)
  • Ally / Enemy system, and possibly related rules or mechanics in place to infuse org wars / allied orgs.
We'd love input on these ideas before I draft up the final thing and send it to Fredy for development.

Reaction score
I would say when someone is first starting on the server, it is very difficult for them to get the grips of things, the only reason why I believed I stayed was due to me joining along with a few friends such as @Dom_ , @Thomas Fredrick and a few others which don't play anymore. If you join on your own, it is very hard to get involved with things such as joining new orgs and actually enjoying your self.

Reaction score
I've been putting it off for a while, but a big priority of mine is to get the help resource out in the form of a wiki and throwing everything relevant to the game-mode inside it. We need something like this to make sure that new players have a reference for the core mechanics of the game, which hopefully will retain them and get them on their feet in no time.

Other mechanics that could be developed is also something worth thinking about. Having a "tutorial-mode" where new players can take part in a Runescape-esque tutorial, where they complete a checklist of relevant things prior to being able to interact with other players has been talked about. They wouldn't be able to see other players, nor would other players be able to see them (this could of course optional, but certainly beneficial for new players)

Reaction score
You'd also have to think about vehicles, would they also be invisible, and would they be able to get hit by one in this mode?

Reaction score
Revert the rifle marksmanship to how it was since its then alot better like u could control your spray even at a very low rifle marks.

Reaction score
Certainly talked about a lot, and quite a prominent topic. I'm not too aware of how much this has changed, @TinySlayer might be best off answering this one.

Reaction score
Staff Team: I must admit the staff team here is better than most servers I have played on, however unprofessional staff remains (Which I am not going to name specifically).

For example, they give you 24 hours to send evidence not caring about if you even have time to do so. It's a little presumptious to assume that other people will work their lives around your given time.

In Game Organisations: Perhaps limit the amount of people being able/being allowed to participate in an organisation. I feel like a lot of organisations are trying to take control of Paralake, which is not good gameplay wise.

Paralake Police Department: The Police Department could have a lot of improvements, superiors within the Police Department sometimes have too much power, E.G allowing them to hand citizens 10K tickets for failing to cooperate which is excessive.

The Police Department also isn't respected within the city by citizens, due to many officers being ignorant and uncaring. What I have seen happening lately was a police officer going Code 3 crashing into a citizens vehicle totally wrecking it, the officer couldn't care enough and drove off without even providing medical attention or compensation. Which is yet another example of unprofessionalism, citizens feeling powerless.

Yes there is an internal affairs system, no it shouldn't be refered to as only option by every supervisor/officer. Its basically saying: "I don't give a shit, go make an IA and find out for yourself" Its a pain to make an internal affair and go through all the processing, while people could take their time and deal with it properly IC instead of redirecting every citizen to the internal affairs.

Reaction score
We try ensure our staff remain at the highest possible standard, but sometimes it can be hard to monitor individual progress and quality of our staff members. I plan on doing a lot of things behind the scenes to ensure that staff are remaining professional, are knowledgeable in all aspects of the community and server and also aren't letting standards slip. Reviews are something I personally believe would be beneficial, having quarterly talks with each of our staff members on their performance is definitely something I want to introduce. Staff complaints are also the best way to ensure that Staff Members are being closely watched by Senior Administration, so you can rest assured that each staff complaint will certainly have at least some effect.

As for the Police Department, I do agree with some aspects of your post - Officers do need to be regularly watched by their superiors and critiqued on negative behaviour, I have a few things planned to move more responsibilities to supervisory officers and also ensure that they understand that their role is to observe and provide feedback to officers under their supervision. I hope to decrease the amount of Internal Affairs complaints overall and move more of this kind of thing in-game, so it can be solved quickly.

The quality of Officers is also a massive issue, we've seen general standards drop since unwhitelisting the Officer role. I plan on working with @TinySlayer and @Samuel to combat these negative effects, and improve overall training and knowledge of all officers. This may result in us being stricter, but I believe this is necessary in the long run if we want competent Officers running around the server.

Reaction score
Be more consistent, one of the key factors for unbanning the folks recently was that the would NOT remake olsen. One day after that, Olsen is back and you're part of it. Olsen was cancer for the community, and its already making a repeat. At later hours not a single cop goes on duty anymore and you got absolutely nobody to raid because everybody is in one big org. If it continues like this it will gradually kill the server as no competition will result in boredom and boredom will result... in mass rdm ;)?

Find a way to create competition, or even add some npc shootouts maybe if its not possible vs players

View previous replies…
Reaction score
Fix the discrepancy in enforcement of forum rules. Without naming any names, certain staff members are very quick to issue warnings or forum bans for things other staff members would let slide.

The variations have become quite noticeable and there have been cases where a staff member has viewed a shoutbox message or forum post and not taken action, whilst hours later a different staff member comes online and either takes offence or tries to apply the rules to what was said.

I understand why we have forum rules, they're there to create order and protect people from bullying and a 'shit fest' so we don't end up like 4chan or something. However it's worth remembering this is the internet, and people speak more freely, and regardless of what's being discussed on the shoutbox for example someone's always going to be offended.

Also clearer transparency on how forum rules are enforced, what's a typical punishment for certain infringements? Same perhaps could be said for the server rules but I've not played in a long time so it's hard to tell.

Reaction score
Some staff members can be really bitchy about some posts which some staff members will let slide, for example, a while back when one of my mates got staff, I wrote on their profile along the lines of "Err, who would give you staff???" clearly if you have some sort of intelligence you would also believe this is a joke, clearly not this post got deleted and I think I received a warning.

Reaction score
I totally agree, it does seem that consistency is missing in enforcement of the forum rules. We've combated this quite a bit over the last year in-game, and also lowered punishments by a lot. I plan on rewriting the forum rules, and also having guidelines for staff to follow in regards to this.

smo

Reaction score
unbanning olsen was like the season 8 of got, its funny how they've manipulated you already to unban their friends

Reaction score
Not sure how this is relevant at all, seems more like an attack than anything constructive.

View previous replies…

smo

Reaction score
@Adrish Mate it's just a game, you're making it sound like they've been to war and just came back. "I don't think thats enough for you to understand the change these players have been through" They've been banned for a year and couldn't wait any longer and wanted to be unbanned just to waste their lifes on this server which is quite sad actually, it's just a game I feel like people are taking this way too serious. What have they been through? They all sit together on 1 ts playing csgo or some shit quite a life they live lol

Reaction score
Certain PLPD cars need to be changed, you could add in certain cars that are already in to replace them.

Reaction score
Could you list a few of the ones which you'd like changed & also a list of a few which might be worth adding?

I'd love also alter the current decals we have, and make the police cars look a little better generally.

Reaction score
So currently you have the Crown vic, thats decent 5 seater. Keep that. The Dodge charger or what ever the regular officer gets. It doesnt function right to how a proper car would function irl. The SO car is fine. The Porsche Cayenne is glitchy both civilian side and police side. Civilian side you get the wheel stuck in the floor. Cop side, it has difficulty from drifting to turn back properly/getting any speed after drifting cus you would just disabled your car if you lightly tapped something. The Escalade is slow for a police vehicle, could be a bit faster, yes it is a 6 seater but needs to be faster. All of the police vehicles sorta have low health to a standard car. few shots in the trunk by an AR disables it. You could add in a new car to the server for RTU unmarked and that is the Volvo V40 estate. The decals on the car doesnt explicitly shout oh its the cops. It needs to be bright yellow and white like we have it in England. Some of the choices for the RTU unmarked cars are terrible. Evo doesnt go as fast as you think it would.

Reaction score
Bring back mat prices from 2015 before the gun update dropped, guns were cheap AKs were 12K and M4 like 7K.
It will be fun for people to use the guns and don't care about loosing right now someone loses their rifle the F6 key on their keyboard gets destroyed trying to get it back or the RR subforum gets spammed with refunds for their gun. Back then nobody cared either about losing a gun now everyone does.

Another thing remove Marksmanship on everything and bring back the old system. Take an example at Arma 3 servers, the servers that use a recoil system that could be upgraded don't even reach 30 don't matter how good the server is because nobody wants to play a server where the sweatiest no life people have an advantage over newer players. People like to play a server where everyone is equal when it comes to shooting and where its about skill instead of recoil perks.

EDIT

Plus add an evidence locker to perp where all the confiscated guns go into a storage container inside the PD which could be raided at anytime when there like 16 cops because it will give cops a reason to stay at PD and guard it plus people could make a lot of money but it will require some items to break into the storage example maybe a drill worth 80K you need to craft as you can make a lot of profit by all the guns in there. But of course every server restart the locker gets wiped.

Do more frequent server restart like a restart every 6 / 12 hours to keep the server non-laggy, I don't know if this would help on PERP but on some other GMOD and ArmA server they do this quite a lot to help reduce the lag.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Revert 556 recoil update, but keep SMG's the same and i personally believe there will still be a balance as at the moment if someone has 100 rifle and 100 smg, they are going to take a UMP over an M4.

Not only this, but player models and clothing used to be really good looking and not as buggy imo, re implementing the old clothing would be great and stop people looking like roblox characters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would love to see more variety in the cars that would be lovely jubbly

Reaction score
We've recently uploaded the last few cars from TDM, it took @D3V a while to configure them! There's a huge variety of cars, however we rely solely on TDMCars and to remain consistent this won't be changing. If you'd like more, I'd suggest contact TDM himself but I doubt this will get you anywhere.

Reaction score
listen to the people and give me a second chance, thats not even a meme suggestion.

furthermore i think that there should be something more in place to protect new members from cunts with ak47s and big orgs possibly through the rules or maybe through an ingame mechanic not sure. i think there could also be an actual ingame guide step by step for new players on how to do certain things when its their first time doing it a bit like when you start a new city skylines save and its like telling you what to do.

somehow orgs that help new members and are generally well behaved (hello Vault of memes?) need some reward and those who raid new players can have some kind of punishment because of it. this could be displayed on a new statistics page on the f3 menu which has a like cunt-o-meter telling you how much of a cunt your org is and then you could lose certain benefits based on it which would tie in with some kind of future org benefits system such as if your org is a certain level you can place org-drug farms or idk something like they had on gangwars RP a long time ago.

kind regards and thanks for listening, i genuinely think some kind of cunt-o-meter is not a bad shout to ''''fix orgs''''

Reaction score
I want staff members to crack down on metagaming, we all know this is a huge problem and we know this because literally everyone metagames, it's something that has been something everyone cared about and were so strict on, and at some point the focus on metagaming dropped.

Last edited:
View previous replies…
Reaction score
I'd say atleast half the staff team is in the metagaming ring right now, i belive strongly that its something that needs to be sorted from the inside to get people to stop metagaming. I watch groups go around and do full raids and scout without speaking a word

Reaction score
There's a few things i really wanna complain about but they're already listed above and you answered to them but really my biggest priority is the materials prices and the new models/clothings

I feel like the new models are really buggy, like i watched a lot of videos from 2016 all the shootouts looks really fair the clothings are really fit on the character and they're not buggy at all, like literally when you try to shoot someone running you'll never get a hit on him even doe you aim your gun at him there's no way you miss a lot of shots it's just a buggy hitbox on the body looking back at 2016 every shot is registered on the body nowadays either someone peeks and one taps you out of nowhere or you really just miss a whole magazine trying to kill a pistol cop i'm not sure if it's the recoil of all the weapons but i promise you there's something fucked up about the new models and again the old clothing looked a lot better than nowadays clothing everyone liked the tracksuits and i tried to find the topic where people asked for a new models i couldn't find one it's like nobody really asked for them.
Edit- Also @Pusheen just mentioned the mouth movement, this small thing was the coolest thing to exist and with the new retarded models it was ruined

The material prices i can't remember in my time how cheap weapons was but hearing from old members that ak and m4 were that cheap is just mindblowing and it's so true that @Sossa said people really get pissed loosing weapons from shootouts you literally have to work your ass off making money grinding a lot to get yourself a few expensive weapons and die so easily to cops where they don't loose shit, i'm 100% sure if materials prices are low nobody would complain about loosing a rifle and to be honest everyone is just using a pistol today because they cheap and better recoil than rifles and they don't complain about loosing it, 70% of the players who complain about dying are just rifle users lmao it's literally not worth using a rifle that cost 25k fully attached to make the recoil better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some development has alraedy been completed in creating a new set of models. Hopefully lessons will be learnt from the issues with the current models and there will be less issues with the new ones.

It may be that firearms are more expensive now, but the amount of money that you can make in one hour has increased by a larger margin. I returned after the changes and I've never had an issue earning enough money to buy guns.

Nobody is forcing you to use rifles either. If they really are as bad as the people asking for rifles to be buffed claim they are, then surely you would be better using an alternate weapon?

View previous replies…
Reaction score
I'm not saying as that i really want a rifle over all the weapons but for the price of a rifle it's not worth the recoil it's really bad to the point you can't use it and the best solution fo this is fixing the recoil

Reaction score
I returned after the changes and I've never had an issue earning enough money to buy guns.
Maybe for you it isn't a problem, you're DCOD of the PLPD, you'll earn a lot for being a cop for only one hour. I don't say u don't deserve it for al the work u guys have to do. But you earn a lot more then normal people trying to get into the criminal life. Buying a gun is really hard for newer players.

even starting criminal life as a known player is hard since you can't be a criminal without being in a decent org.

Reaction score
-Make marksmanship about skill not bank account balance, reverting it back the old system where marksmanship existed but didn't drastically change the way your gun would recoil to the sky if you fired a few bullets

-Crackdown on the bias that exists, as some players who are caught up in this accidentally or not, feel no consqeuence for their rule breakages

-Legals jobs, we need more of them and we have done since 2014/15, police pay is *okay* but not every player wants to grind hours on cop to receive a quarter of the money mass drug growers get. Drugs should remain the same, as I feel the money you get from them is balanced for the risk you are putting in, but please please add more legal jobs, some people want to be involved in active role-play instead of AFKing in a zerg base growing drugs.

-Also make the mouths move again what's up with that

Reaction score
I have addressed my thoughts on marksmanship here: https://perpheads.com/threads/community-discussion-what-do-you-want.37768/page-4?tpr_post=272001#post-272001

I feel that any bias that is left is always much less than it was when I joined the staff team. If you see any actions that you believe are bias, please do let us know through a staff complaint or a private message.

I think everyone would agree that legal jobs are a good idea. The difficult question is what legal jobs are we able to add given the existing content and map that we have? If a new job is going to require a lot of content to be added, it's going to slow down the development time considerably.

The issue with mouths is a bug. @Xquality will make sure that it isn't there when the next generation of player models are released.

Reaction score
-Be able to search people when they're in zip ties
-Let police officers to pay for their firearms
-Remove regals fire-escape stairs
-Add NPC robbery such as fredy's and uncle-cos
-Fix "ninja-cuffing" make it so it takes a few seconds to cuff a suspect
-Lower the prices for fixing a wrecked car
-Lower the materials prices

(Thanks @bobo)

View previous replies…
Reaction score
I'd personally disagree with the second point, but I can see where you're coming from. Cops get paid very little in comparison to the money crims can make, so making them pay for their firearms would make their paychecks even less essentially, especially with olsen back a LOT of cops are going to die over and over again.

As I said, I can see where you're coming from as cops have zero risk for losing their possessions, so they act recklessly and don't generally care for their lives, but making them pay for the equipment more than likely won't solve this issue.

I'd agree that material prices need to be lowered, the good ol' days of M4s costing 6-7k to make, made newer players aswell as the poorer players able to compete with the armoury of the larger orgs.

Reaction score
Making cops pay for a glock 17 would be like making a carpenter pay for a rubber mallet as well. A gun isn't something police departments in first world countries make people pay for. Sure, it'd give them something to worry about losing but at the same time why would anyone give a shit about losing a gun they'll lose when they go off duty anyways?

Reaction score
Here's a few suggestions of mine:

- Revert the bank robbery "self enforcing" feature so its possible to set up a flank. Cops complained that bank robberies had too many flankers because there approach and tactics were terrible and they left themselves susceptible to the flank
- Allow "elevated platforms" such as second floors to bazaar shops on the terms that they aren't being used to grow or house other raid-able entities
- Host more planned events, maybe have an allocated weekly / bi weekly events day
- Start enforcing certain rules, Such as NLR, 3.4, 3.6, Metagaming, 2.5 and other rules that majorly affect peoples game play when broken with a lot less leniency and possibly have a fixed punishment guideline for general breakages and / or repeat offences
- Re-evaluate the PD's ranking system and who holds what rank and keep track of there progression and what they do for the PD a lot more.
- Make certain cars faster and give "Lemons" Like the mini cooper, Beetle, vintage pick up trucks, etc. The ability to go uphill.
- Sort out the 5.56 rifles, bullpups are never used for a good reason.
- Replace scuffed vehicles like the ambulance and SWAT Van with something that looks miles better.
- And finally, for the love of fucking god, Let us shoot people as civ who run around shootouts when they shouldn't be there, be it paramedics, non government workers, or just civilians. Too many times I've had kids I don't know beyond raiding them running up to me in shootouts trying to tell me where cops are but there so incoherent that I haven't got a fucking clue what they're trying to say.

Last edited:
View previous replies…
Reaction score
How often would you like events to be held?

Punishment guidelines have been discussed heavily before, but they were not implement because there is far too much variance in situations to be able give a fixed guideline for something like 3.4. It would either only cover a few specific scenarios or end up being a very long list that nobody would want to read and would cause disagreements about which rules are "worse" than others.

Regarding slow vehicles, I would much rather that the map just wasn't as steep in places. The physics engine really isn't designed for significant gradients. I will investigate if some of these vehicles need a buff in the meantime though.