Moderators overstepping their bounds and enforcing rules that do not exist (BOOMER THREAD 2.0)

Reaction score
1602607807857.png
:peanut: Wake up and smell the Monster Energy Ultra baby, this is another Boomer Thread! :peanut:

I've recently encountered a brand new beast, for some reason, moderators are enforcing rules which do not exist (aside from 1.4 which is explained below) with punishments that are unreasonable, likely because they are afraid that criticism on their position as a staff member will result in their immediate removal. Their efforts to silence the community has only made people angry, and it silences discussions about things that actually need to be discussed (rather than the same old posts about 'server dead' or 'RP dead'). The senior administration should make some effort to check through the efforts made to reduce discussion about a community that people are clearly (in some way) invested in, the discussion will lead to solutions, and these solutions might be able to prevent the consistent threads about the server going downhill.

While memes and jokes about things do not seem to be productive, they are often an entrance intro broader and deeper discussions about what concerns people because it brings it to the forefront of the community and people who might not have engaged with a long post (such as this one) would engage and consider the validity of jokes because they are lighthearted rather than heavy and confrontational. Some evidence has been supplied (at the Appendices section of this thread), it demonstrates where staff members have gone beyond the authorised use of their powers by virtue of their position and without regard for the community which it harms. I appreciate that no one likes to be labelled as something that they perceive that they are not, but ultimately, you are similar to a public figure, you cannot avoid criticism by deleting posts.

From my experience, 1.4 was and is used to prevent people from causing problems, this is generally used to ensure order, not to prevent criticism, my posting of a warning is a check and balance of the community, the staff member's efforts to prevent an open discussion about this do nothing but preserve their own integrity rather than to maintain the community's. To delete posts that are controversial because they harm your own personal identity is a dangerous move that should not be considered acceptable.

Appendices:
Appendix 1:
1602607084909.png

(While I agree that the original post on the thread was inappropriate and against the rules, I posted this to the shoutbox as a quasi-check and balance on Nutrient10, this was the result:

5d69038770.png

Appendix 2:

bXVzkPF.png

Further illustrating that he does not care about opinions, he only cares about his own integrity.

Appendix 3:
1602607269782.png
This was posted in the Shoutbox by MoronPipllyd and was deleted because it was considered inappropriate.

Appendix 4:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Our own community manager utilising either the staff team or his own powers to ensure his position isn't questioned after he left the community for a long period of time.

In summary, we can see that the staff team are not concerned with VALID concerns they are much happier keeping discussions about "The Community's Dead", "PLPD is Overpowered" or "RP is Gone" because they can be quickly brushed under the rug as being unnecessary, discussions which question the staff team are considered to be more unacceptable because they chip away at their own positions, and they do not like it. Open discussions about these matters are good and healthy, whereas sometimes it may result in fun being made about them, that is what you signed up for. Every staff member back in the day also had to go through it.

Screenshots provided by :peanut:

Thicken your skins and do your job properly or resign.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Moderator discretion is cool and all but have you heard about player discretion?

You just tell them that their opinion on the rules is subjective and ignore them anyway as you have player discretion! They have to get special permission before they can ban you anyway!

Reaction score
Moderator discretion is cool and all but have you heard about player discretion?

You just tell them that their opinion on the rules is subjective and ignore them anyway as you have player discretion! They have to get special permission before they can ban you anyway!
Yeah but they can do small bans without special permission and most of time the staff team dont disagree with eachother so it is not a very special permission anyways

Reaction score
no your funny 6-word remark must be removed at all costs because we need to uphold an absolute extreme standard of professionalism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A GAME FORUM FOR GODS SAKE

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good news boys, my post has been deleted, its content elaborated on a certain moderator (shall not be named for the sake of his/her/their feelings) who accepted an AR on a topic which was not an AR in order to protect the integrity of the server.

Please let me know whether or not this hurts anyone's feelings or breaks any rules (I know it does not but I know what you guys are like for enforcing 'rules')

Reaction score
You have to stop acting like staff are paid to babysit you. They don’t wanna deal with your shit frankly and they VOLUNTEER to deal with reports to make the community an enjoyable and welcoming place for everyone not just a select few who come on here to shit post and throw slurs around. They’re not paid to deal with this so why should they dedicate time dealing with people just trying to waste it?
They volunteer for a sense of status, they're not gonna put it on their CV or anything (actually, some of them have)

Reaction score
You have to stop acting like staff are paid to babysit you. They don’t wanna deal with your shit frankly and they VOLUNTEER to deal with reports to make the community an enjoyable and welcoming place for everyone not just a select few who come on here to shit post and throw slurs around. They’re not paid to deal with this so why should they dedicate time dealing with people just trying to waste it?
stop rimming, they are closing threads for no apparent reasons. Quite frankly it seems like they're trying to overcompensate. Don't know if you saw what was posted before (cause it got removed pretty damn quickly, ask yourself why) but a thread which wasn't even an AR but a gig, was closed and the person issued a warning. Why? Nobody knows.

Reaction score
stop rimming, they are closing threads for no apparent reasons. Quite frankly it seems like they're trying to overcompensate. Don't know if you saw what was posted before (cause it got removed pretty damn quickly, ask yourself why) but a thread which wasn't even an AR but a gig, was closed and the person issued a warning. Why? Nobody knows.
Chad

Reaction score
They volunteer for a sense of status, they're not gonna put it on their CV or anything (actually, some of them have)
lmfao, I'd love to see that CV. "...and then I have 4 months of experience as a forum and game moderator." "Oh really, you moderated open forums and such" "Uh no, online forums..."

Reaction score
Most likely because the user who received the punishment posted a video on the forums of himself blatantly breaking a server rule and even stated they’re fine with being punished? This video of him incriminating himself served no real purpose and it therefore doesn’t make a difference whether it’s left open or not.

Reaction score
Most likely because the user who received the punishment posted a video on the forums of himself blatantly breaking a server rule and even stated they’re fine with being punished? This video of him incriminating himself served no real purpose and it therefore doesn’t make a difference whether it’s left open or not.
But we need to report Samuel aswell for not reporting a rulebreaker tsss